Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Furienna said:
Okay, excuse me for seeming ignorant here, but Beatrice, who are those women in your picture
?
It's Charlotte Casiraghi and her mother, Princess Caroline of Monaco.

Furienna said:
Okay, excuse me for seeming ignorant here, but Beatrice, who are those women in your picture?
I'm very sorry i should have written that,yes it's the gorgeous Princess Caroline of Monaco and Hannover with Charlotte Casiraghi!:flowers:

-Willem-Alexander looks like his mother Beatrix
-Constanijn is a double of Prince Claus
-Haakon has his mother's face expression
-Alexia seems like a mini-me of Willem Alexander
;)

sources: PPE, KoniklijkeHuis, newscom, Polfoto,ANP

:rolleyes: Oh my God, you're right. I thought Alexia looked a lot like her mother, but she's exactly her father. So sweet

Yes, I gotta agree on that one. Alexia looks like her father W-A.

Wow , I found this one on NRK

King Frederik 8. of Denmark and Haakon Magnus of Norway!
It's amazing! :ohmy:

NRK

Oh yes! And it's four generations between them! (Frederik VIII is Haakon's great great grandfather.)

CP Pavlos like his grandfather King Frederik...I always thought Margrethe and Anne-Marie looked more like their dad.

Saw a documentary on Mary Donaldson, and it showed a picture of her when she was little. Spitting image of Christian...although he seems to have inherited his granddad Henri's eyes (electric blue!)

Her_Majesty said:

NRK
oh my gosh, that looks so freaky. cp haakon definitly looks like king frederick VIII of denmark. uncanny resemblence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her_Majesty said:
-Willem-Alexander looks like his mother Beatrix
-Constanijn is a double of Prince Claus
-Haakon has his mother's face expression
-Alexia seems like a mini-me of Willem Alexander
;)
sources: PPE, KoniklijkeHuis, newscom, Polfoto,ANP
i agree with you there. i always thought that haakon and martha-louise looked a lot like sonja. personally speaking, do you think martha-louise also does bear some resemblence to crown princess martha of norway (mother of king harald V, i hope i got my facts right there, martha died before she became queen)

Avalon said:
In this picture both William and Harry really resemble Prince Charles, especially Harry.
In the
close-up Prince Harry looks like small Prince Charles with red hair.

And
another picture of Prince Charles and Prince Harry, where they look strikingly alike (imo).

I agree! I cannot understand how people could say that Harry is Hewitt son!:lol:

Avalon said:
In this picture both William and Harry really resemble Prince Charles, especially Harry.
In the
close-up Prince Harry looks like small Prince Charles with red hair.

And
another picture of Prince Charles and Prince Harry, where they look strikingly alike (imo).
It may be the same mannerism and gestures, but when it comes to genetics (eyes, ears, mouth, lips, chin etc.) these people could come from totally different families. (In my opinion).

Avalon, how do you see the resemblance?

...sOfIa.... said:
Agreed, and Leonor is becoming more like Queen Sofia

Yes, about Queen Sofia and Leonor, I was doing the same reflexion once I saw a pic of Sofia, young baby girl ( but aforgot where....)regarding the shape of their cheeks.

for me Prince Christian look like his father

I agree with Beatrice, Charlotte Cashiragi looks exactly like her mother princess Caroline.

Daneborn said:
It may be the same mannerism and gestures, but when it comes to genetics (eyes, ears, mouth, lips, chin etc.) these people could come from totally different families. (In my opinion).

Prince Harry's ears, nose, fingers, lips (mouth) are almost copy of his father's. The hair, eyes and chin (Prince Charles's chin is more rounded) are different.
Imho Prince Harry has a strong resemblance to Prince Charles, especially in this picture.

Avalon said:
Prince Harry's ears, nose, fingers, lips (mouth) are almost copy of his father's. The hair, eyes and chin (Prince Charles's chin is more rounded) are different.
Imho Prince Harry has a strong resemblance to Prince Charles, especially in this picture.
Well, the noses look alike, and they also seem to have a kind of lump in the left side of the forehead. But that might be lighting or acne (at least on Harry's behalf).

Harry's ears are much smaller than his fathers, and I don't think the lips resemble at all. Charles has sensual, edgy lips, Harry's are more rounded and plain (in my opinion).

Her_Majesty said:

NRK
When I look for your job I think about all these rumours about Queen Maud.
(I know that Haakon is not only related with Danish cousins by Haakon VII but by CPss Martha too.)

I think Prince Harry has the close set eyes of his grandfather and father but that the rest of his features resemble the Spencer's but not the Fermoy's.

Many interesting observations, thanks for posting.
What I can say after many years of Royal watching is, that actually I can see in the current generation of heirs (+ their siblings) and in their children both parents. There is no one among them, who makes me wonder, if the postman, stable lad, butler or any society guy enjoyed the pleasure of fathering a country´s next heir (or spare) :rolleyes: In some the resemblence might be not as striking as in others, but usually some features, facial expressions or similarities with the grandparents reveal their genetic relations. So no DNA tests needed (IMO one generally wouldn´t need them as often, as they are used. With a little common sense one can see the parents in most ppl. Even in those, who say, that they look nothing like their parents) ;)

Last edited:
I think, of the babies, Leonor is the clearest resemblance to me- She is obviously Felipe's daughter. Look at him as a child, and you can see the hair and eyes. (although the hair could also be from her mother) They also have the exact same facial expressions- look at the first birthday pictures, it's amazing. She also has the Spanish Royal blue eyes. Her eyes also slant slightly out and down, as do her fathers' (just look at the red birthday picture, and look at their eyes- you can see it best there, although you can see it in most of the other photos as well. She also seems to have Felipe's hairline (hehe);).
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/528101-post85.html

Princess Amalia is the runner-up, channeling both her father and grandmother, especially in the shapes of her face.

For the current generation of royals (the generation of the crown princes), I'd have to say Crown Prince Haakon looks so much like King Frederik VIII of Denmark that it is scary. As for a person looking like their parent, the prize would have to go to Prince Joachim of Denmark, who looks like a male copy of his mother.
Second prize goes to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, who looks an awful lot like his mother.

Daneborn said:

I can't explain it, but I sure see a resemblance too.

Princess Elizabeth of Belgium and her father, Prince Phillippe.

I think it is cute to see how many Royal Children look like their grandparents.
Amalia reminds me alot of Queen Beatrix (especially on the new birthdaypictures). Her face looks like Máxima's, but the way she presents herself reminds me so much of the Queen.
The same goes for Leonor!
Leonor looks like a mini-version of Queen Sofia. They have the same face and expressions!
Prince Christian looks like his grandfather Prince Henrik. They both have this cubby and round face.
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway looks like her grandmother,too. Her dark eyes are very similar to Sonja's eyes, and if you compare babypictures of the Queen with pictures of Ingrid you see the resemblance very clearly!

Prince Felipe is exactly to his mother Queen Sofia;) , and Leonor looks like her Father Prince Felipe:rolleyes: , so, for that reason she also looks like her grandma.:wub: :lol:

Her_Majesty said:
I think it is cute to see how many Royal Children look like their grandparents.
Amalia reminds me alot of Queen Beatrix (especially on the new birthdaypictures). Her face looks like Máxima's, but the way she presents herself reminds me so much of the Queen.
The same goes for Leonor!
Leonor looks like a mini-version of Queen Sofia. They have the same face and expressions!
Prince Christian looks like his grandfather Prince Henrik. They both have this cubby and round face.
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway looks like her grandmother,too. Her dark eyes are very similar to Sonja's eyes, and if you compare babypictures of the Queen with pictures of Ingrid you see the resemblance very clearly!

I think Amalia is copy of her mother :wub:
she is crazy, cute and lovely. Also, she has Maxima's eyes.
Alexia looks much more like Beatrix I think :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom