Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Charles looks like his father, prince phillipp,duke of Edinburgh
Prince willem Alexander looks alot like his father the late count claus Von amsberg

Prince Charles also resembles is mothers family Charles and great-grandfather

Willem-Alexander and Claus... I don't really see that, for me WA looks more like his mother

^i agree with you, WA is Beatrix, not Claus at all.

i used to think that Princess Estelle was like Victoria, but she's so Daniel now, no one can deny that!!!

a child can be similar to his/her parents a lot, but a copy like the parents miniature, there are not many: Prince Emmanuel is Prince Phillippe mini, Prince Gabriel is Princess Mathilde mini, Prince Abdul Muntaqim is Princess Sarah mini, Princess Isabella is Prince Frederik mini when he was a child, Princess Aiko is Prince Naruhito mini, Marius is Mette-Marit male version, Princess Alexia is Maxima's miniature...

and there are others that i will never change my mind, like Queen Elizabeth resembles her aunt Mary the Princess Royal the most, and Infanta Sofia looks like Infanta Cristina when younger!

Last edited:
For me the most stunning ressemblances are

- Charlotte Casiraghi, to her mum, Princess Caroline
- Pierre Casiraghi, to his dad, late Stefano Casiraghi
- Prince William, to his mum, late Pcs Diana
- Pcs Maria Olympia of Greece, to her mum, CP Marie Chantal

Indeed! Not surprising ofcourse.

Infanta Margarita of Spain and her late mother,the Countess of Barcelona!

I think:

1. Princess Ingrid Alexandra looks like Haakon
2. Lady Louise looks a lot like granny! (and Edward)
3. Infanta Leonor looks like Queen Sofia and Letizia
4. Irene Urdugandarin looks like her mother
5. Margarita Armstrong- Jones looks a lot like Serena Linley
6. Prince Christian looks like Mary
7. Princess Isabella looks like Frederik
8. The Earl of Wessex looks like the Queen
9. Prince William looks like Diana

Last edited:
I think Margarita Armstrong-Jones bears a strong resemblance to her aunt, Sarah, and her father's side of the family. Her brother is more of a mix between both parents.
Sarah and Margarita.

Archduchess Zelia said:
I think Margarita Armstrong-Jones bears a strong resemblance to her aunt, Sarah, and her father's side of the family. Her brother is more of a mix between both parents.
Sarah and Margarita.

I definitely share your views here. Margarita is almost a carbon copy of her Aunt Sarah.

Sarah and Margarita.

I see what you mean now about Margarita looking like Sarah. They have the same eyes and smile. Here's a picture of Lady Sarah smiling: http://imageupper.com/gi/?galID=S0100010091P135197325307274&n=1&m=1

And here's one of Margarita smiling: http://imageupper.com/gi/?galID=S0800010091V135197302305898&n=1&m=1

Last edited:
I think Lady Louise is the spitting image of the Queen.
Princess Eugenie looks like the Queen Mother
Prince Philippe, Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent all look like King Albert. I used to think Princess Astrid was looking more like Queen Paola as she got older, but I don't think so. I saw a baby picture of Queen Paola and there is a strong resemblence between the Queen as a child to Princess Louise. The children of Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde are a mix...Princess Elisabeth looks like her father, Prince Gabriel and Princess Eleanore look like Princess Mathilde, and Prince Emmanul looks like Prince Philippe and Prince Laurent.
Infanta Leonor looks like Queen Sofia.

one more--Sheikh Mohammed looks like Sheikha Mozah, as does Sheikha Mayassah. Sheikh Tamim looks like the Emir

I have wondered this several time, is it just me or anyone else thinks that..
Charles is probably the only one who never looks like either of his parents..Too much recombination, I guess..

I would rather say that Charles looks like both his parents.

Princess Letizia and Princess Leonor

Prince Hamzah and King Hussein.

Crown Prince Hussein looks just like his father, King Abdullah, when he was still a baby.

I have wondered this several time, is it just me or anyone else thinks that..
Charles is probably the only one who never looks like either of his parents..Too much recombination, I guess..

Really? As he gets older, I see a lot of Phillip in Charles. I also see a lot of him in Harry. Those bushy eyebrows and close set eyes, especially. As the Queen said when William was born "Thank God he hasn't got his father's ears"!

Really? As he gets older, I see a lot of Phillip in Charles. I also see a lot of him in Harry. Those bushy eyebrows and close set eyes, especially. As the Queen said when William was born "Thank God he hasn't got his father's ears"!
Same here; I see a lot of Philip in Charles, and a lot of Charles and Philip in Harry.

I've always felt Charles resembles his extended family a lot, particulary king edward viii, so definitely Windsor-genes :) more than being a spitting image of one of his parents

I agree, I think Charles looks like his parents. Regarding this ears, which he most likely inherited from his grandfather Prince Andrew, it's lucky that neither of his children got them but it looks like little adorable Viscount Severn has inherited them!

0294d60bf4f511bd6e9ae210a5e02366c12255139908121.jpg

She also closely resembles her father's cousin Princess Alexia of Greece.

I don't know if I'd say that she closely resembles her, but it's definitely visible that they're related (1, 2). Frederik and Alexia resembles each other a lot, if I didn't know better I'd look at the family being gathered and think that those two were siblings and not Frederik and Joachim.

HM Late King Hussein & his son HRH Prince Hamzah ,, there is so closely resembles
images
hrh_prince_hamzah_0.jpg

images
images

Last edited:
(Belgium)
Crown Princess Elisabeth mini King Philippe.
Princess Laetitia Maria mini Princess Astrid.
Prince Aymeric mini Prince Laurent.

(Denmark)
Princess Isabella mini Crown Prince Frederik.
Prince Nikolai and Baby Prince Henrik mini Prince Joachim.

(Dutch)
Crown Princess Catharina Amalia mini King Willem Alexander.
Countess Luana mini Late Prince Johan Friso.
Count Claus Casimir mini Prince Constantijn.
Lucas Van Vollenhoven mini Prince Maurits.
Benjamin Van Vollenhoven mini Prince Bernhard.
Emma Van Vollenhoven mini Prince Pieter Christiaan.
Eliane Van Vollenhoven mini Prince Floris.

(Luxembourg)
Archduchess Marie Christine mini Princess Marie Astrid.
Heredity Grand Duke Guillaume mini Grand Duke Henri.

(Liechtenstein)
Princess Marie Caroline mini Princess Sophie.
Princess Maria Annunciata mini Princess Margareta.

(Norway)
Prince Sverre mini Crown Prince Hakkon.
Leah Behn mini Princess Märtha Louise.

(Spain)
Infanta Sofía mini Crown Prince Felipe.
Felipe Juan Frolián mini Infanta Elena.
Juan Valentín mini Infanta Cristina.

Last edited:
Countess Eloise is a mini me to her mother Princess Laurentien.

I see Countess Alexandra in her Prince Nikolai

I would rather say that Charles looks like both his parents.

Agreed. I think he's a mix of both. But I think he's grown to resemble Philip more as he's become older, whereas when he was younger I think he looked a lot more Windsor (compare him to HM or Margaret).

Here's an interesting comparison. Young Charles (from a stamp) and his great aunt, Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood.

http://gb.fotolibra.com/images/previews/693173-prince-charles-savings-stamp-c-1960.jpeg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CaQzP4Hji...n+Princess+Mary%2C+Countess+of+Harewood+5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom