The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Wow , I found this one on NRK

King Frederik 8. of Denmark and Haakon Magnus of Norway!
It's amazing!

NRK
When I look for your job I think about all these rumours about Queen Maud.
(I know that Haakon is not only related with Danish cousins by Haakon VII but by CPss Martha too.)

Old 11-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

I think Prince Harry has the close set eyes of his grandfather and father but that the rest of his features resemble the Spencer's but not the Fermoy's.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Many interesting observations, thanks for posting.
What I can say after many years of Royal watching is, that actually I can see in the current generation of heirs (+ their siblings) and in their children both parents. There is no one among them, who makes me wonder, if the postman, stable lad, butler or any society guy enjoyed the pleasure of fathering a country´s next heir (or spare) In some the resemblence might be not as striking as in others, but usually some features, facial expressions or similarities with the grandparents reveal their genetic relations. So no DNA tests needed (IMO one generally wouldn´t need them as often, as they are used. With a little common sense one can see the parents in most ppl. Even in those, who say, that they look nothing like their parents)
Old 11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I think, of the babies, Leonor is the clearest resemblance to me- She is obviously Felipe's daughter. Look at him as a child, and you can see the hair and eyes. (although the hair could also be from her mother) They also have the exact same facial expressions- look at the first birthday pictures, it's amazing. She also has the Spanish Royal blue eyes. Her eyes also slant slightly out and down, as do her fathers' (just look at the red birthday picture, and look at their eyes- you can see it best there, although you can see it in most of the other photos as well. She also seems to have Felipe's hairline (hehe).
Infanta Leonor's First Birthday: October 31, 2006

Princess Amalia is the runner-up, channeling both her father and grandmother, especially in the shapes of her face.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Moderator Emeritus

For the current generation of royals (the generation of the crown princes), I'd have to say Crown Prince Haakon looks so much like King Frederik VIII of Denmark that it is scary. As for a person looking like their parent, the prize would have to go to Prince Joachim of Denmark, who looks like a male copy of his mother.
Second prize goes to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, who looks an awful lot like his mother.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
It may be the same mannerism and gestures, but when it comes to genetics (eyes, ears, mouth, lips, chin etc.) these people could come from totally different families. (In my opinion).

Avalon, how do you see the resemblance?
I can't explain it, but I sure see a resemblance too.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Princess Elizabeth of Belgium and her father, Prince Phillippe.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I think it is cute to see how many Royal Children look like their grandparents.
Amalia reminds me alot of Queen Beatrix (especially on the new birthdaypictures). Her face looks like Máxima's, but the way she presents herself reminds me so much of the Queen.
The same goes for Leonor!
Leonor looks like a mini-version of Queen Sofia. They have the same face and expressions!
Prince Christian looks like his grandfather Prince Henrik. They both have this cubby and round face.
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway looks like her grandmother,too. Her dark eyes are very similar to Sonja's eyes, and if you compare babypictures of the Queen with pictures of Ingrid you see the resemblance very clearly!

Old 12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Prince Felipe is exactly to his mother Queen Sofia , and Leonor looks like her Father Prince Felipe , so, for that reason she also looks like her grandma.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I think it is cute to see how many Royal Children look like their grandparents.
Amalia reminds me alot of Queen Beatrix (especially on the new birthdaypictures). Her face looks like Máxima's, but the way she presents herself reminds me so much of the Queen.
The same goes for Leonor!
Leonor looks like a mini-version of Queen Sofia. They have the same face and expressions!
Prince Christian looks like his grandfather Prince Henrik. They both have this cubby and round face.
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway looks like her grandmother,too. Her dark eyes are very similar to Sonja's eyes, and if you compare babypictures of the Queen with pictures of Ingrid you see the resemblance very clearly!
I think Amalia is copy of her mother
she is crazy, cute and lovely. Also, she has Maxima's eyes.
Alexia looks much more like Beatrix I think
Old 12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I just realized last night: Crown Prince Phillipe looks exactly like his dad!!! From the hair line, to the nose, to the expression and stance- they're the absolute same!
Here's a picture for proof: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1098125781

Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

mims111, of course you are right! Amalia looks so much like Máxima..
I think it is just cute that they are standing in the same way and also have the same hairdo . Look at this:
Amalia and Beatrix

Old 12-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Ok,my friend, but Maxima wins again
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1059288410
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...=4156348&pos=4
Old 12-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Ingrid Alexandra/Haakon/Sona

Martha-Louise/Sonja/Maud Anjelica

Beatrice/Andrew/The Queen/Queen Mum

Eugenie/Andrew

William/Peter Philips

Princeess Anne/Zara/Queen Mary

Charolette/Caroline/Stephano

Camille/Stephanie/Grace

Elisabeth/Phillippe

Victoria/Silvia
Old 12-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I think..

Prince William & Princess Diana
Andrea Casiraghi & Stefano Casiraghi
Prince Felipe & Queen Sofia
Princess Martha Louise & Queen Sonja
Old 12-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Christian looks like Prince Frederik
Princess Elizabeth of Belgium and Prince Phillippe
Old 12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Märtha Louise in 1973
Picture (ANB)
I think she always looked alot like her mother.. in this picture she looks like a perfect mixture of her parents (maybe she looked a bit more like Harald?).

Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Courtier

They are like Twins, what a resemblance between them! so cute
http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/bf/72/54_1.JPG Prince Felipe
ImageShack - Hosting :: 12zw6.jpg Infanta Leonor
Old 03-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Amalia has Beatrix's eyes. Martha-Louise in that picture looks a lot like her grandfather, King Olav.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Infanta Cristina looks a lot like her mother and has a resemblance to her Uncle Constantine