Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Harry is in the news saying he looks like Prince Phillip

All over the news today the news papers are saying Prince Harry looks just like Prince Phillip. I am so grateful that Harry is being positively recognized as I am on his and Meghan's side. And as for William looking like Prince Phillip what a bunch of blank. He looks like a boy Diana. Which is nothing wrong with that to look like ones mother. But to say he looks like Prince Phillip is ridiculous. Anyhoo, I agree with the news papers that Harry looks a great deal like Prince Phillips and looks more like Charles than William.

When Harry had his full beard and Philip had his full beard, I also thought there is some kind of a resemblence, and sometimes, yes, still now I think there is one. But in general, I would not say they look too much alike.

To me it’s the way the eyes and upper part of the nose are set in the face are the features that Philip, Charles, William and Harry share. I also see it in Peter Philips face.

In William’s face I also see the pronounced lower part of the face that I see in the Queen, Anne, Edward and Charlotte. I think that comes from Queen Mary.

I also see a bit of Diana in William’s eyes and mounth even more when he was younger. I think it’s maybe more of the faces she made that I see in both her sons.

It’s interesting to see how facial features go down the family line and mix in new members.

Last edited:
When Harry had his full beard and Philip had his full beard, I also thought there is some kind of a resemblence, and sometimes, yes, still now I think there is one. But in general, I would not say they look too much alike.

Not at all alike... I'd say. Wiliam did look like Diaan and a bit like Frances Shand kydd but in recent years he looks more like the Windsors.

William has the same shaped face as his Uncle Charles Spencer and his late grandfather John Spencer. He also in expressions and in profile looks a lot like Prince CHarles. ANd he does resemble his Uncle Edward.

You can't see the specific picture here, but you can see and hear William not being able to distinguish himself and his daughter. ?

Thanks for the video. Maybe they look alike, but when they were both babies. However, I still think Charlotte is the most different of them all (she does not look like anyone, she has her "own" features/yet I think her hair color and eye color resembles Catherine).

To me Louis and George are totally Middleton. George is a mix of Catherine and his grandfather Michael (the whole semblance is Michael but his smile is so Catherine). And Louis looks a lot like Catherine.

To me, Charlotte is a carbon copy of her father. Louis a carbon copy of his mum. And George is a good mix. Leaning a bit more towards the Middleton side maybe but I see a lot of William's side as well.

William and Harry

I think William does have a jowly look like the Spencer family. And overall he just looks more like Diana. As for his children. George has a very defined nose. and I have already mentioned that Charlotte looks like Elizabeth which is masked by her straight hair. And the baby Louis to me looks like Catherine's father. And of course all the children have brown eyes. Although my guess is that I don't know the eye color of Catherine's parents. If they both have brown eyes it would be unlikely that Catherine has the blue eyed recessive gene. Although the children will be blue eyed recessive gene carriers because of William. Now, they all show the dominant brown eye gene. As William has blue eyes and Catherine has brown eyes.

And while on the topic of blue eyed recessive. Harry has blue eyes and Meghan has brown eyes. But her father has blue eyes so she also will carry the blue eye recessive gene. So Archie has brown eyes it appears but they could have children with either brown or blue eyes. I have a science background and brown/green eyes are a dominant gene BB or Bb and blue eyes are a recessive gene only can be bb. So 2 recessive traits. Since I am rattling on this tangent. Diana and Charles both have blue eyes which are both recessive blue eyed traits. I didn't mean to go on an eye color tangent.

Victoria and Carl-Philipp have brown eyes like their mother.
Madeleine has blue eyes like her father.

Brown and Blue

So Brown eyed dad and blue eyed mom have 2 brown eyed kids and one blue eyed. In this situation of Victoria and Carl-Philip, brown and Madeleine, blue. Brown eyed dad has a recessive blue eye gene carrier. He would be Bb and mom blue is bb. So the big B is dominant but he also has the recessive little bb. So moms little b and his little b made a blue. Brown eyes are dominant but some people also carry the recessive blue eyed gene. I guess it is hard for me to explain if you are not familiar with this concept. I guess you can google. And brown/green/hazel eyes are B dominant. Blue b recessive.

Last edited:
So Brown eyed dad and blue eyed mom have 2 brown eyed kids and one blue eyed. In this situation of Victoria and Carl-Philip, brown and Madeleine, blue. Brown eyed dad has a recessive blue eye gene carrier. He would be Bb and mom blue is bb. So the big B is dominant but he also has the recessive little bb. So moms little b and his little b made a blue. Brown eyes are dominant but some people also carry the recessive blue eyed gene. I guess it is hard for me to explain if you are not familiar with this concept. I guess you can google. And brown/green/hazel eyes are B dominant. Blue b recessive.

Another way round - blue eyed dad and brown eyed mum.

Same for Felipe (blue eyes) and Letizia (hazel). Leonor has blue, so Letizia must have a recessive gene. Infanta Sofia has a very light brown.

George will likely be the first British monarch in who knows how long with brown eyes, so in that sense he doesn't resemble anybody at all. I wonder if the same is true for Victoria?

William has the same shaped face as his Uncle Charles Spencer and his late grandfather John Spencer. He also in expressions and in profile looks a lot like Prince CHarles. ANd he does resemble his Uncle Edward.

I think William and Peter Philips look very much alike, especially in some older photographs. He does, on occasion, look like Edward and even Charles. And of course there's some of the Spencer look about him, too. William seems to be one of those people whose resemblance to others depends on the photograph and the angle.

In William’s face I also see the pronounced lower part of the face that I see in the Queen, Anne, Edward and Charlotte. I think that comes from Queen Mary.

I'm always struck by how much Anne resembles her aunt Mary, the former Princess Royal. There's certainly some strong genes there between Queen Mary, the Countess of Harewood, HM, Princess Anne, and Zara.

2 browns can have a blue

Not to go eye color traits crazy and belabor the point. 2 brown eyed parents who have the little b recessive blue eye gene and have a blue eyed child. so 2 browns Bb+Bb=bb could make a blue. and George will have blue eyed little b recessive gene he is a Bb. And if he married a bb or a Bb they could have blue eyes as he is a blue eyed recessive carrier. I love Catherine's face especially around her eyes she is a very exceptionally pretty women. When William married her I was so relieved as she seems a fairly normal and hardworking person. Does anyone know the color of Catherine's parents or grand parents than it would be possible for a blue eyed child if they have another one. There has to be one blue eyed ancestor around. Although the strongest traits would be through her parents. So far they all William and Catherine's children have brown/green/hazel eyes it appears. Certainly George, Charlotte and Louis will all carry the recessive b.

Interesting to think George will be the first brown eyed King.

Last edited:
Not to go eye color traits crazy and belabor the point. 2 brown eyed parents who have the little b recessive blue eye gene and have a blue eyed child. so 2 browns Bb+Bb=bb could make a blue. and George will have blue eyed little b recessive gene he is a Bb. And if he married a bb or a Bb they could have blue eyes as he is a blue eyed recessive carrier. I love Catherine's face especially around her eyes she is a very exceptionally pretty women. When William married her I was so relieved as she seems a fairly normal and hardworking person. Does anyone know the color of Catherine's parents or grand parents than it would be possible for a blue eyed child if they have another one. There has to be one blue eyed ancestor around. Although the strongest traits would be through her parents. So far they all William and Catherine's children have brown/green/hazel eyes it appears. Certainly George, Charlotte and Louis will all carry the recessive b.

Close up of Michael Middleton (seems to have brown/hazel eyes)

Close-up of Carole Middleton (eyes seem to be blue-ish)

Louis looks so much like Catherine's dad

Somebody thanx for the nice photos. I couldn't really tell mom's eye color from that phone. And keep in mind green/brown/hazel are all considered brown eyes. Anyhoo, what I got from that is that Catherine likely somewhere in her ancestry has blue eyes but her parents maybe not. So the chance of either of them having a blue eyed child is not likely. And god does Louis look like grandpa Middleton. I secretly hope that Catherine and William have one more child. They really are a lovely family.

Somebody thanx for the nice photos. I couldn't really tell mom's eye color from that phone. And keep in mind green/brown/hazel are all considered brown eyes. Anyhoo, what I got from that is that Catherine likely somewhere in her ancestry has blue eyes but her parents maybe not. So the chance of either of them having a blue eyed child is not likely. And god does Louis look like grandpa Middleton. I secretly hope that Catherine and William have one more child. They really are a lovely family.

Does this one help?

And another one: same event: different angle.

Eye color

Somebody that is really nice to put the photos up. And I have gone down the true rabbit hole to be closely examining photos of Carol Middleton's eyes. May the lord have mercy on my soul. Although both those photos are great I still can't really tell if they could be a variation of the green/hazel/brown group or blue. So now that I have closely examined Carol Middleton's eyeballs I think I should have my head examined. Anyway, if you come up with an eye color let me know. I am one level above being ashamed for looking closely at the eyeballs of Carol Middleton. Please be kind to moi. Thanx for the photos though.

Would you know in the Windsor family tree where Green eyes come from? We noticed on this forum that Edward's left eye is green and blue while right is blue? Is that an eye concern or genetics?

This was brought up awhile ago, but Edward looks a lot like George VI

I thought the same a while ago and when I saw him speaking some days ago, I thought it again.

Yup. Charles has the same look also, but he doesn’t really look like his grandfather; I can’t figure out who he looks like

green eyes

As far as I learned in Biology 101, 30 years ago green/brown/hazel are all dominant big B. And blue is recessive little b. All I can think in my very limited knowledge is that the green it is an unusual shade of blue. (as it is green is usually considered a brown eye trait) For instance i have grey eyes but for records my eyes are considered blue. My mother had very startling blue eyes and my father more grey like mine. So I don't know about how all that happens. My middle sibling and I have the grey eyes and my youngest sibling has the bright blue eyes of our mother. Since both Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip have blue eyes my unprofessional limited guess is that Edward has a weird shade of blue as both his parents are blue eye recessives. There is no dominant B for green eyes in Edward as both his parents are little b blue eyed recessive and likely he is as well. I feel like I am becoming an eyeballologist.

And Charlotte looks like a Middleton like her brothers do. She looks like Grandmother Carole around the eyes. I think Louis looks a lot like James Middleton (as a baby and child), his Uncle. I googled it and the resemblance is amazing.

Would you know in the Windsor family tree where Green eyes come from? We noticed on this forum that Edward's left eye is green and blue while right is blue? Is that an eye concern or genetics?

If Edward really does have heterochromia, that's interesting, but it's not (usually) a medical issue or even super rare — several celebrities have it.

No one looks like George VI, though. It's why they can never find an actor who looks remotely like him. Bertie's face always defines "finely drawn", to me. You can tell Ed's a Windsor, but his grandfather isn't the first person who comes to mind when I see him. (He has enjoyed far better health, though.)

Last edited:
As far as I learned in Biology 101, 30 years ago green/brown/hazel are all dominant big B. And blue is recessive little b. All I can think in my very limited knowledge is that the green it is an unusual shade of blue. (as it is green is usually considered a brown eye trait) For instance i have grey eyes but for records my eyes are considered blue. My mother had very startling blue eyes and my father more grey like mine. So I don't know about how all that happens. My middle sibling and I have the grey eyes and my youngest sibling has the bright blue eyes of our mother. Since both Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip have blue eyes my unprofessional limited guess is that Edward has a weird shade of blue as both his parents are blue eye recessives. There is no dominant B for green eyes in Edward as both his parents are little b blue eyed recessive and likely he is as well. I feel like I am becoming an eyeballologist.

There are a lot of genetic factors that make up eye color: https://www.nature.com/articles/jhg...are about 16,oculocutaneous albinism II (OCA2)).

Just thought I would inform your eyeballology. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom