Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this picture of Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, Queen Mary's daughter:
Image Upper.com - View Photo

She looks exactly like Lady Louise, I've never noticed this before. :)

Last edited:
I know this thread is family resemblances but I just spotted a picture of Lady Malcolm Douglas Scott (sadly just died) probably in the 1940's and IMO she looks very like CP Mary. She was an American.

Lady Malcolm Douglas-Hamilton | The Times

Apologies if its the wrong thread sorry.

Oh yes - when I saw the photo at the page you linked to, I almost felt a chill ;-)

However a other photos of Lady Malcolm, the resemblence isn't there

http://www.bletherskite.net/2013/01/31/lady-malcolm-douglas-hamilton-1909-2013/

Anne is stunningly pretty in that interview; her long hair makes her look younger than 35, and she smiles and bares her teeth every few seconds. (Lovely smile too!) I also love her outfit!

I think Zara looks very similar to her mother. Or at least I am seeing bits of her face when I see Anne talking.

Oh yes - when I saw the photo at the page you linked to, I almost felt a chill ;-)

However a other photos of Lady Malcolm, the resemblence isn't there

Lady Malcolm Douglas-Hamilton, 1909-2013 :

In that picture she reminds me of actress Celia Imrie, who i don't think is related at all :lol:
In reference to Lady Louise: indeed the 'Queen Mary' gene is very present with her... (i would love if she had inherited the jewel-creativity too :) )

The two girls could be twins. Thank you for sharing.

They could be twins, I had never noticed their similarity before. Perhaps that's where Louise gets her ringlets from! Their similarity is there, even down to the fluffy/curly fringe!

I think Victoria mostly looks like her mother, but I think she also resembles her father in this photo!

Okay, I must say that is an adorable photo of King Carl Gustav!!!! I have never seen childhood pics of him, and yes, Victoria bears a striking resemblance. Thanks for the great find!!! :flowers::flowers:

CP Victoria has the shape of her father's face but she looks like her mother a lot. As for Madeleine, it's completely the opposite.

For the Jordanian royals, Hamzah is the clone of King Hussein while Hashem and Iman look like Queen Noor more.

I notice as Prince Charles get older he look more and more like his Grandfather King George VI.

Some resemblances:

King George V resembled his mother, Queen Alexandra a lot in my opinion. Especially if you look at him without facial hair.

Elizabeth II is a mix of both parents, though aside from her face shape I think she resembles her father's side of the family more than her mother's. Princess Margaret was the female version of George VI though.

The other day I was watching a repeat of the program 'The Queen's Mother in Law' on Channel 4. At the end, they showed you some footage of Prince Philip visiting his mother's grave in Greece, and I thought that when he bent down, he looked exactly like Prince Charles (my mother walked in at that time and she thought he was Charles, and I said ‘no, it’s Philip! :D I also see a lot of HM in Prince Edward. Sometimes, I wonder who Baby Cambridge will resemble, Catherine or William?

In the Swedish Royal Family, I think that Crown Princess Victoria looks a lot like her mother Queen Silvia, whilst Princess Estelle is a mixture of both her parents; but in her first birthday photos, I saw a lot of Victoria in her but in some other photos of her (like her christening photos) she looks like Daniel. Regarding the Spanish Royal Family, I agree with the posters who said that Infanta Sofia looks like King Juan Carlos when he was a child, and I also see a lot of Princess Letizia in Infanta Leonor. I've said before on another thread that Irene Urdangarin looks a lot like Infanta Christina when she was Irene’s age, and I still agree. IMO, it’s amazing how much King Harald of Norway resembles his father, King Olav. Also, George V and his cousin the Tsar looked like they could be identical twins.

Look at the bridge of the nose of Prince Philip, PRince Charles and Prince Harry. Identical looks like ) ( - quite narrow and then the nose spreads out.

The most surprising likeness is the nose profile of Harry and The Duke of Windsor, really noticably when you see the photo of the Abdication Speech.

And Eustacie looks like a young Queen Mother.

Look at the bridge of the nose of Prince Philip, PRince Charles and Prince Harry. Identical looks like ) ( - quite narrow and then the nose spreads out.

The most surprising likeness is the nose profile of Harry and The Duke of Windsor, really noticably when you see the photo of the Abdication Speech.

And Eustacie looks like a young Queen Mother.

I noticed that a couple years ago, the likeness between Harry and Windsor...it caught me by surprise (someone posted pics on another forum)...they could of been brothers.

Both the Wales boys have some of the same mannerisims of Prince Charles but William really reminds me of his mother at times when he moves or holds his head a certain way.

LaRae

The other day I was watching a repeat of the program 'The Queen's Mother in Law' on Channel 4. At the end, they showed you some footage of Prince Philip visiting his mother's grave in Greece, and I thought that when he bent down, he looked exactly like Prince Charles (my mother walked in at that time and she thought he was Charles, and I said ‘no, it’s Philip! :D I also see a lot of HM in Prince Edward. Sometimes, I wonder who Baby Cambridge will resemble, Catherine or William?

The Queen is Edward in drag basically. Edward looks so much like his grandfather George VI, right down to the ears.

I hope baby Cambridge has blonde hair like William. Most of the Windors had/have blonde hair (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Beatrice did as a toddler, Louise and Savannah in the immediate family) so perhaps the child will as a toddler, unless they inherit Catherine's brunette genes.

The Queen is Edward in drag basically. Edward looks so much like his grandfather George VI, right down to the ears.

I hope baby Cambridge has blonde hair like William. Most of the Windors had/have blonde hair (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Beatrice did as a toddler, Louise and Savannah in the immediate family) so perhaps the child will as a toddler, unless they inherit Catherine's brunette genes.

in the pix of Catherine in Amman I think she had blonde/mousy hair.

FYI, Philips mother is buried in Israel not Greece.

I noticed that a couple years ago, the likeness between Harry and Windsor...it caught me by surprise (someone posted pics on another forum)...they could of been brothers.

Both the Wales boys have some of the same mannerisims of Prince Charles but William really reminds me of his mother at times when he moves or holds his head a certain way.

LaRae

Harry has started to look more and more like his father as he's grown older. I think he looks the most like Charles of the two. William is basically the male version of his mother.

Speaking of Diana, look at the 8th Earl Spencer and the current Earl.

http://image2.findagrave.com/photos250/photos/2006/258/3210_115845445333.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C_NLidJmZGE/TWHChRaQWCI/AAAAAAAAACE/7SQ00e29tb0/s1600/image2587193g.jpg

Charles Spencer is literally a copy of his father.

I often see the DoE in Harry.

Harry has started to look more and more like his father as he's grown older. I think he looks the most like Charles of the two. William is basically the male version of his mother.

Speaking of Diana, look at the 8th Earl Spencer and the current Earl.

http://image2.findagrave.com/photos250/photos/2006/258/3210_115845445333.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C_NLidJmZGE/TWHChRaQWCI/AAAAAAAAACE/7SQ00e29tb0/s1600/image2587193g.jpg

Charles Spencer is literally a copy of his father.

Yes except for the eyes...Diana and Charles have different eyes from their father. William has them to some degree.

I do agree that Harry is looking more like Charles as he's maturing.

LaRae

I do agree that Harry is looking more like Charles as he's maturing.

I've always thought Harry looks like Charles; it's in the eyebrows and the twist of the grin.

Eugenie looks like the Queen Mum especially when she was a child.

Beatrice harks back to Q Victoria.

At first glance William looks like the SPencers, however there are distinct similarities between him and Peter Phillips, and also Prince Edward.

Louise looks like the Queen as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom