Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Christian Waldemar is very similar to his father when he was his age...Just see those cheeks and those eyes! Lovely!

Vanesa.

Mette2 said:
I think Crown Prince Philippe looks a lot like his father when King Albert was younger. In some pictures I've seen of a younger Albert I almost think it's Philippe in the pictures.
I also think Prince Laurent looks a lot like Albert.

also i think amedeo of belgium looks like leo III.

The pictures I have seen of Lady Louise Windsor look very much like her grandmother the Queen did at her age. Zara Phillips and Princess Anne also look much like Her Majesty.

Prince Charles looks to me like his grandfather, King George VI, and his great-uncle, the Duke of Windsor.

wow, that pic of QSOfia reminds me of Leonor, amazing, she's a mix of her mom,her dad & her grandma:rolleyes:

acdc1 said:
Another family resemblance I noticed is Prince Christian and Prince Felix of Denmark. I don't think they looked much alike as babies, but now that Christian is getting older and looking less like a baby and more like a little boy, they look a lot alike, with their blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I can't tell which older relative they have in common, however.

I haven't payed much attention to Felix but I think Christian very like is Grandmother, Queen Margarethe.

Georg Friedrich von Preussen & Kaiser Wilhelm -- eerie:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00166464.jpg

He has the same profile of Frederick the Great in the Vanity Fair Issue!

Here is a picture of him and his mother (and Prinz Johann v. Hohenzollern):

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00147299.jpg

Lastly, a picture of his father prior to his death:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00048270.jpg

You can see he gets his redness from mom, but I think his face is not very Castell-Rudenhauesen - it's all von Preussen!!!

I've already noticed it. Prince Frederick and his daughter are very close in physical features...But we must wait just to see how the girl will grow like, since after some month of his birth, Prince Frederick got chubby and more close to his son, Prince Christian Waldemar...

Vanesa.

You are right, the resemblance is uncanny between Lillepige and Frederik as a baby.
That's what I thought when I was flipping through New Idea [Australian magazine] :rolleyes:. She definitly has Freddy's nose.

Felipe has this thing, where sometimes he looks so much like his father, and at other times so much like his mother. I think he's a good mix of the two.

Leonor is also a good mix of her mother and father's family. She looks like Letizia, but then again sometimes she looks so much like her Grandmother Sofia when she was a child, and then others she looks so Borbon it's not even funny. I think, of all her cousins, she and Pablo look the most similar, as I think Pablo has a lot of Borbon in him as well.

I think pretty much the same as you, acdc1. ;)

I am forever changing my mind about who looks like who in the Spanish RF!
I always thought Prince Felipe looked like his mother, but as he has gotten older I see him more like The King.
Elena inherited the Borbon features, so I'd say she is more like her father.
I think Cristina is a mix of both of her parents. In some photos she looks just like Queen Sofia and in others she is like King JC.

The same with Leonor, in the most recent photos I've thought that she resembles Letizia, whereas I could never see that before. But she is still like Queen Sofia as a child. Pablo is like The King as a boy.

I don't know if anyone posted that photo here before, comparing Leonor and Queen Sofia (as a girl)? They have the same lips and cheeks. Perhaps someone could find it and put it here?

Thanks.

Edit: This isn't exactly the one I was looking for, but you can see what I mean about the down-turned mouth and cheeks:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22383&d=1066511889

Last edited:
Moulay Rachid of Morocco is the conform copy as his mother Lalla latifa : same eyes, the same mouth, same important cheeks and small size
Lalla meryem quite looks a like her in the form of the hair and her (small) size to, but the other children look a like their Father the late king Hassan II

little Moulay al hassan (King Mohammed VI and Lalla Salma)
is a mixt of both, his father's skin and the fine features of his mother (mouth, noise and a little her frot too)

I think pretty much the same as you, acdc1. ;)

I am forever changing my mind about who looks like who in the Spanish RF!
I always thought Prince Felipe looked like his mother, but as he has gotten older I see him more like The King.
Elena inherited the Borbon features, so I'd say she is more like her father.
I think Cristina is a mix of both of her parents. In some photos she looks just like Queen Sofia and in others she is like King JC.

The same with Leonor, in the most recent photos I've thought that she resembles Letizia, whereas I could never see that before. But she is still like Queen Sofia as a child. Pablo is like The King as a boy.

I don't know if anyone posted that photo here before, comparing Leonor and Queen Sofia (as a girl)? They have the same lips and cheeks. Perhaps someone could find it and put it here?

Thanks.

Edit: This isn't exactly the one I was looking for, but you can see what I mean about the down-turned mouth and cheeks:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22383&d=1066511889

Yes, Leonor I think looks much like her grandmother Sofia. I think Elena looks like the Borbon side mostly, and I honestly can't tell who Cristina looks the most like, she seems like Felipe, a little bit of both parents in her. Froilan looks very much like his mother to me. Juan reminds me of his father, Pablo and Leonor look very similar, and I don't know who Miguel and Irene look like (most likely father's side) but they both look a lot alike. Irene and Leonor also share a similarity.

Moulay Rachid of Morocco is the conform copy as his mother Lalla latifa : same eyes, the same mouth, same important cheeks and small size
Lalla meryem quite looks a like her in the form of the hair and her (small) size to, but the other children look a like their Father the late king Hassan II

little Moulay al hassan (King Mohammed VI and Lalla Salma)
is a mixt of both, his father's skin and the fine features of his mother (mouth, noise and a little her frot too)

did you see lalla latifa, is she a pretty lady?

I don't know why but when I watch on Infanta Sofia's last photos of from Marivent I thought that she looks like Maxima's girls when they were on Sofia's age.

I agree. Babies that are near to cry are just adorable..And if they are cheeky, their faces are to kiss over and over! :wub:

Vanesa.

Princess Beatrice---her mother
Princes Eugenie--the Queen Mum
Infanta Leonor--Queen Sofia
Prince Phillippe, Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent--all look like King Albert. Pictures of them as children--shocking how much they look like the King. As Princess Astrid gets older, she bears a resemblence to Queen Paola but I don't see it as much as everyone else does. Prince Laurent has her majesty's darker coloring
Princess Elisabeth--the image of her father and grandfather
Prince Amedeo and Princess Laetitia Maria look like Queen Paola

Countess Elois looks like an image of Princess Laurentien

HRH Infanta Dona Elena-HM the Queen Dona Sofia
HM Queen Elizabeth II-HM Queen Mary
HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent, Lady Ogilvy-HRH Princess Marina
HRH Prince Michael of Kent-King George V and Tsar Nicholas II
HM Tsar Simeon II-HM Tsar Ferdinand I
Lady Louise Windsor of Wessex-when her grandmother HM the Queen was a little girl.
HRH Princess Martha-Louise-HM Queen Sonja

I forgot about these ones...
HRH The Infanta Dona Pilar-HM the late Queen Dona Victoria Eugenia
HRH the Infanta Dona Margarita-HRH the late Maira de las Mercedes de Borbon the Countess of Barcelona.
HRH the Late Infanta Dona Maria Cristina-HM the late Queen Dona Victoria Eugenia.
HR&SH The Crown Princess Caroline of Hanover and Monaco-HSH the late Sovereign Princess Charlotte of Monaco
Charlotte Casaraghi-her mum.

Amelia and Sofia do actually look alike! Which is quite interesting as everybody says Sofia looks a lot like her mother's family, rather than the Greek side of the family!

I always thought that Infanta Sofia looked like Letizia's side of the family, but she really looks just like Infanta Cristina and her cousin, Miguel Urdangarin.

Here's another one of ML and Sonja

*Märtha Louise* *Sonja*

(Scanpix, ZDF)

The same smile, same eyes and face structure.
I wonder how the kids will look like when they are older.

I guess Ingrid Alexandra will resemble her grandmother aswell.

*Ingrid Alexandra* *Sonja*
(Kongehuset, ZDF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom