Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Phillippe, Laurent and Astrid all look like King Albert. Occasionally I see bits of the Queen in Astrid, but strong resemblances all around to the King. Princess Elisabeth looks like Philippe, Gabriel and Eleanore look like Mathilide and Emmanuel looks like Prince Laurent when he was younger. I think Prince Amedeo looks like his grandmother, Queen Paola

I think Lady Louise is the spitting image of QEII

Yes, Lady Louise looks like her grandmother, but she's blonde so far, and the Queen is brunette. I wonder if Louise's hair will darken. She is amazingly attractive either way.

Yes, Lady Louise looks like her grandmother, but she's blonde so far, and the Queen is brunette. I wonder if Louise's hair will darken. She is amazingly attractive either way.
That's quite possible - The Queen was blonde as a child as well.

Lady Louise's blonde hair is inherited from her father I imagine, as Edward was very blonde as a young boy. Sophie's natural hair colour appears to be light brown as the pictures of her as a child show her hair quite dark. She obviously dyes her hair blonde and after having seen her blonde for the entire time she has been with Edward, I am not sure I could imagine her with brown hair now. I think Louise's hair will be similar to Zara's - blonde as she ages and Louise will continue to dye it blonde. Zara was blonde until she was in her early teens and since then she has dyed it.

Lady Louise is the image of her father and Granny. It's so lovely to see. It's even lovelier when you think that Edward resembles his grandfather, George VI who was Elizabeth's father. There are some images of Bertie and Lilibet which look a lot like Edward and Louise.

Estelle is so adorable, and I cannot see who she resembles most yet. I imagine as she ages we will see who she favours genetically.

For the SRF, I think Infanta Leonor's face is interesting, I couldn't decide who does she look like--her father or mother? My conclusion is that she is the mix of both Felipe and Letizia. As for Sofia, she looks like neither of her parents.

The most uncanny resemblance is perhaps the Thurn und Taxis family, Gloria and her kids are almost the same!

IMO, the Prince of Orange and Prince Friso look like they could be twins. Irene Urdugandarin looks like her mum when she was her age and Lady Louise looks a lot like granny!

Your forgetting the biggest one.'Queen E ii is QM. In the face, look, she is her caricature. ESpecially with that "we are not amused look" ! Then when u tack in the jewelry items just the nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
Just spotted this video (1 of 3) on the Royal Voices thread.

Princess Anne aged 35 - and the likeness, particularly the opening still, to Prince William is very strong. Took me by surprise :flowers:

Princess Anne with Terry Wogan (part two) - YouTube

It might be easier to go to the voices thread, lol

Here is an interesting comparison between Caroline and Stefano, and Pierre and Charlotte.

Your forgetting the biggest one.'Queen E ii is QM. In the face, look, she is her caricature. ESpecially with that "we are not amused look" ! Then when u tack in the jewelry items just the nail in the coffin.

I don't think the look exactly alike, but they have the same hair style. Lady Louise looks a lot like Queen Mary too.

Last edited:
Lady Louise is the image of her father and Granny. It's so lovely to see. It's even lovelier when you think that Edward resembles his grandfather, George VI who was Elizabeth's father. There are some images of Bertie and Lilibet which look a lot like Edward and Louise.

Estelle is so adorable, and I cannot see who she resembles most yet. I imagine as she ages we will see who she favours genetically.

Louise looks seriously like Edward. I personally don't see that much Sophie in her! I think she looks a bit like Anne as a child too.

As for Estelle, I see loads of Daniel in her! She is so cute!

cepe said:
Just spotted this video (1 of 3) on the Royal Voices thread.

Princess Anne aged 35 - and the likeness, particularly the opening still, to Prince William is very strong. Took me by surprise :flowers:

Princess Anne with Terry Wogan (part two) - YouTube

It might be easier to go to the voices thread, lol

Anne is stunningly pretty in that interview; her long hair makes her look younger than 35, and she smiles and bares her teeth every few seconds. (Lovely smile too!) I also love her outfit!

Last edited:
I know this thread is family resemblances but I just spotted a picture of Lady Malcolm Douglas Scott (sadly just died) probably in the 1940's and IMO she looks very like CP Mary. She was an American.

Lady Malcolm Douglas-Hamilton | The Times

Apologies if its the wrong thread sorry.

Louise looks seriously like Edward. I personally don't see that much Sophie in her! I think she looks a bit like Anne as a child too.

As for Estelle, I see loads of Daniel in her! She is so cute!

I agree, there is nothing physically of Sophie in Louise's appearance; she is all daddy. James is the same, he looks nothing like Sophie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom