Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are you kidding me! prince edward is the male version of queen elizabeth! and prince christian is exactly like mary, just with blue eyes and blonde hair

For the Grimaldis:
Caroline looks kinda like her grandmother Princess Charlotte.
Albert is a total Kelly
Stephanie reminds me a little bit to her father

Andrea was in his golden years (90's something - 2003) a male version of Grace
Charlotte is a clon of her mother at her age
Pierre resembles a lot to his father Stefano.
Alexandra is a mini-Ernst. Although i can find some Caroline in her sometimes.

Louis is the spitting image of his father. Especially in his latest pics. Amazing.
Pauline sort of looks like Caroline. I don't know, but she's really pretty.
Camille is a mini-Kelly. She almost looks exactly like Grace's sister Lizzanne.

Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria and her daughter Marie Christine de Limburg Stirum;
Grand-Duke Henri of Luxemburg and King Albert I of the Belgians;

Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria and Grand-Duke Henri of Luxemburg and their mother Grand-Duchess Josephine-Charlotte.
Who was the granddaughter of King Albert I of the Belgians [and the sister of King Albert II], so there is definitely family resemblance.

But I think there is even more family resemblance between Grand-Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, and her mother Queen Astrid of the Belgians.
And therefore between Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria and Grand-Duke Henri of Luxemburg and their grandmother Queen Astrid of the Belgians

Grimaldis:

Caroline: her grandmother Charlotte, a little Grace(especially when she was a
child and in her 50's)
Albert: looks like her mother, maybe his uncle Kelly (he was bald,too)
Stephanie : a little Rainier, a little Grace

Andrea: Grace and Stefano
Charlotte : young clon of Caroline, a little Stefano.
Pierre : mostly Stefano, a little Stephanie
Alexandra: mostly Ernst, a little Caroline

Louis : combination her father Daniel and uncle Albert
Pauline : a little Caroline, a little Daniel
Camille : looks like Stephanie a lot. she is also looks like Grace more than her siblings and cousins.

I also think Christian, Frederik and Margrethe of Denmark looks alike.(noise etc..)
Prince Harry resembles Princess Diana (especially when smiles)

In the pictures at [I tihink] Windsor Horse Show, Prince Edward's son looked very, very much like Prince Charles as a baby. Princess Anne looks like the late Princess Royal and Charles, as he ages, looks more like his mother. William, although obviously taking after his mother very much, from one profile {right] looks like Prince Phillip and in today's pictures of Remembrance Day, his left profile reminded me of a young Prince Andrew, which really surprised me! Freddie Windsor looks like Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence.

About the SRF: I noticed that Felipe and Elena look like their mother, Q.Sofia, while their sister, Christina, looks more like their father.

Did I misunderstand my university genetics professor, about children looking like parents, or is it only royal sprogs? I am reminded of the handsome British duke who's mother had a liaison with an Italian opera singer. Polite society prefered to ignore the resemblance, apart from one elderly duchess dowager who consistently did the actions of a street organ grinder when the arrogant young fellow entred any social event she was present at. The lady in my Post Office bears a remarkable resemblance to Princess Caroline of Hanover, but would be much insulted if anyone dared to observe and remark. It is a wise child that knows its father. And as everyone knows all newborn babies look like Sir Winston Churchill.

I agree, Princess Caroline looks quite a lot like Princess Charlotte. If you said Stephanie's daughter Pauline was actually Caroline's, I'd believe it. Pauline and Alexandra are very similar.

What did everyone think of the Daily Mail's "Throne Clones"?

princess beatrice looks like sarah fergusson
Prince william - a combination of Princess diana and Prnce Philip
Princess Anne like the Queen
The queen like the queen mother
the prince of Asturias like his mum
prince edward like prince philip
prince harry like Jane Fellowes - Diana's sister
prince albert like his mum grace kelly

I've not heard of that before, i.e. William looking like Prince Philip. I think Wills looks like a combination of both Charles and Diana but with a stronger genetic tendency towards his father’s side of the family (note William’s mouth - it's got that "horsey" Windsor look to it).

I think, Ingrid Alexandra is a nice mixture of both her parents, but the resemblance to her mother at the moment is the strongest, IMO. :flowers:

Ingrid Alexandra is such a stunning young child. :)

I've seen others write over the years that IA looks a lot like MM, but I personally have never seen it. To me she mostly looks like Sonja in her eyes and smile. However, I think she looks more like her great-grandmother, Dagny Haraldsen (Sonja's mom), than anyone else. I haven't seen a picture of Dagny at Ingrid's age, but there is one of her in her early thirties in Norge Kronprinsessen. I'm having trouble uploading the file, but the eyes and facial structure are almost identical.

I just found a new picture of Queen Sonja as a young woman where she looks exactly like her daughter Märtha Louise.
Märtha looks like a copy of her mother in these pictures:
Sonja Haraldsen - Märtha Louise(Scanpix)

I just found a new picture of Queen Sonja as a young woman where she looks exactly like her daughter Märtha Louise.
Märtha looks like a copy of her mother in these pictures:
Sonja Haraldsen - Märtha Louise(Scanpix)

They can't deny that they are mother and daughter. Now we have the impression, how Märtha Louise can look like when she is in her seventies.

Hola.com has an article about family resemblance in royal families:

Google Übersetzer

I agree with Crown Prince Frederik/Princess Isabella and Crown Prince Haakon/Princess Ingrid Alexandra.

I actually think Infanta Leonor looks like Queen Sofia, it was more pronounced when she was younger and had curly hair.
Also, Prince Sverre Magnus looks like his brother Marius and their mother.
I think Crown Princess Victoria is a mix of both parents, she has a similar colouring to her mother but you can see some facial features of her father.
Prince Joachim of Belgium looked like his mother as a child, as well as Princess Maria-Laura. Prince Amedeo looks like Prince Lorenz.
Prince Hashem looks like King Abdullah.

I'm sure there are many more.

Princess Alexandra looks just like her mother Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

Viscount Linley is the spitting image of his father, Lord Snowdon

Prince William has a lot of his mother's traits.

Princess Beatrice very closely resembles her mother.

Charlotte looks like her aunt Stephanie in this photo. http://img843.imageshack.us/i/commeunairdefamille.jpg/
commeunairdefamille.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom