The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

William and Peter are very similar, it surprised me when I saw a pic recently. I hadn't realized it.

LaRae

Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Interesting photo. A rare photo of Queen Victoria in her later Years (A Few Years before her death). It if you study this picture for a couple seconds from a distance you will see a slight resemblance to Queen Elizabeth (Old age not Young Elizabeth). Queen Elizabeth does resemble her Mother and Grandmother (Mary of Teck) but I never really notice this one until I came across this picture.

Princess Ann looks a lot like Princess Margaret, In facet I have gotten them mix up a couple times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoira.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	288174  

Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Look at the bridge of the nose of Prince Philip, PRince Charles and Prince Harry. Identical looks like ) ( - quite narrow and then the nose spreads out.

The most surprising likeness is the nose profile of Harry and The Duke of Windsor, really noticably when you see the photo of the Abdication Speech.

And Eustacie looks like a young Queen Mother.
I agree .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Queen is Edward in drag basically. Edward looks so much like his grandfather George VI, right down to the ears.

I hope baby Cambridge has blonde hair like William. Most of the Windors had/have blonde hair (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Beatrice did as a toddler, Louise and Savannah in the immediate family) so perhaps the child will as a toddler, unless they inherit Catherine's brunette genes.
That sentence had me laughing . I also hope Baby Cambridge has blonde hair, and I think that it might do, as a lot of the women/girls in the Windsor family have/had blonde hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
FYI, Philips mother is buried in Israel not Greece.
Thanks for correcting me, I always thought she was buried in Greece.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Rafael of Orleans-Braganza has a great similarity with his great-great-great-grandfather, Emperor Pedro II of Brazil.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Gentry

Prince Edward and Lady Louise

I came across this photograph from the National Portrait Gallery, and little Edward looks so much like Lady Louise!

National Portrait Gallery - Large Image - NPG x133278; Queen Elizabeth II and family
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Elisabeth of Belgium bears a resemblance to her great grandmother Astrid
Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
When I look at the picture of King Albert and Queen Paola together with four of the children of Princes Astrid and Prince Lorenz on this card I see a resemblance of Princes Luisa and a young Queen Paola.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Christine of Brazil and her four children. But they also resemble their father, Prince Antônio of Brazil.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7923/alix.jpg
Old 04-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Courtier

In this pic http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VgqelpvbvU...ncess+mary.jpg you cn see the Queen resembles her aunt The Princess Royal more than her mother..
In this pic http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LLXG-SIxtf...RMaryg101p.jpg it becomes much more obvious..
Prince Philip's mom http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/...691a53f48f.jpg ..Is it? Or maybe just Prince Philip wearing a nun's habit..
But in this one http://lisawallerrogers.files.wordpr...ora-sophie.jpg his dad does show some of Prince Philip's middle-age featues (rather than present ones)..
Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

And the 12 children of Prince Pedro Henrique of Brazil and his wife, Princess Maria Elizabeth of Bavaria, bears striking resemblance with both parents:

Prince Pedro Henrique: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Princess Maria Elizabeth: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Luiz: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Eudes: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Bertrand: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Princess Isabel: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Pedro de Alcântara: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Fernando: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Antônio: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Princess Eleonora: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Francisco: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Prince Alberto: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Princess Maria Teresa: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Princess Maria Gabriela: Dom Pedro Henrique, Dona Maria Elizabeth e seus filhos | Facebook

Princesses Maria Teresa and Maria Gabriela are identical twins.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
When I look at the picture of King Albert and Queen Paola together with four of the children of Princes Astrid and Prince Lorenz on this card I see a resemblance of Princes Luisa and a young Queen Paola.
Actually I think that Princess Luisa Maria looks more similar to another very beautiful Ruffo di Calabria woman, Queen Paola's elder sister Laura, who is standing left in this old picture http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1098129380 cf. http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-ro...372419-015.jpg. Laura (*1921) was also in her late teens back then . Paola doesn't have eyes as wide-set as Luisa Maria's or Laura's but somewhat larger viz. more curved ones ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark and her first cousin once removed, Princess Isabella of Denmark.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Claus-Casimir is a copy of his father:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5387/87143100.jpg

And since yesterday I know from whom Eloise has her nose. It is also from Constantijn.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
In this pic http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VgqelpvbvU...ncess+mary.jpg you cn see the Queen resembles her aunt The Princess Royal more than her mother..
In this pic http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LLXG-SIxtf...RMaryg101p.jpg it becomes much more obvious..
Prince Philip's mom http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/...691a53f48f.jpg ..Is it? Or maybe just Prince Philip wearing a nun's habit..
But in this one http://lisawallerrogers.files.wordpr...ora-sophie.jpg his dad does show some of Prince Philip's middle-age featues (rather than present ones)..
Lilibet does look quite like her aunt. I never thought she looked like either of her parents really, considering how strong her father's genes were. Edward (Earl of Wessex) looks just like the Queen's father. I think Zara looks a lot like her Princess Mary, particularly when Mary was a young woman.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Gentry

Belgian:
Albert II: Mix of both parents
Philippe: His father
Elisabeth: Mix of both, more toward her father though

Danish:
Frederik: Henrik
Joachim: Margrethe
Christian: his grandfather, John Donaldson
Isabella: Frederik

Dutch:
Beatrix: Mix of both parents
Willem-Alexander: Mix of both, a little more towards Beatrix
Catharina-Amalia: Willem-Alexander/Beatrix

Luxembourgish:
Henri: Definitely his mother, Josephine-Charlotte. He's basically the male copy of her.
Guillaume: His mother. I don't see much of Henri in any of the children to be honest.

Norwegian:
Harald V: His father, Olav V. But he has his mother, Crown Princess Martha's, eyes.
Haakon: Mix of both parents
Ingrid Alexandra: Haakon

Spanish:
Juan Carlos: His father, the Count of Barcelona.
Sofia: Frederica
Felipe: Sofia, I don't see much Bourbon in him.
Leonor: Felipe/Sofia
Infanta Sofia: Juan Carlos. I think the Bourbon traits skipped a generation.

Swedish:
Carl Gustaf: His mother, Sibylla.
Victoria: Silvia, though I see a bit of her father in some of her facial features.
Estelle: Mix of both parents. I feel like we'll wait and see as she gets older. She has the pointy Bernadotte ears that her mother/father/grandfather/etc. had though.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

CP Victoria, I always thought she resembled her mother too until I saw a youth picture of her father where a laughed... spitting image of his oldest daughter...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3129/2...248_z.jpg?zz=1

this is not the pic i meant, but for me this also shows great likeness...
Old 06-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, I've always thought that Victoria bore a strong resemblance to her father, only with her mother's dark colouring, and that picture definitely confirms that. I also see Madeleine when I look at the young Carl Gustaf.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

I agree, I've always thought that Victoria bore a strong resemblance to her father, only with her mother's dark colouring, and that picture definitely confirms that. I also see Madeleine when I look at the young Carl Gustaf.
I agree, I think Victoria has her father's bone struction with her mother's coloring.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Maxima mostly looks like her mother Maria. Alexia also looks a lot like her mother in that photo as well!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I agree, I think Victoria has her father's bone struction with her mother's coloring.
Victoria and Madeleine have their mothers chin, her most distinctive facial feature

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,