The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think Infanta Sofia looks a lot like the King!
Wow, what a striking resemblance!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
Wow, what a striking resemblance!
Holy mackerel!!!!! That is astounding

Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Victoria mostly looks like her mother, but I think she also resembles her father in this photo!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

For me also a stromg resemblance: the zu Waldeck-Pyrmont sisters
Helene Helene zu Waldeck und Pyrmont

Marie Marie zu Waldeck und Pyrmont

Emma Emma zu Waldeck und Pyrmont

Emma was the second wife of dutch king Willem III and therefore grandmother of Queen Juliana and great-grandmother of Queen Beatrix
Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think Victoria mostly looks like her mother, but I think she also resembles her father in this photo!
Okay, I must say that is an adorable photo of King Carl Gustav!!!! I have never seen childhood pics of him, and yes, Victoria bears a striking resemblance. Thanks for the great find!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That's her smile! I don't think I ever saw his smile that way....
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

^its a first for me too
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Nobility

CP Victoria has the shape of her father's face but she looks like her mother a lot. As for Madeleine, it's completely the opposite.

For the Jordanian royals, Hamzah is the clone of King Hussein while Hashem and Iman look like Queen Noor more.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Courtier

I notice as Prince Charles get older he look more and more like his Grandfather King George VI.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 AM
Gentry

Some resemblances:

King George V resembled his mother, Queen Alexandra a lot in my opinion. Especially if you look at him without facial hair.

Elizabeth II is a mix of both parents, though aside from her face shape I think she resembles her father's side of the family more than her mother's. Princess Margaret was the female version of George VI though.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The other day I was watching a repeat of the program 'The Queen's Mother in Law' on Channel 4. At the end, they showed you some footage of Prince Philip visiting his mother's grave in Greece, and I thought that when he bent down, he looked exactly like Prince Charles (my mother walked in at that time and she thought he was Charles, and I said ‘no, it’s Philip! I also see a lot of HM in Prince Edward. Sometimes, I wonder who Baby Cambridge will resemble, Catherine or William?

In the Swedish Royal Family, I think that Crown Princess Victoria looks a lot like her mother Queen Silvia, whilst Princess Estelle is a mixture of both her parents; but in her first birthday photos, I saw a lot of Victoria in her but in some other photos of her (like her christening photos) she looks like Daniel. Regarding the Spanish Royal Family, I agree with the posters who said that Infanta Sofia looks like King Juan Carlos when he was a child, and I also see a lot of Princess Letizia in Infanta Leonor. I've said before on another thread that Irene Urdangarin looks a lot like Infanta Christina when she was Irene’s age, and I still agree. IMO, it’s amazing how much King Harald of Norway resembles his father, King Olav. Also, George V and his cousin the Tsar looked like they could be identical twins.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Look at the bridge of the nose of Prince Philip, PRince Charles and Prince Harry. Identical looks like ) ( - quite narrow and then the nose spreads out.

The most surprising likeness is the nose profile of Harry and The Duke of Windsor, really noticably when you see the photo of the Abdication Speech.

And Eustacie looks like a young Queen Mother.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Look at the bridge of the nose of Prince Philip, PRince Charles and Prince Harry. Identical looks like ) ( - quite narrow and then the nose spreads out.

The most surprising likeness is the nose profile of Harry and The Duke of Windsor, really noticably when you see the photo of the Abdication Speech.

And Eustacie looks like a young Queen Mother.
I noticed that a couple years ago, the likeness between Harry and Windsor...it caught me by surprise (someone posted pics on another forum)...they could of been brothers.

Both the Wales boys have some of the same mannerisims of Prince Charles but William really reminds me of his mother at times when he moves or holds his head a certain way.

LaRae
Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The other day I was watching a repeat of the program 'The Queen's Mother in Law' on Channel 4. At the end, they showed you some footage of Prince Philip visiting his mother's grave in Greece, and I thought that when he bent down, he looked exactly like Prince Charles (my mother walked in at that time and she thought he was Charles, and I said ‘no, it’s Philip! I also see a lot of HM in Prince Edward. Sometimes, I wonder who Baby Cambridge will resemble, Catherine or William?
The Queen is Edward in drag basically. Edward looks so much like his grandfather George VI, right down to the ears.

I hope baby Cambridge has blonde hair like William. Most of the Windors had/have blonde hair (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Beatrice did as a toddler, Louise and Savannah in the immediate family) so perhaps the child will as a toddler, unless they inherit Catherine's brunette genes.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Queen is Edward in drag basically. Edward looks so much like his grandfather George VI, right down to the ears.

I hope baby Cambridge has blonde hair like William. Most of the Windors had/have blonde hair (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Beatrice did as a toddler, Louise and Savannah in the immediate family) so perhaps the child will as a toddler, unless they inherit Catherine's brunette genes.
in the pix of Catherine in Amman I think she had blonde/mousy hair.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

FYI, Philips mother is buried in Israel not Greece.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I noticed that a couple years ago, the likeness between Harry and Windsor...it caught me by surprise (someone posted pics on another forum)...they could of been brothers.

Both the Wales boys have some of the same mannerisims of Prince Charles but William really reminds me of his mother at times when he moves or holds his head a certain way.

LaRae
Harry has started to look more and more like his father as he's grown older. I think he looks the most like Charles of the two. William is basically the male version of his mother.

Speaking of Diana, look at the 8th Earl Spencer and the current Earl.

http://image2.findagrave.com/photos2...5845445333.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C_NLidJmZG...ge2587193g.jpg

Charles Spencer is literally a copy of his father.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Courtier

I often see the DoE in Harry.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchist-us View Post
Harry has started to look more and more like his father as he's grown older. I think he looks the most like Charles of the two. William is basically the male version of his mother.

Speaking of Diana, look at the 8th Earl Spencer and the current Earl.

http://image2.findagrave.com/photos2...5845445333.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C_NLidJmZG...ge2587193g.jpg

Charles Spencer is literally a copy of his father.

Yes except for the eyes...Diana and Charles have different eyes from their father. William has them to some degree.

I do agree that Harry is looking more like Charles as he's maturing.

LaRae
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I do agree that Harry is looking more like Charles as he's maturing.
I've always thought Harry looks like Charles; it's in the eyebrows and the twist of the grin.

Eugenie looks like the Queen Mum especially when she was a child.

Beatrice harks back to Q Victoria.

At first glance William looks like the SPencers, however there are distinct similarities between him and Peter Phillips, and also Prince Edward.

Louise looks like the Queen as a child.