The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Courtier

i think the younger ones probabaly do- epople like charlotte, william, harry,the swedish royals etc...they have the time to check forums, not regularly, but sometimes, say once every 2~3 months....

Old 02-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Courtier

I don't know, but maybe, everything is possible right?
Now imagine when we write something bad and unfair :(

Old 02-05-2006, 10:03 AM

I imagine a few lawyers may take a peek through the forums occassionally...
Old 02-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican
Back in the day before the internet, I remember reading that Diana, Princess of Wales used to read her newpaper clippings- I even read that she employed a clipping service to send her any newspaper reports. How true that is, I don't know, but it got me to thinking- Do you think that some members of Royal families actually watch these boards? I know that other boards have been used for research for books on Royal family members, and that members of the media sometimes peruse them.. What do you think?
I think they are aware of us or all boards in general the same way they know about books, magazines and newspapers that publish on stories about them. These chat rooms are the equivalent of an internet 'letter to the editor' in a newspaper. I used to go to sport forums and in more than one ocassion we were made aware by the Adms that not only some of the sports people read the messages every now and then but they commented about it to people who were close to them that also posted us updates on the news for the season.

Think of this, if you are a celebrity and you know there is a chat place with your name on it, won't you go?
But Royals themselves? I doubt they have the time. But if they have good public relations office then those are the people scanning around the net for mentions on their bosses names. So, I think the P.R. people do read not just this place but every forum to see the 'pulse' around. Royals, I doubt. Well, maybe minor royals and their aristocratic relatives.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I imagine a few lawyers may take a peek through the forums occassionally...
good joke!

Fortunately we got a nice army of around the clock Adms and Moderators to keep us out of harms way by cleaning up nasty posts that are more slandering than editorial opinions.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

Well I'm sure the ones who give a lot about their image or who are young check once every while. After all wouldn't you be curious? I'm sure everyone of the younger generation has checked at least once
Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

To be honest, I doubt many royals even know forums like this exist and if they do it'll be seen as a type of media to them, where people are talking about them etc just like in the papers. THEN AGAIN, like alot of people have said, anything is possible! It now makes me wonder whether there are princesses out there under assumed names commenting in the fashion threads about how wonderful "they" look.....and about how awful someone else looks!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think so , they have more important to do than surfing in net and look up what other people think of them + it is not very healthy
Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchelor View Post
I don't think so , they have more important to do than surfing in net and look up what other people think of them + it is not very healthy
Agree in principle. They live in such a world that they must actually protect themselves from too much gossipy input. Unhealthy, as you say.

And yet, I could see someone - computer savvy - meandering over just for a peek. Hey, its human nature. I could see the very young or the very old doing so. I'm thinking of human nature. Or instead of doing it themselves they might ask a friend to let them know what the tenor of such internet sites are - better than risking reading something unpleasant about oneself.

In the end, reading these Boards might be a bit surreal - very disjunct from the lives they experience on a daily basis among the people they love, wouldn't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
THEN AGAIN, like alot of people have said, anything is possible! It now makes me wonder whether there are princesses out there under assumed names commenting in the fashion threads about how wonderful "they" look.....and about how awful someone else looks!
Wouldn't put it past the younger royals for sure! If they have a sense of humor!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure there are those who have 'connection' who read these pages, but I'd propose they are the members that remain silent.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Commoner

Surfing

I don't think that royals look through these pages. I certainly wouldn't if I were a royal but I can imagine that they have PR staff that look through here occassionally just to check what the general mood is like. Interesting thought though :-)
Old 02-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Don't know but it would be interesting and I'm sure they'd be delighted at knowing there are individuals who adore them and their family.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Majesty

I'd venture to say that they most likely don't visit/watch these boards. I'm sure they're updated about public opinion via their press secretaries, or whoever it is that has the job of dealing with the press on their behalf.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

I would guess most of them don't (perhaps someone in their staff does), although you never know.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I dont think they do, neither their staff. Why? Because they couldnt care less about what such forums think about them. Its not important at all. There are other measurements in place for them that would be important (official public polls, political movements etc).
And besides, it takes a masochist to read all this stuff about yourself. You either get deep into it what is impossible due to lack of time and in the end you'd end up depressed.

Would you change because of what other people think? No way. One of the first lesson that royals learn is that you cant please everyone, therefore just ignore it. There is no point in reading such forums.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Nobility

I agree with you Duke of Marmalade.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Madame Royale is correct.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
good joke!

Fortunately we got a nice army of around the clock Adms and Moderators to keep us out of harms way by cleaning up nasty posts that are more slandering than editorial opinions.
It's not slander, it is libel. Slander is spoken, libel is written. We write. And, actually, I've never seen a post in these Forums that could genuinely be construed as either.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
I've never seen a post in these Forums that could genuinely be construed as either.
Oh Kitty, libellous statements are not unknown in the Forums! The fact that you haven't seen any is a testament to the fast work of the moderators in deleting them, and if they don't get there first, to the members who click the 'Report Post' button.