Do Royals Watch These Boards?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamerican

Gentry
City
Toronto
Country
Canada
Back in the day before the internet, I remember reading that Diana, Princess of Wales used to read her newpaper clippings- I even read that she employed a clipping service to send her any newspaper reports. How true that is, I don't know, but it got me to thinking- Do you think that some members of Royal families actually watch these boards? I know that other boards have been used for research for books on Royal family members, and that members of the media sometimes peruse them.. What do you think?

I don't think so, they have more IMPORTANT things to do than reading these boards:)

I don't think they read it. It is as photofan says, they have more important things to do. And it's very easy to ignore websites on the internet. If you don't visit them, you can't be bothered by them. If I was royal, I wouldn't browse TRF, that's for sure...

I think some royals might "check in" every once in a while, esp. those who are interested in what the general public think of them. I know I would.

I think some of them might be tempted but they probably don't have time to browse these forums. I know if I was royal I would be too afraid of what people were saying. However, they would be useful to find out what the public want and expect from them.

I don't think they would personally check out any of these boards, however, they may have friends or employees do it for them!:D

I agree with Skydragon, they may not check the Boards out themselves, but they may have someone do it for them IF they're interested in what the public (or some of the public) says about them. That's a big IF. Diana, from what I've read, was very aware of the media and public opinion. I don't know if all royals are that concerned, or, quite frankly, insecure. But IF they are concerned, the internet is as much a part of the media world as newspapers, books and TV, and blogs certainly give the opinion of one segment of the population.

I can just imagine the scene at Windsor Castle as the Queen does some surfing;

"Philip, Elspeth didn't like my pink outfit - better wear the purple one tomorrow"

If I were a royal, I'd find a board like this interesting for many reasons. Off the top of my head, a few would be: it's an easy way to see what fellow royals are up to, a way to learn things about challenges of other royals and how they handle them, a good way to read the 'royalty' opinions of a broad range of people, and it's just a great way to get lots of different information. In addition, it would be fast feedback on how I looked in various outfits, hairstyles, shoe styles, accessories....! I'd sure read it.

I don't think they actually watch these boards. There life is to hectic and I agree that maybe their employees do.

Maybe they're secretly posting under aliases. Hey, it's the internet, anything's possible. ;)

If I were a royal and/or famous, I think I'd check up occasionally just to see what people's opinions were. Not every day... but human nature would probably get the better of some people, some of the time. I'm sure many royals wouldn't be above putting their name into a search engine for fun! :) I couldn't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing it, and she really would be just too busy, but maybe some of the younger generation.

I couldn't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing it, and she really would be just too busy, but maybe some of the younger generation.

Didn't it emerge that the Queen does use email? The Duke of York set her up on the internet. He also taught her how to text and he bought her an ipod.

EmpressRouge said:
Maybe they're secretly posting under aliases. Hey, it's the internet, anything's possible. ;)

yes,that´s my opinion too. ;)
we don´t know anyone here in real life.

BeatrixFan said:
Didn't it emerge that the Queen does use email? The Duke of York set her up on the internet. He also taught her how to text and he bought her an ipod.

Are you serieous? How funny! The Prince of Orange actually once said that he had taught his mother how to use the internet as well!

The Queen sent an email to Prince William at one point and 'The Sun' ran the story. A Palace source said that the Queen does have a computer and that the Duke of York taught her how to send email. A while later, it was revealed that she sent Prince Harry a text for his birthday. Again, the Palace said that the Duke of York had taught her to text and that he had bought her an ipod that she loved. I think it's brilliant!

Me to! I wonder what music she plays on her i-pod though, what is her favourite genre?
BTW, Queen Beatrix should have a lot of free time now, so maybe she got so bored that she googled her own name and ended up here, making nasty comments about all those people in the Gotha that she doesn't like ;)

nilah said:
Why not ? They are curious as well.
Yes, you're probably right. I just couldn't personally imagine the Queen checking up on what we were all saying here. Who knows, of course... ;)

Personally, I think that the only ones that may actually watch these boards are those who are completely preoccupied with their image and public persona. I think the overwhelming majority do not. They know these boards exist, but they don't really care. It is an amusing thought though, isn't it? :D

i think the younger ones probabaly do- epople like charlotte, william, harry,the swedish royals etc...they have the time to check forums, not regularly, but sometimes, say once every 2~3 months....

I don't know, but maybe, everything is possible right?
Now imagine when we write something bad and unfair :(

I imagine a few lawyers may take a peek through the forums occassionally...

Jamerican said:
Back in the day before the internet, I remember reading that Diana, Princess of Wales used to read her newpaper clippings- I even read that she employed a clipping service to send her any newspaper reports. How true that is, I don't know, but it got me to thinking- Do you think that some members of Royal families actually watch these boards? I know that other boards have been used for research for books on Royal family members, and that members of the media sometimes peruse them.. What do you think?

I think they are aware of us or all boards in general the same way they know about books, magazines and newspapers that publish on stories about them. These chat rooms are the equivalent of an internet 'letter to the editor' in a newspaper. I used to go to sport forums and in more than one ocassion we were made aware by the Adms that not only some of the sports people read the messages every now and then but they commented about it to people who were close to them that also posted us updates on the news for the season.

Think of this, if you are a celebrity and you know there is a chat place with your name on it, won't you go?
But Royals themselves? I doubt they have the time. But if they have good public relations office then those are the people scanning around the net for mentions on their bosses names. So, I think the P.R. people do read not just this place but every forum to see the 'pulse' around. Royals, I doubt. Well, maybe minor royals and their aristocratic relatives.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
I imagine a few lawyers may take a peek through the forums occassionally...

:D good joke!

Fortunately we got a nice army of around the clock Adms and Moderators to keep us out of harms way by cleaning up nasty posts that are more slandering than editorial opinions. ;)

Last edited:
What if they were among us?

I was wondering...what if the royals or celebrities whose life we talk about, discuss, learn about, criticize or praise, were posters at the Forums just like any of us?

Many celebrities confess that they surf blogs, chat rooms and fansites undercover, just for fun or curiosity.

Mabel Wisse Smith has proven that royals are also aware of what it is said about them in the Web - it wouldn't be surprising to discover one day that they were also members of forums or boards in which all of us participated in...

I confess I am Zara Phillips, I cannot hide any longer! Just joking:lol: If they were members I hope they do not get mad easily.:cool:

If I am understanding your question correctly, I wouldn't change my thoughts, comments, concerns, criticisms, and so forth about them.

Furthermore, we do know that Danish media has (and probably still does) actively view TRF (several articles have been published about the board: one in a Danish publication back in 2003 when the site was known as Les Tribunes Royale, and more recently in an Italian magazine), so I would conclude that most likely members of a particular royal household, or royal themselves, do view TRF, or are aware of it.

TRF is the biggest site on the internet for royal watchers (if you Google royal message boards and forums our site is number three behind Royal Cruise Message Boards. The system on Google goes by popularity; hence, TRF is incredibly large when it comes the discussion about royalty.) You can also check out the stats of the board here which details the sites activity.

So, perhaps some royals are aware of TRF and perhaps some do participate. We will never know, but it's a nice thought.

I confess I am Zara Phillips, I cannot hide any longer! Just joking:lol: If they were members I hope they do not get mad easily.:cool:
That's so funny.I don't think they'll get mad.Hope not.Maybe a little tickled,or flattered.If Royalty is here, that's just great.Maybe when they tire of reading and posting about themselves,they go to the celebrity chit-chat section.There,just maybe they might encounter Paris,Lindsay,Britney of Victoria.

I don't thing that a lot of royals are among us. I can imagine that they know TRF but I think they read so much about themselves that they are no longer interested in these senseless rumours.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom