Do Royals Watch These Boards?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are so many places online talking about royals, I would think for the royals themselves it all quickly becomes a “no-go zone.” So no, I just can’t picture any of them lurking around these forums.

Once upon a long time ago, one poster was pretty sure Princess Beatrice was on here as a member using a false name. I had no idea whether she was or wasn't but whoever it was didn't stay on the forums for very long.
I think most royals use there down time catching up with family and friends or persuing hobbies.
I guess some might be interested in a specific topic and might come on board to read what we say.
But really after the beating and outright lies and made up stories some of them get in the press wanting to read more negative articles about themselves from people influenced by the press might be the last thing they want to do.

I am fairly certain that staff monitor this forum, as it is a way of monitoring the ups and downs of the 'interested' public. If they lose our good will, it would be a particularly bad sign.

I've often thought Princess Michael gets her book ideas here. :lol:

I am fairly certain that staff monitor this forum, as it is a way of monitoring the ups and downs of the 'interested' public. If they lose our good will, it would be a particularly bad sign.
:previous: This. Any media/PR staff member who are employed by Royal houses would be gathering intelligence on our perceptions of the Royals. They would be would be ingesting all the data they can find - comments on the Daily Fail, our comments on events etc.

An example is the late Prince Henrik of Denmark's comments on his burial preferences. Usually, the court would have ignored his comments (as they did in the past). The backlash of his comments on this site, as well as other social media platforms, ensured that the Danish Royal Household released information on his condition. I believe that this would have no thappened if their media engine did not analyse the data - i.e. comments.

I would say that the Swedish, Danish and Dutch royal courts are the best at their information/data analytics. The worst is the British and Spanish.

:previous: This. Any media/PR staff member who are employed by Royal houses would be gathering intelligence on our perceptions of the Royals. They would be would be ingesting all the data they can find - comments on the Daily Fail, our comments on events etc.

An example is the late Prince Henrik of Denmark's comments on his burial preferences. Usually, the court would have ignored his comments (as they did in the past). The backlash of his comments on this site, as well as other social media platforms, ensured that the Danish Royal Household released information on his condition. I believe that this would have no thappened if their media engine did not analyse the data - i.e. comments.

I would say that the Swedish, Danish and Dutch royal courts are the best at their information/data analytics. The worst is the British and Spanish.

Oh Ok. That's interesting.

The news about Prince Henrik's condition was released the same week they had had an official diagnosis, first week of September 2017. He had a series of examinations conducted during late summer that year just before that.

What would they have released before that? "Something is wrong but we are not sure.." ?

I'm 100% certain journalists/media read here for stories.

For royals or royal ajacent people I wouldn't be surprised if a few have checked us out whilst googling themselves or points of royal interest. For some personal threads you'd have to be a maschoist or have had a bit to much to drink to come back to though.

Last edited:
I'm 100% certain journalists/media read here for stories.

For royals or royal ajacent people I wouldn't be surprised if a few have checked us out whilst googling themselves or points of royal interest. For some personal threads you'd have to be a maschoist or have had a bit to much to drink to come back to though.

They do.
Sometimes they refer to a specific forum.

And there have been times when parts of a post here has been lifted almost word for word, without a reference...

But then we live of their articles as well, so it's mutual.

I thought Princess Aya of Jordan was a member here...

The news about Prince Henrik's condition was released the same week they had had an official diagnosis, first week of September 2017. He had a series of examinations conducted during late summer that year just before that.

What would they have released before that? "Something is wrong but we are not sure.." ?

It was only released after Prince Henrik went on his rant. The media release of his diagnosis stated he went through a number of medical examination in the late summer.

The point I was making is that this forum, as well as other Royal forums, are analysed by Royal households. Quite clearly some Royal households are very good at it, i.e. the Danish and Swedish, while others are very bad at it, i.e. British

I do not believe the Royals read this column. If they have to read numerous royal documents, that is plenty of reading.

They would certainly have staff who read these fora.

Not every royal has a lot of reading to do - The Queen, Charles and William get the red boxes but the rest of the family don't. The CoS's do get a precis of the main things in the red boxes (Harry and Andrew) just in case they have to do deal with something in an emergency situation. Otherwise they only have to read as much or as little as they want to do for their charities and upcoming events.

I do not believe the Royals read this column. If they have to read numerous royal documents, that is plenty of reading.

Seriously? There's a hundred reason why most probably don't read here, "official work" isn't one of them IMO.

TRF is the largest real forum on the internet. That's why royal families should know of its existence.
I believe royal houses should have their staff members visit the TRF from time to time, especially when something important happens.
But I don't believe royalty visits the TRF. And if they visit, don't comment.
I also believe that some journalists visit the TRF.

Last edited:
The former Dutch royal forum (All Things Royal) was visited at least a few times by one of the grandchildren of king Mihai, so I wouldn't be surprised if at times some royals, nobles or descendants drop by at TRF as well.

They would certainly have staff who read these fora.

Not every royal has a lot of reading to do - The Queen, Charles and William get the red boxes but the rest of the family don't. The CoS's do get a precis of the main things in the red boxes (Harry and Andrew) just in case they have to do deal with something in an emergency situation. Otherwise they only have to read as much or as little as they want to do for their charities and upcoming events.

Would Harry and Andrew still receive those now they are no longer involved in royal activities - even though they could still be called upon to act as a CoS?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom