Do Royals Watch These Boards?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember someone on this board saying that they knew of a royal who was a member. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. But undoubtly, someone who is royal IS a member.

Happy Halloween!:catmoon:

How can you be so sure?

I can imagine that they know TRF but I think they read so much about themselves that they are no longer interested in these senseless rumours.
:lol:

That's certainly a possibility, Coco. It would also be risky for them to become members of this or any other board and post (about themselves or any other royals) and bearing the risk of being discovered while doing so (as I said, let's remember the recent Wikipedia episode of Mabel Wisse Smit).

But I also think that they must have spare time as well... why wouldn't they at least browse? ;)

By the way...could a royal, in case of feeling offended or touched by any post in a Forum, sue the site or ask for information about any of its members?

I do think that people who are royals, if not members, might check us out. It's kind of hard for me to imagine, because for some reason it seems like a close knit community to me, TRF is really huge and has hundreds of thousands of members, correct? And more people join every day. So the royals do have to risk being "found out", as we saw in the Mabel Wisse Smit Wikipedia Fiasco, but they might check to see what the regular, normal people think about them (although for some reason I doubt Letizia and Laurentien have been on here, because Letizia still has that blah hair, and Laurentien's wardrobe might could USE a little bit of blah!:lol:) But who knows, royals really may cyberly "walk among us".

And for those people who say "I'm Princess So-and-So" or "I'm best friends with Prince X", I'm not trying to be untrustworthy, but they're not. They probably just want attention. What privacy-deprived royal would come telling everyone on an online community who they really are, and what true "best friend" would claim to redily give away secrets?

By the way...could a royal, in case of feeling offended or touched by any post in a Forum, sue the site or ask for information about any of its members?

Well I'm not a lawyer but I think they could sue if there is slanderous material on the site. That is why we have the rules, to protect us & the members. From the TRF rules:

The Royal Forum Rules

Registering and participating at The Royal Forums constitutes agreeement to abide by the Social Knowledge Terms of Service Agreement (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum), which include the following:

You hereby agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by the Company to be harmful to the online community, including:
  • infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
  • posting any defamatory or otherwise false information

But of course, as I said, I'm not a lawyer. :D

Royalty does look around and chat that is when there is time! if you think that it would not be taken well then you might not want to tell every one about it because you never know who you are talking to!

IMO: When the forum is big enough there will be a need for security team around them to read and analyze it. There are enough psychotic guys, stalkers, private-paparazzis not respecting any border around this world etc. they may can be dangerous for them- prevention is important.
Also many forums are scanned by police from time to time in addition for unpolite statements, political and religous directions or some special pics - but this is similar to the magazines. They will report them when there is a need.
But I think the royals itself will prefer newspapers and some magazines containing current political and fashion articels too. Maybe the younger ones play around and have fun sometimes. These days they need a lot of knowledge to hide themself - and there are many dangerous organisations on the net and terrorists too, hunting these important people everywhere, collecting time stamps IPs personal informations - why not in the internet ? ... But I dont want to destroy your/our secret dreams - its part of our life :wub:. Im a realist - for me it was and is and will be nearly be (1:1e1000) impossible to get in conversational contact with them.
( Maybe I am the unknown prince of the forum :cool:- because If I would be a circus director, a bodyguard, a formular 1 driver, a barkeeper, etc. etc. I would have met Steph and no time anymore to read and post here :lol: )

sorry that i ask but i do not kmmow what happen with wikpedia and mabel wisse smit?
That's certainly a possibility, Coco. It would also be risky for them to become members of this or any other board and post (about themselves or any other royals) and bearing the risk of being discovered while doing so (as I said, let's remember the recent Wikipedia episode of Mabel Wisse Smit).

But I also think that they must have spare time as well... why wouldn't they at least browse? ;)

Royals on the forums

Does anyone think that there must be some royals or aristocrats on here ? If I was royal I would look at forums about other royals

There probablly isn't any actual royal on here, but I'm sure their Press people and PR people look in on it from time to time to check on public opinion

There probablly isn't any actual royal on here, but I'm sure their Press people and PR people look in on it from time to time to check on public opinion
That makes sense!

For sure royals would get on and have a read...as if they wouldn't. I don't think it's something they would do very often but I'm sure they have. I know I would if I were a royal. See what the greatly uninformed have to say...;):D

You would probably be surprised at how many royals have come on for a read, a laugh, some most likely wishing they could tell many to upshut and get their facts straight..lol.

That makes sense!

Doesn't really, given this forum's made of people from all different walks of life stretching the globe and back. Public opinion within this forum stands for very little.

If a handful of people from say, England, don't like Mary of Denmark, I hardly think the Danish court would be concerned by it in the slightest. It's almost near impossible to judge public opinion within such an environment and when that opinion is formed by a foreigner...who on earth would care?

Last edited:
Well I'm sure the ones who give a lot about their image or who are young check once every while. After all wouldn't you be curious? I'm sure everyone of the younger generation has checked at least once

To be honest, I doubt many royals even know forums like this exist and if they do it'll be seen as a type of media to them, where people are talking about them etc just like in the papers. THEN AGAIN, like alot of people have said, anything is possible! It now makes me wonder whether there are princesses out there under assumed names commenting in the fashion threads about how wonderful "they" look.....and about how awful someone else looks!

I don't think so , they have more important to do than surfing in net and look up what other people think of them + it is not very healthy

I don't think so , they have more important to do than surfing in net and look up what other people think of them + it is not very healthy

Agree in principle. They live in such a world that they must actually protect themselves from too much gossipy input. Unhealthy, as you say.

And yet, I could see someone - computer savvy - meandering over just for a peek. Hey, its human nature. I could see the very young or the very old doing so. I'm thinking of human nature. Or instead of doing it themselves they might ask a friend to let them know what the tenor of such internet sites are - better than risking reading something unpleasant about oneself. :ermm:

In the end, reading these Boards might be a bit surreal - very disjunct from the lives they experience on a daily basis among the people they love, wouldn't you think?

THEN AGAIN, like alot of people have said, anything is possible! It now makes me wonder whether there are princesses out there under assumed names commenting in the fashion threads about how wonderful "they" look.....and about how awful someone else looks!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Wouldn't put it past the younger royals for sure! If they have a sense of humor! ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure there are those who have 'connection' who read these pages, but I'd propose they are the members that remain silent.

Surfing

I don't think that royals look through these pages. I certainly wouldn't if I were a royal but I can imagine that they have PR staff that look through here occassionally just to check what the general mood is like. Interesting thought though :)

Don't know but it would be interesting and I'm sure they'd be delighted at knowing there are individuals who adore them and their family.

I'd venture to say that they most likely don't visit/watch these boards. I'm sure they're updated about public opinion via their press secretaries, or whoever it is that has the job of dealing with the press on their behalf.

I would guess most of them don't (perhaps someone in their staff does), although you never know.

I dont think they do, neither their staff. Why? Because they couldnt care less about what such forums think about them. Its not important at all. There are other measurements in place for them that would be important (official public polls, political movements etc).
And besides, it takes a masochist to read all this stuff about yourself. You either get deep into it what is impossible due to lack of time and in the end you'd end up depressed.

Would you change because of what other people think? No way. One of the first lesson that royals learn is that you cant please everyone, therefore just ignore it. There is no point in reading such forums.

I agree with you Duke of Marmalade.

Madame Royale is correct.

:D good joke!

Fortunately we got a nice army of around the clock Adms and Moderators to keep us out of harms way by cleaning up nasty posts that are more slandering than editorial opinions. ;)

It's not slander, it is libel. Slander is spoken, libel is written. We write. And, actually, I've never seen a post in these Forums that could genuinely be construed as either.

KittyAtlanta said:
I've never seen a post in these Forums that could genuinely be construed as either.
Oh Kitty, libellous statements are not unknown in the Forums! The fact that you haven't seen any is a testament to the fast work of the moderators in deleting them, and if they don't get there first, to the members who click the 'Report Post' button.

Do the royals read this column?

Does anyone like me ever wonder if the Royal Families ever read these discussion forums?

Some no doubt do. At least from time to time. Out of curiosity or for a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom