The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Gentry

Country with most Royals

Which country has the most Royals ? Germany seems to have a lot of Royals and so does France. Anyone which country has the most people with Royal titles ?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_r View Post
Which country has the most Royals ? Germany seems to have a lot of Royals and so does France. Anyone which country has the most people with Royal titles ?
India has a lots of Royal families, but they are not famous in India and around the world. No Indian knows about any of the present generation Indian royals until there is any news about them.

Some of the Indian royals are called Rajputs.

the titles are : Maharaja (King/Emperor), Maharani (Queen/Empress), Rajkumar (Prince), Rajkumari (Princess).

Here is the list of Legendary Rajputs (Past and Present) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rajputs

Old 08-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

Germany and Russia (during their Empires, of course).

Regards!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I would expect the Saudi RF is the largest. The number of princes/princesses runs into the thousands.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think India has a lot of royals, also the Saudis and because of all the aristocracy (peers, lords, sirs, dukes, earls, viscounts etc.) I always thought england??
Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Nobility

I thinks that Germany and maybe Austria...Many royals living in today's Czech republic moved to Germany and Austria after 1945 and 1948...and many of them are still there...well we can say that majority of them...
Old 08-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

I also think like Little Star, that it is priubably the Saudi Royals.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the British Royal Family are in Europe.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Courtier

I heard it was Liechtenstein. Maybe it is the Saudis in absolute numbers but considering that Liechtenstein's total population is much smaller maybe the amount of princes/princesses per person is much higher ?
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I think India has a lot of royals, also the Saudis and because of all the aristocracy (peers, lords, sirs, dukes, earls, viscounts etc.) I always thought england??
Yes, India has a lots of Royal families.

I forgot to mention that Rajputs are the hindu rulers, and the Nizams are the muslim rulers. My place was ruled by the Nizams, so my city"s culture is quite a lot similar to the Middle Eastern and North African culture.

Muslim Indians speak Urdu which is a mix of Arabic and Hindi.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

saudi arabia
Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Commoner

Well, it can't be Germany, because here they (former royals from East-Europe and GErmany, Austria) are not recognized as royals, because Germany is a republic and abolished all titles. Nowadays these former titles are just a part of the surname.

I think the countries with most royals may be tiny monarchies, like Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. Do the maths: small population, about 4-5 siblings in every generation...
Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniks View Post
I think the countries with most royals may be tiny monarchies, like Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. Do the maths: small population, about 4-5 siblings in every generation...
Maybe Liechtenstein, they have a couple of hundred princes and about 36000 inhabitants. Luxembourg in difference doesn't have as many. Grand Duke Jean (1), Grand Duke Henri and his family (9), Prince Jean and his family (5; I do not count his first wife as they are divorced and not his second wife as she isn't recognised by the grand ducal family) and Prince Guillaume and his family (6) plus Prince Robert and his family (5), which would add up to 26 people. In fact neither the children of Prince Guillaume, Prince Jean and Prince Robert nor the children of Prince Louis are "Princes of Luxembourg" (only "of Nassau") so it is only 13, including Princess Sibilla and Princess Tessy.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Gentry

An economy of size.

When the Norwegian throne was restored on independence, in 1905, the Royal family composed of King Haakon, Queen Maude and the future King Olav, three people in total. Even now, the number of Royals in Norway, or at least those who have Royal titles, only numbers 9 or 10. A lesson for other Royal families, perhaps?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think that almost none of the Liechtenstein princes lives in Liechtenstein. But of the European ruling houses it certainly is the largest family. The largest non-reiging one should be the Habsburgs.

Most royals by far should be living in Germany indeed, followed by Austria (apart from a few Habsburgs they also have quite a few Liechtensteins and a lot of members of the mediatised houses) albeit they will all be belonging to a non reiging house.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

Saudi Arabia, perhaps?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by James VI View Post
When the Norwegian throne was restored on independence, in 1905, the Royal family composed of King Haakon, Queen Maude and the future King Olav, three people in total. Even now, the number of Royals in Norway, or at least those who have Royal titles, only numbers 9 or 10. A lesson for other Royal families, perhaps?
They should write a book on how they managed that? It's confusing and at the same time fascinating when reading about all these people with titles in a country and it makes me wonder how the heck they keep them all straight. I'm surprised some of the larger one's don't have problems with random people claiming to be family.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Um let's see....
Saudi Arabia
Germany? Who over the years have had duchies, princely families
Austria had the hapsburgs and there are many in the house of Austria este and decendents of Karl I
The house of oldenburg as well plus the branches