The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Commoner

Complaints

Ok you know what I am really starting to dislike royals....they dont LOOK normal....I mean dont they have pimples and scars all over their bodies or have flat chests or wear hearing aids like me? Or do they have to be PERFECT looking with the BEST clothes and the LATEST stuff in everything? To me that smells like hollywood (which I DONT care for)...and the men ALWAYS have to go for the best looking girls (ie models) ....sigh cant they just date a plain looking girl NOOOO ...sigh. I used to have a crush on many of the royal guys ...but since there are so few left. Now I just plain envy the women who date them.sorry about my rant ....No fairy tales for me ever again:(

Old 10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

cheer up there are some unmarry royals out there that might date a women with her male magnets sagging to her knees or maybe a royals female might date a man with very bad acne. its a sad fact of life that most people are looking to find someone with the perfect look and u have to admit that some royals wouldn't have such beautful husbands or wives if they didnt have a title and money.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy

You're soo right on that one. Many and i say many royals and their non-royal families will have not luck in the love department without money and po$ition (the higher the better). Anf if you look at some pictures of some royal/non-royal, will you give them the time of the day if you didn't know they were who they are?:o
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness

With all due respect to CP Philippe, because he seems like a very nice guy. But, a good example of these unbalanced couples (in terms of looks), I think is CP Philippe and CP Mathilde of Belgium.

Mathilde is gorgeous and Phillipe, not so much.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Nobility

Look at Charles and Camilla--she is not perfect (nor is he), but she is the one he wanted. And he gave up Diana into the bargain.

They do look remarkably happy. It's too bad that the sins of his callow youth will follow the Prince of Wales, because I think he has probably matured somewhat in the last ten years, finally.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Gentry

I don't think Prince Charles went for the best looking girl. He chose Camillia over Diana! Diana was beautiful! Camillia in my opinion is not very good looking.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

i have agree with jil and royaltywatcher

because i dont like Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall because she not perfect! many people wont wanted her to become Queen of England but im glad to kept Diana's legacy.

but im really like Diana very much and im wishes she was here and she was People's Princess and she was Queen's Hearts but i think many people wanted to kept Diana's legacy since her death in 1997

i knew about Diana recalled Camilla in the taboilds because she recalled her as rotweiller and lots of more and HM Queen dont like Diana very much! how pity of Diana!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

we cannot accuse princes Friso and Constantijn of The Netherlands of getting gorgeous wives either. Or Martha-Louise, Cristina, Elena, Anne, the Duke of York etc etc.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
we cannot accuse princes Friso and Constantijn of The Netherlands of getting gorgeous wives either. Or Martha-Louise, Cristina, Elena, Anne, the Duke of York etc etc.
Infanta Cristina's husband, Inaki, is cute! I agree with you on the other ones though...:(
Old 11-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Astrid
Ok you know what I am really starting to dislike royals....they dont LOOK normal....I mean dont they have pimples and scars all over their bodies or have flat chests or wear hearing aids like me? Or do they have to be PERFECT looking with the BEST clothes and the LATEST stuff in everything? To me that smells like hollywood (which I DONT care for)...and the men ALWAYS have to go for the best looking girls (ie models) ....sigh cant they just date a plain looking girl NOOOO ...sigh. I used to have a crush on many of the royal guys ...but since there are so few left. Now I just plain envy the women who date them.sorry about my rant ....No fairy tales for me ever again:(
so, I take it you will soon be cancelling your membership with this forum?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Commoner

I dont know .......I know a lot of things that would hurt the royals and other people who know them or like them....but I have been warned and ...nevermind
Old 11-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i have agree with jil and royaltywatcher

because i dont like Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall because she not perfect! many people wont wanted her to become Queen of England but im glad to kept Diana's legacy.

Sara Boyce
So you don't like Camilla, because she is not Perfect..and suprise suprise Diana wasn't perfect either. NOBODY IS PERFECT! Diana wasn't, Camilla isn't, Mary isn't, Maxima isn't and I can kep coming up with names rest the day, and tomorrow and on Friday...
Old 11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Commoner

just because you're not perfect, it doesn't mean that you have to hate the ones that do look perfect. nothing in this world is perfect. yes, diana was pretty and gorgeous but she also suffered from bulimia. i dont know about you, but i would rather be unfortunate looking than be someone with psychological problems.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quite frankly I don't think any of these royals are perfect. They have whole profesional teams working with them to achieve a good look! If you took away the HRH's, the money and put them on the street like every other Joe shmoe they'd be simply normal and possibly unkept like the rest of the world.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Quite frankly I don't think any of these royals are perfect. They have whole profesional teams working with them to achieve a good look! If you took away the HRH's, the money and put them on the street like every other Joe shmoe they'd be simply normal and possibly unkept like the rest of the world.
But the fact is they are not on the street like every other Joe Shmoe. Yes, they are just the same as us, but quite different at the same time. Different enough to devote a whole Message Board to discuss them!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
But the fact is they are not on the street like every other Joe Shmoe. Yes, they are just the same as us, but quite different at the same time. Different enough to devote a whole Message Board to discuss them!
Huzzah!! Well said Warren. There is no shame in humility, and to recognise the undeniable differences which exist. This is a world of great disparity, where we as humans fit ourselves into a social heirachy where we are better off than some, and others are better off than us.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Warren, I understand what you are saying but there really is no pleasing anyone on this topic. What I was trying to get across was that just because these royals may look perfect doesn't mean that they are perfect. Physical features, the face, weight, clothing all of those things can be worked on and you can be made to look perfect almost like a facade but other aspects of thier lives they may struggle with. Everyone has a physical attribute that bothers them or that they probably wish they could change but I mean why would they share this with the public? There are other things that these perfectly groomed royals may struggle with; for example CP Victoria and Madeline are reported to be dyslexic (spelling?), Princess Beatrice struggles with dyslexia as well. Princess Eugeine has had painful back surgery for scoliosis at a very young age, Diana's emotional troubles - she hid that fairly well for a while didn't she but oh yes...she did look perfect didn't she. All of these princesses at first glance seem rather perfect don't they?? Princess Carolines hair fell out which many people if they want to be cruel can call that unattractive, people consider Princess Stephanie beautiful but I've also read remarks of some saying she's rather boyish and her shoulder are to broad like a man's...It seems the princess of Luxembourg struggles somewhat with her weight but then who knows maybe there's a medical reason behind it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that these Royals are expected to be role models and therefore try to look & act perfectly to the public, but just because they look it and act it doesn't mean that they are or that it comes easily to them. Just my opinion!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Astrid
They look perfect because they seem to manage their appearance to be looks perfect (by using many facilities provided for it) but I think many people aware that their life is not as perfect as some people think... I think they also have some major problem in their private life..I heard a rumour about a royal who ever tried (or think about) to suicide himself because can not be what he likes to be. Not every royal famouse but I believe that Hellen Keller was/is and will always be a very famouse lady. Be courage, one day you will find your own fairy tales:).
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Warren, I understand what you are saying but there really is no pleasing anyone on this topic. What I was trying to get across was that just because these royals may look perfect doesn't mean that they are perfect.
The notion of "Perfect Princesses" is questionable in itself, and is probably a modern concept given to us by the media at the height of the Diana era; then continued and encouraged by the magazine industry which enjoys "setting them up and knocking them down". There seems to be an unhealthy preoccupation with physical appearance, but that's nothing new; see Helen of Troy, for example, as "the face that launched a thousand ships" and a long war.

We like to have our heroes and heroines, and to "look up" to certain public figures, and we all have our favourites. Most of us are aware that we only see a public persona and have basically no idea of "what they are really like". But there are always some who lose perspective and become emotionally attached. Take it to extremes and you get a stalker.

The trouble with creating a "Perfect Princess" is what happens if they are found to have feet of clay, and that in fact they weren't "perfect". To use the most famous example, some have trouble recognising that Diana was not "perfect", although it would be reassuring to believe that she was. Life, and people, aren't so black and white.

For the rest of us, a "Perfect Princess" will be glamourous and do good works, but she will also have a human side and big or little faults. So she is non-perfect, just like us, but we will still choose to admire her from a distance because it is the human characteristics that make her more real, and therefore give us something we feel we can relate to.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Imo there are no perfect people princesses or not. We are all humans with our own problems and dislikes. I'm sure that each princess if asked would have something they disliked about themselves. Just like the rest to of us. As for looks with enough moneywe could all look well put together. I don't think these women wake up looking like that.