The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto View Post
Imo there are no perfect people princesses or not. We are all humans with our own problems and dislikes. I'm sure that each princess if asked would have something they disliked about themselves. Just like the rest to of us. As for looks with enough moneywe could all look well put together. I don't think these women wake up looking like that.
Well said! Everyone in the world has at least one thing that they don't like about themselves, whether it is a weight problem, a skin problem, big noses, fat lips, etc. I agree that these princesses, although most are naturally pretty, don't look glamorous and perfect all the time. For instance, we've seen a good many pictures of Crown Princess Mette-Marit where she was makeup-less, had bad skin, etc. But she's still a pretty woman, and Haakon obviously still loves her. I don't think that all royalty is naturally perfect. Look at the royals in the past, Queen Victoria and Edward VII had weight problems, George VI stuttered and had knock-knees. Even among royalty today, there are flaws. Prince Albert of Monaco is almost bald, Prince Charles inherited his grandfather's knock-knees, and there are more than a couple of royals out there who have had plastic surgery to fix what they thought were flaws, because they obviously have more than enough money to do it. But there are also regular people who get plastic surgery too, so that is absolutely normal.

But, anyway, to answer the question, royalty aren't always perfect and great-looking, and, as a matter of fact, neither are Hollywood stars! (Ms. Spears is a perfect example... there are many tabloid pics of her going in public bathrooms barefoot, with acne, etc.)

Old 07-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

There are no 'perfect' princesses- they all have faults!

Letizia's nose is large, and she can often look cool or stern (unintentionally, I think)
Mette-Marit often has poor posture, particularly in her eveningwear.
Máxima is heavier than the average gaunt hollywood actress (a good thing!)
Camilla is older and wrinkled and stuff
Mary...I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know there are some

These are examples of things that have been said about those ladies- I am not attacking anyone! I like them.
These are just examples- the royals are NOT perfect, but for them, often they are expected to act like they are!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
There are no 'perfect' princesses- they all have faults!

Letizia's nose is large, and she can often look cool or stern (unintentionally, I think)
Mette-Marit often has poor posture, particularly in her eveningwear.
Máxima is heavier than the average gaunt hollywood actress (a good thing!)
Camilla is older and wrinkled and stuff
Mary...I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know there are some

These are examples of things that have been said about those ladies- I am not attacking anyone! I like them.
These are just examples- the royals are NOT perfect, but for them, often they are expected to act like they are!
exactly. i would also like to add Mary was heavier before getting together with federick but lost weight after. Mathilde has the same poor posture that Mette-Marit has. So no one is perfect but royals are expected to act like they are.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Courtier

Looks are not everything people fail to realize that I go by looks sometimes myself instead of going at the personality and what this person could do for me emotionally or someday physically. Like it has be said numerous times in this thread no one is perfect we all have imperfections when it comes to your looks even some traits in your personalities.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 07-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well...I think that these last times Royals are not the beatiful princes and princess they used to be. This is true..Maybe our era reflects in our dirigence's faces! However, the new generation seems to be worth enough, but sometimes beatiful angellic babies could turn into monstruous persons! There is a sentence in our country that saids that if you are a cutie pie when a baby you'll be an ugly beast as a man/woman...But we can only wonder here.

As for the Camilla's thing, we doesn't marry for the other person has a nice face and body. We marry him/her for we love him/her. Prince Charles doesn't love the beatiful Lady Diana and rather wanted to pass his life with another woman, by far not so beatiful. But before my eyes, this proves he loves her.

Vanesa.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Well...I think that these last times Royals are not the beatiful princes and princess they used to be. This is true..Maybe our era reflects in our dirigence's faces! However, the new generation seems to be worth enough, but sometimes beatiful angellic babies could turn into monstruous persons!
Are you thinking of someone in particular?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Prince Charles doesn't love the beatiful Lady Diana and rather wanted to pass his life with another woman, by far not so beatiful.
Diana had her faults too- sometimes people (I'm not saying you in this!) want to cast Diana as this perfect person, and Camilla as the evil....rottweiler. But Diana had her faults too.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Astrid View Post
Ok you know what I am really starting to dislike royals....they dont LOOK normal....I mean dont they have pimples and scars all over their bodies or have flat chests or wear hearing aids like me? Or do they have to be PERFECT looking with the BEST clothes and the LATEST stuff in everything? To me that smells like hollywood (which I DONT care for)...and the men ALWAYS have to go for the best looking girls (ie models) ....sigh cant they just date a plain looking girl NOOOO ...sigh. I used to have a crush on many of the royal guys ...but since there are so few left. Now I just plain envy the women who date them.sorry about my rant ....No fairy tales for me ever again:(
Dont you think you are being a little too dramatic about this? Royals are in the constant eye of the media and the public. They have to put their best face forward at all times. Similar to Hollywood? Maybe so, but that is the life they lead because we as "commoners" want and expect to see royals as elegant, well mannered and beautiful. Its all a facade girl. Dont you see that? They lead a life that we will never have unless for some reason a miracle happens. You cannot be so obsessed with how they look , who they marry and how they dress. They are people that are taught from birth to be who they are. The only difference is that they have titles and more money than us regular folk. Accept it. Dont base your life and your qualities on people that are living in a world we will probably never experience. Be happy with who you are. There are alot of people who would give anything to live that fairytale life, I would , but I know I cant go into depression knowing it probably wouldnt happen. Thats not logical. Enjoy who YOU are.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

I would actually only place a handful of these royals in the category of handsome or beautiful. I think the majority of us have somewhat tainted minds about these royals. In many regards these royals are placed on pedestals. And beauty is often associated with royalty. But in reality very few of them would turn heads if they were not King/Queen Fill in the blank, Prince/Princess Fill in the blank. For example, back in 2005 just after Prince Sverre was born, I was anxious one day to log in and see the new pictures of the family. My mom happened to be in the room and she came over to look at the pictures as well. Her impressions of Mette-Marit were not thoughts of beauty in any way. My point is that since many of us here know exactly who these royals are we tend to look at them differently and we automatically view them to be better than the average person. But someone that doesn't have a clue who they are looking at might have a different opinion of that royal's looks.

Despite many of these royals falling short in the looks department they have many other advantages that help them all out: great hairstyles, nice clothes, expensive make-up, and pricey jewelry. With all those things in a person's favor, anyone can look handsome/beautiful.

Another thing that I think may be the secret beauty weapon for some of these royals is confidence. Some of them, certainly not all, just walk and conduct themselves with a very high level of confidence which makes them look even better to us.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I would actually only place a handful of these royals in the category of handsome or beautiful. I think the majority of us have somewhat tainted minds about these royals. In many regards these royals are placed on pedestals. And beauty is often associated with royalty. But in reality very few of them would turn heads if they were not King/Queen Fill in the blank, Prince/Princess Fill in the blank. For example, back in 2005 just after Prince Sverre was born, I was anxious one day to log in and see the new pictures of the family. My mom happened to be in the room and she came over to look at the pictures as well. Her impressions of Mette-Marit were not thoughts of beauty in any way. My point is that since many of us here know exactly who these royals are we tend to look at them differently and we automatically view them to be better than the average person. But someone that doesn't have a clue who they are looking at might have a different opinion of that royal's looks

Despite many of these royals falling short in the looks department they have many other advantages that help them all out: great hairstyles, nice clothes, expensive make-up, and pricey jewelry. With all those things in a person's favor, anyone can look handsome/beautiful.

Another thing that I think may be the secret beauty weapon for some of these royals is confidence. Some of them, certainly not all, just walk and conduct themselves with a very high level of confidence which makes them look even better to us.
Well put Aurora. You are quite correct.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971 View Post
With all due respect to CP Philippe, because he seems like a very nice guy. But, a good example of these unbalanced couples (in terms of looks), I think is CP Philippe and CP Mathilde of Belgium.

Mathilde is gorgeous and Phillipe, not so much.
think if his nephew amedeo married a plain looker....poor girl would have a compex from her own husband
Old 12-18-2007, 05:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady anne View Post
Dont you think you are being a little too dramatic about this? Royals are in the constant eye of the media and the public. They have to put their best face forward at all times. Similar to Hollywood? Maybe so, but that is the life they lead because we as "commoners" want and expect to see royals as elegant, well mannered and beautiful. Its all a facade girl. Dont you see that? They lead a life that we will never have unless for some reason a miracle happens. You cannot be so obsessed with how they look , who they marry and how they dress. They are people that are taught from birth to be who they are. The only difference is that they have titles and more money than us regular folk. Accept it. Dont base your life and your qualities on people that are living in a world we will probably never experience. Be happy with who you are. There are alot of people who would give anything to live that fairytale life, I would , but I know I cant go into depression knowing it probably wouldnt happen. Thats not logical. Enjoy who YOU are.
well said. i think we all wish at one point of time that we could live their lives, have their kind of money,titles etc etc.....god knows i do. but then again i also know that they are always under constant public pressure and media glare. and then i do a retake on that thought and say to myself give me my dog , a little house by the river and TV, internet and a phone(i do need some aspect of civilization around me) and i'm happy
Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Commoner

well look at the imbalance of Prince william and Kate.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Aristocracy

personally i think kate's better lookin......will's ost his sex appeal with his hair!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian princess View Post
personally i think kate's better lookin......will's ost his sex appeal with his hair!!!!
Oh my! Is he going bald? I never noticed. I have to disagree though, he is a handsome young man. Looks like his mum.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Gentry

If we would dress all royals with bathing clothes no makeups, etc. and gather them on the beachs it would look like a normal overfilled beach with normal people. The fact is that they have a lot of helpers and use them much more often than the normal people (the jewelery, clothes, gyms etc. and at least their money!)
"Clothes make the man" (pardon also the woman ) .... there is a wellknown fairytail.
The press also releases photos people like - so they dont put a bad looking prince into the pages when all the women know him as good looking. Most of you buy the magazines to find good looking royal pics ...
Sometimes they _have_ to play a hollywood role, and they are critizied and treated in a bad way when they do not.
Some years ago I met a so called and very well known super-model in private atmosphere and she is one of the highest paid ones, not a royal, but I think she also is looking best all the time, .. no she really doesnt, the press pics and videos are soooo different.
And royals have some advantages: They dont have to sit in artificial lighted offices all the day, work with dangerous or toxic chemicals, live in smoggy areas, drive by bike when its freezing outside, eat bad because cheap food ...
And whats about Prince Charles (a dumb(o) comment)
Sometimes also myfavroyal is looking not very well, she has a spot in her face ..., but I like the "complete picture" which is transfered via press, tv and web..
And, what the hell - we will never get the chance to meet them private - so let our dreams live on .

Old 12-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsUponTheWind View Post
If we would dress all royals with bathing clothes no makeups, etc. and gather them on the beachs it would look like a normal overfilled beach with normal people. The fact is that they have a lot of helpers and use them much more often than the normal people (the jewelery, clothes, gyms etc. and at least their money!)
"Clothes make the man" (pardon also the woman ) .... there is a wellknown fairytail.
The press also releases photos people like - so they dont put a bad looking prince into the pages when all the women know him as good looking. Most of you buy the magazines to find good looking royal pics ...
Sometimes they _have_ to play a hollywood role, and they are critizied and treated in a bad way when they do not.
Some years ago I met a so called and very well known super-model in private atmosphere and she is one of the highest paid ones, not a royal, but I think she also is looking best all the time, .. no she really doesnt, the press pics and videos are soooo different.
And royals have some advantages: They dont have to sit in artificial lighted offices all the day, work with dangerous or toxic chemicals, live in smoggy areas, drive by bike when its freezing outside, eat bad because cheap food ...
And whats about Prince Charles (a dumb(o) comment)
Sometimes also myfavroyal is looking not very well, she has a spot in her face ..., but I like the "complete picture" which is transfered via press, tv and web..
And, what the hell - we will never get the chance to meet them private - so let our dreams live on .
I guess if I had a whole team of people to help me look great everyday I could look like a princess as well. All I know is the majority of the royal women probably look like I do when I get up in the morning, SCARY!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Astrid View Post
Ok you know what I am really starting to dislike royals....they dont LOOK normal....I mean dont they have pimples and scars all over their bodies or have flat chests or wear hearing aids like me? Or do they have to be PERFECT looking with the BEST clothes and the LATEST stuff in everything? (
Are you familiar with Princess Elisabeth of Denmark?
Old 12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I guess if I had a whole team of people to help me look great everyday I could look like a princess as well. All I know is the majority of the royal women probably look like I do when I get up in the morning, SCARY!!!
Please send us a pic - I always wanted to know how a princess looks like in the early morning

Old 12-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsUponTheWind View Post
Please send us a pic - I always wanted to know how a princess looks like in the early morning
I'll see what I can do.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder View Post
Are you familiar with Princess Elisabeth of Denmark?
Now there's your bit of royalty who doesn't fit the "perfect" mold!