Your Favourite Royal Eyes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having met her, to me they look brown. Then again, I think that true green eyes are incredibly rare, and I wouldn't dare get caught up in a debate of what is hazel vs. what is brown, as to me hazel is just a shade of brown.

King Harald's eyes sometimes look more grey than blue, but I think that depends on the lighting, and that they're such a light shade of blue.

And ysbel, Christian's eyes were such a dark shade, that it was difficult to see. The blue of his father and grandmother is an incredibly light shade, and brown is the dominant colour... but then again, some reporters are still talking about Ingrid Alexandra's big blue eyes... so... *shrugs*

norwegianne said:
And ysbel, Christian's eyes were such a dark shade, that it was difficult to see. The blue of his father and grandmother is an incredibly light shade, and brown is the dominant colour... but then again, some reporters are still talking about Ingrid Alexandra's big blue eyes... so... *shrugs*

I agree Anne, his eyes definitely are dark. I thought I saw some blue highlights where the light hit his eyes, it could have been his mom's dress but he was looking away from her.

I wonder if a brown eyed parent and a light blue eyed parent can have a dark blue eyed child or does the child have to have either light blue eyes or brown eyes.

ysbel said:
I agree Anne, his eyes definitely are dark. I thought I saw some blue highlights where the light hit his eyes, it could have been his mom's dress but he was looking away from her.

I wonder if a brown eyed parent and a light blue eyed parent can have a dark blue eyed child or does the child have to have either light blue eyes or brown eyes.

Where genetics are concerned I think that they can even skip generations.

I have a friend who's got brown eyes, but her siblings, her parents and all four of her grandparents have blue eyes. It's not the case of mother or grandmothers having had affairs, but genetics playing around.

norwegianne said:
Where genetics are concerned I think that they can even skip generations.

I have a friend who's got brown eyes, but her siblings, her parents and all four of her grandparents have blue eyes. It's not the case of mother or grandmothers having had affairs, but genetics playing around.

...Two blue-eyed parents can't have a brown-eyed child genetically-speaking.

Two homozygous recessive individuals can only have homozygous recessive children. Blue eyes are governed by a recessive allele.

Actually the generics of eye color can be quite complicated. It involves more than one gene.

I fould an article that might be helpful. Here is another one.

Last edited:
In Prince Edward's case, how far back in the family would I have to look to find someone with green eyes, for him to have a green eye, without his parents, their parents nor his grandparents having green eyes.

...JuAnItA... said:
Grace of Monaco's eyes were blue, right?
Please, correct me if i'm wrong!
YEAH HER ARE DEFINETLEY BLUE BRIGHT BLUE SHE WAS VERY FAIR WHITE, BLOND HAIR BLUE EYES WHITE SKIN

I Know That Princes Caroline Of Monaco Has Hazel Eyes Meaning They Change Colors.

De La Cruza said:
I Know That Princes Caroline Of Monaco Has Hazel Eyes Meaning They Change Colors.

They seem to me blue/grey:confused:

All arab and middle eastern royals have brown to dark brown/black eyes,except:

Princess Lalla Salma: green
King Abdallah,prince faisal: Blue
Queen Noor:Blue/green

My favourite eye´s colors are the blue of the prince Felipe of Spain and his daughter Leonor and the green of the Princess Letizia.

It is of my aknoweledge that people said that Letitzia eyes looked green and brown , same way with King Jaun Carlos and Cristina well most likley their eyes are hazel. Thats what hazel is they change different colors and most of the time hazel eyes are golden color,light brown,green,grenish brown. I'm pretty sure in my opinion their eyes are hazel andI think The King Jaun Carloses eyes are light brown and the daughters are hazel same way with Letitzia.

Haakon

Actually Haakon's eyes are not brown but blue ( no really pale blue)
An what about Leah Isadora???

norwegianne said:
Norwegian Royal Family:
King Harald: Blue
Queen Sonja: Brown
Princess Ragnhild: Blue
Princess Astrid: Blue
Princess Märtha Louise: Blue
Ari Behn: Brown
Crown Prince Haakon: Brown
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Blue
Princess Ingrid Alexandra: Brown
Prince Sverre Magnus: Dark Blue (I have heard it said that all newborns have blue eyes, but I don't know for how long after the birth they still are blue?)
Marius: Blue
Maud Angelica Behn: Blue

Nikolai

Prince Nikolai's eyes are blue also.

norwegianne said:
Danish Royals:
Queen Margrethe: Blue
Prince Henrik: Brown
Crown Prince Frederik: Blue
Crown Princess Mary: Brown
Prince Christian: brown?
Prince Joachim: Blue
Princess Alexandra: Brown
Prince Nikolai: Blue or are they brown?
Prince Felix: Blue
Princess Benedikte: Blue
Princess Elisabeth: Blue

elenaris said:
Actually Haakon's eyes are not brown but blue ( no really pale blue)
An what about Leah Isadora???

Leah Isadora has blue eyes.

I'm pretty sure Haakon's eyes are brown. There are quite a few close-ups where you can see they're brown.

Do you have a picture to prove otherwise?

crisiñaki said:
What about the Greek Royal Family? I think Alexia's eyes are green as shown in this picture:

Source: Wireimage

What about the rest of the family?:rolleyes:
Their brown not green or dark hazel.

De La Cruza said:
It is of my aknoweledge that people said that Letitzia eyes looked green and brown , same way with King Jaun Carlos and Cristina well most likley their eyes are hazel. Thats what hazel is they change different colors and most of the time hazel eyes are golden color,light brown,green,grenish brown. I'm pretty sure in my opinion their eyes are hazel andI think The King Jaun Carloses eyes are light brown and the daughters are hazel same way with Letitzia.

I'm totaly sure that CP Letizia has green eyes!

What about Swedish Royals, specially Victoria and Queen Sylvia?
And Belgium, Amedeo and Louise eye color

crisiñaki said:
What about Swedish Royals, specially Victoria and Queen Sylvia?
And Belgium, Amedeo and Louise eye color

Victoria's and Q.Silvia's eyes are brown.

I think Letizia's eyes are not totally a pure green,they are kind of hazelnut,which is a mix of brown and green,and depending on the light,they look more closer to the brown or to the green side.

Yes i agree with you MonaLisa, to me, i mostly see her eyes as hazelnut/ brown, its like you have to look hard to see the green.

Princess Letizia has green dark eyes with small brown specks.But Letiza has a BEAUUUUUUUUUTIFUL green eyes......

King Juan Carlos has green eyes, just like his daugther Infanta Cristina:
20r5lcg.jpg

Source: getty images

Now this is a slightly off-topic question. How many of the younger royals (Prince Phillipe of Belgium and younger...) wear glasses and/or contact lenses regularly. I've only noticed Dutch Prince Constantijn and Belgian Prince Laurent wearing glasses.

Claire said:
I must say that the British royal family, is really outclassed when it comes to eyes. They all have various shades of blue, and it is not really anything to write about.
The odd one out would have to be Prince Edward who has one blue eye and one the other is patially green. Must have been a resisieve gene or something.
You made it sound bad, that they have blue eyes. Considering many people in the uk have eyes its not really surprising. In fact blue eyes are rare. I read somewhere Sarah ferguson has hazel eyes which change colours, so Princess Beatrice and Eugenie could also have hazel eyes. But I think they are blue.

Last edited:
you´r seeing green eyes everywhere. The infantas have both brown eyes!!

CP Frederik has the most beautiful blue eyes ever; thankfully his son inherited them. :)

Prince Harry also has beautiful eyes as well.

Last edited:
1. Princess Diana's blue eyes were very expressive.
2 Princess Caroline's brown eyes

sirhon11234 said:
1. Princess Diana's blue eyes were very expressive.
2 Princess Caroline's brown eyes
Princess Caroline has blue eyes

I just wanted to say that I love Felipe's BIG BLUE EYES...ahhh....

Back
Top Bottom