The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Yennie, isn't there a photo of her treading on someone's foot? I even think there's a thread dedicated to some of the funny things she's done, but I might be wrong.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Thank you! :)

Old 07-16-2005, 04:07 AM
Gentry

I don't know that I've seen clumsy royals at work, but there have been some really odd pictures from events....facial expressions and the like. Knowing that we have a thread for clumsy pics I will definately keep my eyes open!

A personal note to Danielle: Not everyone is sold out...you can buy them here: http://www.veganessentials.com/ I think they're around $5.00 a bag too!
Old 07-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkycat
A personal note to Danielle: Not everyone is sold out...you can buy them here: http://www.veganessentials.com/ I think they're around $5.00 a bag too!
I was on there the other day but didn't notice the marshmallows. Thank you very much. :)

Old 07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

I suppose clumsy acts like knocking over the furniture and walking into doors would have been more common in the days before contact lenses became available and female royals didn't want to wear glasses. But back then the press was probably more discreet about reporting it!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm sorry to mette marit's fans, but she comes to my mind when i think of clumsiness :s
her special hunchback way of walking that makes her look quite unelegant sometimes, the (don't remember if 1 or 2) times she had to use crutches and that time she fell in front of a house (i think it was in london) when coming out.

poor queen sofia... falling in front of the president of the united states wasn't a really good entrance. hillary could have been much more helpful: she just standed there looking at her without turning a hair while mr. clinton and the king helped her.

both martha louise and maxima (as far as i remember) got their long dresses "stepped on" by someone... (maxima in the national day and martha louise in a royal wedding, don't remember which one), not royal people but it's not nice stepping on someone's dress worth thousands of dollars :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Commoner

There is already a same thread .

Funny face of the royals thread is similar to this one.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i'm sorry to mette marit's fans, but she comes to my mind when i think of clumsiness :s
her special hunchback way of walking that makes her look quite unelegant sometimes,
I wouldn't say that this is clumsy of Mette-Marit though. It's poor posture for sure, but it's not clumsy.

Quote:
the (don't remember if 1 or 2) times she had to use crutches and that time she fell in front of a house (i think it was in london) when coming out.
I think this is part of my trouble with this thread. Unless you live with someone or spend a lot of time with them, you can't really tell if someone is clumsy. Being clumsy implies fumbling around incessantly. If you trip or fall once or twice (and as royals have the bad luck of being photographed for the world to see when doing so), well, that's just life. Who hasn't tripped now and then? Or who hasn't suffered an injury from participating in sports? At least one of the occasions Mette-Marit was on crutches was the result of a skiing accident. Plenty of people injure themselves while skiing annually but that doesn't make them clumsy.

Quote:
poor queen sofia... falling in front of the president of the united states wasn't a really good entrance. hillary could have been much more helpful: she just standed there looking at her without turning a hair while mr. clinton and the king helped her.
I think it might've been considered polite and gentlemanly for President Clinton to reach out and help Queen Sofia up. It would've looked even worst if Hillary had reached out and helped Queen Sofia up while President Clinton stood there staring at her without turning a hair.

Quote:
both martha louise and maxima (as far as i remember) got their long dresses "stepped on" by someone... (maxima in the national day and martha louise in a royal wedding, don't remember which one), not royal people but it's not nice stepping on someone's dress worth thousands of dollars :)
But getting your dressed on isn't the result of clumsiness on Martha Louise or Maxima's part. They didn't step on the trains of their own dresses. And I'm sure that nobody intended to step on the trains of their dresses (making "not nice" redundant); simply that it was an accident -- that whomever wasn't paying attention to how fast Martha Louise and Maxima were walking and accidentally stepped on their dress. (The one time was at Haakon and Mette-Marit's pre-wedding dinner and King Constantine stepped on Martha Louise's dress.)

Again, I think you have to know someone before you can judge them clumsy. A trip here and there, a mis-step or a fall here and there doesn't amount to labelling someone as clumsy. A picture of a royal stumbling now and then doesn't mean they are clumsy. That is like saying that just because you've seen a royal pictured with a glass of wine in their hands a couple of times that they are an alcoholic.

I had a roommate in university who was truly clumsy. She banged into every corner in our apartment. Every morning she banged into something, whether it was her bed post as she was getting up in the morning or the wall opposite her door on the way to the bathroom in the morning. I never got out of bed until I could hear go "Oooph" then "Owww." There is a big difference between my roommate's clumsiness and Queen Sofia tripping on the steps up to the White House or Mette-Marit having a skiing accident and ending up on crutches or King Constantine stepping on Martha Louise's train.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
But getting your dressed on isn't the result of clumsiness on Martha Louise or Maxima's part. They didn't step on the trains of their own dresses. And I'm sure that nobody intended to step on the trains of their dresses (making "not nice" redundant); simply that it was an accident -- that whomever wasn't paying attention to how fast Martha Louise and Maxima were walking and accidentally stepped on their dress. (The one time was at Haakon and Mette-Marit's pre-wedding dinner and King Constantine stepped on Martha Louise's dress.)
no, no... not saying it was their fault... but the people who stepped on them. poor girls with those faboulous dresses... it's not any nice seeing someone stteping on them! however they both reacted normally and smiled :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Nobility

A picture of Queen Margrethe literally lying on the floor: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=15123
Old 07-22-2005, 03:04 AM
Courtier

Wow, it's a wonder she didn't hurt herself.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Gentry

Where did that happen?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doña Metizia
Where did that happen?
It happen at the Rebil festival the 4/6 in the 80´s i am not shur when in the 80´s.

Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I read somewhere, a long time ago, that Queen Ingrid thought Margrethe was clumsy and the Queen yelled at her daughter for stepping on her train.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Gentry

whahahahahaha
Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
A picture of Queen Margrethe literally lying on the floor: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=15123
Whoa.....that was some fall, she looks unconcious!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Commoner

why was queen margrethe lyin on the floor? it is so funny. uuuhhhh, queen sofia... i know hilary should have done somthing. if i was one of those guards at the background, i would have laughed. but i don't think sophia is clumsy at all. she is very elegant and every bit the queen. i think if you're being watched all the time, youll slip once in a while.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Sarah, duchess of york tripped in her new shoes when she went meet some well-wishers after the birth of one of her daughters.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS
Sarah, duchess of york tripped in her new shoes when she went meet some well-wishers after the birth of one of her daughters.
that sounds like something she would do:)

Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj00192557
why was queen margrethe lyin on the floor? it is so funny. uuuhhhh, queen sofia... i know hilary should have done somthing. if i was one of those guards at the background, i would have laughed. but i don't think sophia is clumsy at all. she is very elegant and every bit the queen. i think if you're being watched all the time, youll slip once in a while.
Queen Margrethe toke the fall because she was in that time using som very high heels on her shoes.
Later on her doctors has tolde her to use som lower heels because she has som very fragile knees.