The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Christmas & Holiday Gifts for Royals, 2006

It's that time again- time for the happy winter holidays. And many of us, along with many of our royals, will be giving and receiving gifts. What will they give one another? What should they give or receive? Tell us who would give it, who would recieve it, what it would be, and why! Be nice, and smile! Happy Holidays, and for some, Happy Thanksgiving.

(And don't forget- Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of religion- I just want this to be a fun, warm and fuzzy thread for the season)

I would give, CPss Mathilde (from K Albert and Q Paola, or from CP Philippe) a new tiara- she needs it. All the other CPss's have access to at least two, and so should she. She's been married the longest. (And I'm sick of her old one)

Old 11-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Nobility

I would give Prince Christian a reindeer hat and mittens so he can play in the snow and Princess Mary some good books to read.She might also be having food cravings so some goodies from a chocolate shop.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Royal Christmas Presents

Can we start a thread about presents the Royals exchange among themselves or to others? I remember seeing lots of photos of jewelry that was described as Prince so and so's Christmas present to Princess This and That.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Royal Highness

Interesting topic! I wonder what royals give each other for Christmas presents. Do you think they draw names because they buy for their staff members, etc. or do they have long shopping lists? Who would give their dad or mom (The King or Reigning Queen) a sweater?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Christmas Presents for Individual Royals in 2006

If money was no object, what would be the perfect gift for your favourite Royal or least favourite Royal.

HO HO HO!!!

Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Ok, let's see...

Crown Princess Maxima: a gift certificate to A Pea in the Pod
Crown Princess Mathilde: a new tiara. She's a crown princess, elegant, and beautiful. And she's even had three kids (an heir and two spares) so somebody please give this woman another tiara. If not for her, then for us here!

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll add more later.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:36 PM

For Camilla, I think it'd have to be a stunning emerald parure of tiara, two bracelets, a necklace, rings, earrings and brooches. And of course it would forever be known as the Queen Camilla Parure.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Who would give their dad or mom (The King or Reigning Queen) a sweater?
probably more of them than we can imagine...

even thought they are royals..at the end of the day they are also normal people...

& about the topicthingy in question... maybe the "closer" ones give the ones they are closer to prezzies... like all the scandinavians exchange or so?... somehow i kinda doubt for example the swedish royal family will send the prince of wales any present...
Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
For Camilla, I think it'd have to be a stunning emerald parure of tiara, two bracelets, a necklace, rings, earrings and brooches. And of course it would forever be known as the Queen Camilla Parure.
And a second parure (set in platinum) consisting of Burmese rubies, toss in tie tacks for Charles, William and Harry, plus ruby studded collars for the dogs(can't forget about the four-footed critters).
That would make a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

tons of hairspray for Beatrix and Fabiola and a private session with Trini and Susanna of ' What not to wear' to Maxima and Laurentien.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

I remember reading that one of Queen Elizabeth's children brought her things like rubber washing up gloves and a casserole dish and she loved them! (Not entirely sure if this is actually true)