The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is the "Best" Royal of 2005?
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands 16 8.00%
King Juan Carlos of Spain 15 7.50%
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden 27 13.50%
Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall 39 19.50%
Queen Rania of Jordan 32 16.00%
Princess Alexandra of Denmark 18 9.00%
Prince Albert of Monaco 9 4.50%
Prince Charles of Wales 7 3.50%
Princess Mary of Denmark 40 20.00%
Other, please specify in post 22 11.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Best Royal of 2005

I think the top Royals of 2005 are HRH Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall and HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark.

Camilla because she came into the RF on shaky grounds and into a nation that was still unsure of her and has won many over. She has shown complete grace and charm in her royal duties. She does a lot and has made Charles a much better man. She is charming, funny, and warm. She is also a very elegant dresser. A good wife to the heir and good royal.

Alexandra because she is the model princess. Everything a modern princess should be she is. She and her ex husband handled the divorce very well. She didnt go giving interviews about the problems and bash her ex and others. She has shown complete grace and is a wonderfull person. She is a great mother and deserves true happiness. Alexandra is a great asset to Denmark even after the divorce.

Edit: Poll added. Norwegianne.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

I think The Duchess of Cornwall. She's just great!

Old 11-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Hmm best royal for 05'. I would say Alexandra of Denmark. 05 hasn't been easy for her after the divorce and she has shown real grace, dignity and strength this year. She is a devoted mother and princess not just this year but since she became a princess and then mother. On a shallow level, she just keeps getting more beautiful with age and I think she deserves great happiness in the future. My vote must go to Princess Alexandra of Denmark.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Courtier

It kills me to say it but HRH the Duchess of Cornwall

"MII"
Old 11-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Very definitely a tie between ALexandra of Denmark and the Dutchess of Cornwall.

Although a more politically correct one would be Beatrix of the Netherlands, what with her being 25 years on the job this year (and mind you, NO personal scandal in all that time. yes, there've been scandals involving family members, but not her personally. Hats off to her! A true professional! I personally hope she'll put in another 25. can't stand the thought of her self righteous son getting the job)

Or..perhaps Albert of Monaco? He'd make a good candidate, too, for obvious reasons (no, I am not referring to his newly-acknowledged son.)
Old 11-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Very definitely a tie between ALexandra of Denmark and the Dutchess of Cornwall.

Although a more politically correct one would be Beatrix of the Netherlands, what with her being 25 years on the job this year (and mind you, NO personal scandal in all that time. yes, there've been scandals involving family members, but not her personally. Hats off to her! A true professional! I personally hope she'll put in another 25. can't stand the thought of her self righteous son getting the job)

Or..perhaps Albert of Monaco? He'd make a good candidate, too, for obvious reasons (no, I am not referring to his newly-acknowledged son.)
It's a little of topic, but why do you consider W-A self-righteous?

And, yes, I forgot about Beatrix! She certainly has done a great job!:) But, she isn't completely scandal-free. There was an issue with her choosing Prince Claus for her husband, but that was smoothed over fairly quickly.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Nobility

I agree with all on HH P Alexandra and The Duchess of Cornwall (it kills me to admit it too).

Whoever thought I would look forward to seeing what Camilla Parker-Bowles wears? But she really has a great fashion sense--love that velvet. And it's kind of amusing to see the lack of disapproval from The Prince of Wales when she brings 50 dresses across the Atlantic for a visit to the U.S. I'm sure Diana would have gotten grief and been considered a clotheshorse intellectual lightweight for the same behavior.

Also, Camilla looks so happy at all of these events. It's hard not to like her.

Princess Alexandra will always be my favorite. I wish this year hadn't happened as it did for her.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands - she does it with style, grace, class, and dignity all the way.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Prince Felipe & Crown Princess Letizia of Spain - who has been extremly busy with royal duties but did all of them with pleasure, gracefulness, and sincerity. at the end of the year, they managed to give us a great pleasure by presenting la Infanta Leonor (who is very very adorable, cute, and beautiful)

the whole Spanish Royal Family : King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina & Urdangarin family, Infanta Elena & Marichalar family have contributed to many joy this year from their easter holiday & summer holiday in palma de mallorca (we've definetely seen so many beautiful & adorable photos of them), also on family events like Irene's baptism, and their visits to Infanta Leonor. They're hardworkers and a really mature but down-to-earth royal family.

i agree on Princess Alexandra of Denmark - she has proven us divorce is not something to be sorry about, but it become a motivator for her to keep going on with her royal events, and even more busy toward the end of the year by doing humanitarian visits to South Africa, & Sri Langka, she also dazzles us in London (with that green dress), recently in Russia, and definetely on norwegian royal visit. moreover, she continue to be a really good mother to Nikolai & Felix. divorce never look good on anyone as with her, she looks younger and seems more fresh.

Norwegian Royal Family, including King Harald & Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit has given us extreme joy this year with their centenial celebrations, starting from exhibition in London, gala at drammen thetre, celebration at parliament, and their many many royal visit in & out of norway. in Japanese royal visit, Mette-Marit gracely curtsey to the Emperor & Empress and accompany them with pleasure even though she's pregnant. in Swedish royal visit & visit to Denmark, the scandinavian royals given us lots & lots of glitter. And of course, who could ever forget their royal visit to United Kingdom, in which we saw glitter, elegant dresses, and a visibly heavily pregnant Crown Princess.

Queen Beatrix of Netherlands also has unbelievable amazing year with all her Silver Jubilee visit to all provinces in the country and a very happy Queen’s Day. Little Princesses and little Count & Countess give her family pleasure and happiness. Also, the Vollenhovens’ Pieter-Christian & Floris wives Anita & Aimee joined the ever so popular princely family.

On a lighter note, this month we also saw Princess Sayako of Japan become Mrs.Sayako Kuroda. A mixed feelings as she has to leave her royal life to become just ordinary citizen.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Gentry

Zara Phillips of England.... Not only is she an excellent sportswoman in her own right, but she is a fashion icon and a great ambassador for us. Zara devotes her spare time to so many charity causes and is patron of a great great cause!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:16 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This was the year of Queen Beatrix. She was so busy with her jubilee and radiated like never before. Thumbs up to her and I hope she will have a rest in the next year so that she can recover from her knee operation (& enjoy her grandchildren more).
Old 11-21-2005, 05:27 AM
Courtier

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden absolutly, she works a lot in the Royal Duties
Old 11-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Hashim of Jordan, because it was courageous at 9/11.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth II. The best royal every year for me.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Both princely couples: Felipe&Letizia and Frederick&Mary (many duties, first children).
Princess Alexandra of Denmark (divorce - still in great form, duties).
Princess Sayako (new, different life).
TM Queens Elizabeth II and Beatrix.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla is definitely the best royal of 2005. other royals are fabulous all round. but i think her wedding and amazing performance afterward makes her the best of the year.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll definitely say that King Harald of Norway ranks up there - he recovered quickly from his cancer, (even if that was 2004), set out on a heavy programme for 2005. Only to be twarthed by heart-problems and effectively needing surgery. After a brief recuperating period, he was back on his feet and performing just as hard programme as he had been doing before the surgery. With plenty of official business to take care of... he's doing much more than others coming straight from two intensive surgeries might at that age.

That, and he's got the cutest trio of granddaughters
Old 11-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I vote for it being Queen Beatrix's year.

Last year she had a very difficult year with losing both of her parents on the heels of losing her beloved husband. This year the Queen was stronger and better than ever. She celebrated her jubilee -- an impressive feat in of itself -- and she celebrated it with great aplomb and enthusiasm. All those tours she made in and around the Netherlands to celebrate where her fellow Dutchmen welcomed her with open arms and she was so receptive right back at them, those great family-filled celebrations around Queen's Day with those concerts and parties.

Plus, she became a grandmother again twice over with the addition of Luana and Alexia to her family, and an aunt-in-law twice over with the addition of Anita and Aimée.

This year seemed to be very much about the queen as it was about family, and I think those are two very important things.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Majesty

I voted for another Royal, not just because I'm a big fan of her but it was a really difficult for her and her family. I'm talking about Princess Caroline. Her father dies, her husband got seriously sick and her son had some problems with the press. She seems to handle all of it pretty great. And I adore her for that. Really a great woman and a great Princess!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Princess Máxima, Princess Mary & Queen Beatrix