Best-Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • Princess Beatrice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Princess Eugenie

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Crown Princess Mathilde

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Crown Princess Mary

Votes: 78 13.2%
  • Countess Alexandra

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Princess Laurentien

• Princess Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Noor

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Queen Rania

Votes: 76 12.8%
  • Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Princess Grace

Votes: 81 13.7%
  • Princess Caroline

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Princess Stephanie

• Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 38 6.4%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Letizia

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Infanta Elena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infanta Cristina

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote goes for Princess Grace.

I would have voted for her too, but I thought the OP meant CURRENT Royal women, women who are still alive.

That's why I didn't vote for Grace.

Again? Princess of Asturias (which is NOT one of my favorites) doesn't suffers of any eating disorder nor any illness. I'm exactly like her, and I gets angry when someone aproaches me and ask: "Are you feeling O.K recently? "....ARRRGHHH. How I wish to be fat! And I uppose that Princess Letizia must have been thinking the same since she became a public person. These comments about a peron being thn are extremely disgusting.

Oh, yes...I don't think that we have authentic beauties among our current royal women. Princess Charlotte is the only one of them I can said it's a beauty..and maybe Orincess Madeleine of Sweden? She is certainly a lady. We must wait some few years just to see if Infanta Leonor turns to be the beatiful princess she seems she will be. :)

Vanesa.

I think you misunderstand. I never stated definitively that the Princess has an eating disorder, but sometimes she has appeared alarmingly thin. I just don't think gaunt women are attractive, it ages you and hardens your features.

And yes you are correct, fat is not beautiful or healthy either.

My vote goes to Maxima. I think she is a very beautiful woman and i love her aura.

I also think Queen Paola was a very beautiful woman and still is.
And Queen Sonja is looking fantastic for her age.

How different opinions can be..
IMO Princess Mary is one of the most beautiful royal ladies nowadays. ;)
She has a very beautiful smile and a pretty face. She's very elegant and nearly always beautifully dressed.
During the Visit from Brazil she just looked like the Image of a Princess.
So, I think Mary is beautiful.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! :flowers: I was totally blown away by Mary's elegance and beauty with this State Visit. Every picture of her from this State Visit just blew me away.........those pictures are absolutely breathtaking!!!!!
jumping-smiley-017.gif

During the Visit from Brazil, Crown Princess Mary looked so stunning, beautiful and elegant........... she is every inch a real princess! :wub:

Below is a very beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary and I also think Mary is beautiful!!!!!!!!

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8830/7203868polfotofw4.jpg

Last edited:
i am sorry to say, but i couldn't find mary plainer. she obviously changed a lot and her advisor's ideas on how to dress are marvellous, but i cannot say she is beautiful. she may be stylish, she may be elegant... but beautiful? i find her quite plain looking, someone that if you saw her on the street and didn't know she was princess of denmark, you wouldn't pay too much attention to. with this i'm not saying she is ugly, but i don't think either that she is beautiful... quite average looking. of course, as i said, her perfect make up and her amazing stylist did help her a lot and she is now a lot prettier than before.

i always thought letizia was beautiful when i saw her at the television (her journalist era) but now she lost quite a lot of weight and doesn't look like she used to.

grace kelly was obviously really beautiful and elegant, but i think there were prettier princesses of her generation: the now queens of denmark and belgium, respectively, are a good example. margrethe and paola (especially paola) were really beautiful ladies!

mathilde and mette-marit, to me, are quite average looking as well, but their fair traces are so princessy... they totally look like fairy-tale princesses and always dress so appropriately.

charlotte is obviously gorgeous and so is her mum caroline.

And Queen Sonja is looking fantastic for her age.
I agree. :flowers:She was such a beauty when she was younger and she still is very beautiful, IMO.
She doesn't have a "perfect face" either (she also has a big nose.. but in a way it suits her.. the same way it also suits Letizia btw).
In her younger ages she was beautiful in a cute way (like Märtha Louise today). She and Harald made such a handsome couple.. and I think they still do.

Last edited:
I agree. :flowers:She was such a beauty when she was younger and she still is very beautiful, IMO.
She doesn't have a "perfect face" either (she also has a big nose.. but in a way it suits her.. the same way it also suits Letizia btw).
In her younger ages she was beautiful in a cute way (like Märtha Louise today). She and Harald made such a handsome couple.. and I think they still do.

Wait, wait, wait ...
Everyone speaks here about big noses ( for Queen Sonja and mostly for Princess Letizia ) . But have you all ever seen true big noses ? Sonja and Letizia in any cases do have big noses . Their noses are not mini but they still look rather small . How would call Jennifer's Lopez's nose then for example ? (I'm sorry, it's no J Lo thread, but I needed an example ...) For me, that is a big nose !:eek: Letizia's one is mini in comparison . So please stop speaking with the word "big" about beautiful Sonja and Letizia ...:flowers:

Beauty IS not a virtue. It's a quality, but NOT a virtue.

You are right, them...Mary hasn´t this quality.

If I saw Mary walking by the street as a normal woman she would not get my attention, she is nice with make up and without make up she is completely normal.
But it´s just my opinion...

You are right, them...Mary hasn´t this quality.
Au contraire. She does possess such quality, one only needs to take a look at the latetest picture of her to see it. As a matter of fact, she almost always looks perfect, and never flashy.

She's not the most beautiful person I've ever seen (bone structure wise), I've already said that. I would argue however, she is the MOST sophisticated of all the new princesses, and that's BEAUTY in itself. In order to look immaculate with make up, one needs to have some degree of beauty in the first place(notice her simplicity too).

And for the record, I think Letizia is beautiful as well. VARIETY, wonderful isn't it? :flowers:

Last edited:
None of the current crown princesses are classically pretty women in the mold of a Princess Grace or a Queen Paola (in their respective youths). So, in the absense of great beauty, thinnness, skin, hair, style, money, grooming and luck determine looks. Here is my rundown:

Letizia: The most interesting to look at. Certainly not classically pretty, but she has a delicacy (in part due to her thinness, I think) that is very compelling. She also has, despite her thinness, curves in the right places. There is something likeable about her face and expression, and she grows on me more with time.

Mary: Also interesting to look at, but in a less positive way. I'm not a big fan, but I think she has great legs and occasionally I like her clothes. Her face is odd; I find myself trying to figure out what is wrong there, although sometimes the camera catches her at the right angle and she looks really good. Her biggest flaw is her expression; even when she smiles she doesn't look truly happy. I can't figure it out.

Mathilde: She radiates serenity. She is lovely and I enjoy her pictures. But she is not as purely interesting to look at as some of the others.

Mette: I kind of admire her determination, but not her looks. She is very straight and flat; her hair is straight, she is tall and her clothes are tailored. Even the hair piece she wore recently instead of a hat was a flat bow on a band. She looks best when pregnant, probably because of the roundness. In general, I find her looks and choice of clothes kind of boring.

Maxima: She is all about the smile. How can you not like her? I don't think she is aging well (too much sun?) but she will just smile more and wear brighter colors and bigger hats. Good for her.

Camilla: There is something to be said for being truly happy. She may not be beautiful or even a little pretty, but she has self respect, a surprisingly good sense of style and a man that really, really loves her. So she glows.

What is great about each of these women is that they were chosen despite their average looks to be the wives of some of the most eligible bachelors of our time. So there's hope for all of us.

Last edited:
I voted for Crown Princess Victoria. I think she is very pretty and when she smiles her whole face lights up.

Mary seems to have a lot of fans in this forum....
In my opiniion, she is pretty, or maybe she is beautiful, but I really can't stand her posing all the times.;)
She looks like she thinks to be the most beautiful woman and the only princess in the world.
None of the others princesses pose/posed like she does.
Not even :flowers:Grace that was an actress.
To me this makes her less beautiful then most of the others princesses...
Anyways, it is only my opinion.....
:flowers:To all the fans of Mary:please don't get mad!!!

I'm not mad because whenever Mary steps out, like she did with the visit from the Brazilian President, her BEAUTY gets even for her "fans".

I'm not mad because whenever Mary steps out, like she did with the visit from the Brazilian President, her BEAUTY gets even for her "fans".

You know, we all have different tastes...
Anyways, I didn't write that she is ugly, but that I don't like her because she poses all the times..
Anyways, I like what you wrote:"her BEAUTY gets even for her "fans".
Sounds poetic.

she poses all the times..

You're idea of posing must be entirely different to mine :)

trying to figure out what is wrong there

Quite an untactful thing to say. You're trying to find what's "wrong" there, as if the Crown Princess has something "wrong", some abnormality with her appearance and quite clearly, she does not.

You're idea of posing must be entirely different to mine :)

Quite an untactful thing to say. You're trying to find what's "wrong" there, as if the Crown Princess has something "wrong", some abnormality with her apperance and quite clearly, she does not.

I think she is wright... it´s a weird thing to say, but i always though... she is a kind of pretty, but there is something in her face .... i don´t know, it doesn´t fit...

Sorry to say that but i think Mary is not a natural beauty

Perhaps with ´wrong´ not an abnormality is ment but just something that one doesn´t like about a persons appearance but that one can not place immediately.

That happens all the time to all of us, on the street, at work etc. We might have a dislike for people we see for the first time, based on...what? An expression, a way of holding ones head, lipt that are too thin, eyes that are to wide apart etc.. not exactly placable but you just feel there is just something ´wrong´ about the person.

Back to the topic, I said before that Paola was IMHO the prettiest, which I still think she was. But at the moment I think that Mette-Marit is the one with the most potential. It is a great pity that she doesn´t know how to show it all the time but if she gives it a try she can be absolutely stunning.

I think she is wright... it´s a weird thing to say, but i always though... she is a kind of pretty, but there is something in her face .... i don´t know, it doesn´t fit...

Sorry to say that but i think Mary is not a natural beauty

You think it's right to say something is "wrong" with anothers face just because it's unique, because it's their own?

We all have a different physical scructure so I can't see how there's something "wrong" with Mary's face.

And you're of course welcome to your opnion as are we all :) though my response was aimed at the conjecture that there is something "wrong" with Mary's appearance, which proceeds to insinuate that there is some sort of physical deformity.

Perhaps with ´wrong´ not an abnormality is ment but just something that one doesn´t like about a persons appearance but that one can not place immediately.

If that is then the case, Marengo, then an alternative phrase should be considered because "wrong" is certainly not the appropriate word to be used.

Last edited:
That depends if you are a native english speaker or not perhaps. In my own language the equivalent of wrong would be a normal thing to use in this particular case. I assume there are other language where the word wrong has a different ´sound´ than an abnormality.

Quite true...

Though given royaltywatcher is from the US (not claiming I know the history of this person in any way as I certainly do not), the term "wrong", has the same definition and insinuation, in US, as it does the Australia. Hence my initial response.

Last edited:
But at the moment I think that Mette-Marit is the one with the most potential. It is a great pity that she doesn´t know how to show it all the time but if she gives it a try she can be absolutely stunning.

Totally agree . She has a so much naturally beautiful face with a regular bone structure . A beautiful skin and typical looks . :wub: Mette-Marit has the potential to be the most beautiful indeed ...

We all have a different physical scructure so I can't see how there's something "wrong" with Mary's face.

It's just my opinion of course, but I find Mary has a not so beautiful mouth that is too little and has too thin lips comparing to the rest of her face . That is a flaw to me and that is maybe the reason I find that her face looks sometimes pretentious and her smile very wry ...:unsure:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's a very subjective thing. Of course, everyone has a face that's unique. But there is a standard of beauty most people would agree to. Why are people attacking others' opinions just because those posters don't think someone's beautiful but couldn't explain it?
By "wrong", the poster may mean Mary's face isn't pleasing to her/his eyes for some reasons but s/he couldn't put her/his finger on it. It doesn't need to mean deformity.

Personally, I wouldn't rate Mary as a beauty either. Her chin or the third part of her face - from the nose down - is too long proportionally. Her face is a bit too narrow from the classical beauty standard. Princess Grace was a classical beauty. Rania comes the closest as a classical beauty, with some help with the nose job. Letizia has the features and the bone structure that are more in line with the current beauty standard, evidence from the models in ads. MM's bone structure has a bit too many angles and is too strong.

May I nominate Leonor as the up-and-coming beauty? She'll take the world by storm in...oh, about 16 years. :lol:

None of the current crown princesses are classically pretty women in the mold of a Princess Grace or a Queen Paola (in their respective youths). So, in the absense of great beauty, thinnness, skin, hair, style, money, grooming and luck determine looks. Here is my rundown:

Letizia: The most interesting to look at. Certainly not classically pretty, but she has a delicacy (in part due to her thinness, I think) that is very compelling. She also has, despite her thinness, curves in the right places. There is something likeable about her face and expression, and she grows on me more with time.

Mary: Also interesting to look at, but in a less positive way. I'm not a big fan, but I think she has great legs and occasionally I like her clothes. Her face is odd; I find myself trying to figure out what is wrong there, although sometimes the camera catches her at the right angle and she looks really good. Her biggest flaw is her expression; even when she smiles she doesn't look truly happy. I can't figure it out.

Mathilde: She radiates serenity. She is lovely and I enjoy her pictures. But she is not as purely interesting to look at as some of the others.

Mette: I kind of admire her determination, but not her looks. She is very straight and flat; her hair is straight, she is tall and her clothes are tailored. Even the hair piece she wore recently instead of a hat was a flat bow on a band. She looks best when pregnant, probably because of the roundness. In general, I find her looks and choice of clothes kind of boring.

Maxima: She is all about the smile. How can you not like her? I don't think she is aging well (too much sun?) but she will just smile more and wear brighter colors and bigger hats. Good for her.

Camilla: There is something to be said for being truly happy. She may not be beautiful or even a little pretty, but she has self respect, a surprisingly good sense of style and a man that really, really loves her. So she glows.

What is great about each of these women is that they were chosen despite their average looks to be the wives of some of the most eligible bachelors of our time. So there's hope for all of us.

Good post. I found myself nodding as I read your post. I agree with almost everything.

As for Mary's expression, I know what you meant. Mary's smile has too much self-consciousness rather than real radiance from within. Her body language is the same thing. It's like she's constantly *thinking* how she has to smile the right way and pose the right way for the camera. She's not smiling because she's happy to meet those people she's meeting or be where she is. That's not very attractive IMO. Do you agree?

As for Mary's expression, I know what you meant. Mary's smile has too much self-consciousness rather than real radiance from within. Her body language is the same thing. It's like she's constantly *thinking* how she has to smile the right way and pose the right way for the camera. She's not smiling because she's happy to meet those people she's meeting or be where she is. That's not very attractive IMO. Do you agree?

I agree . Beauty comes from inside too . I would say it's 50-50 . Inside and outside .:flowers:

Good post. I found myself nodding as I read your post. I agree with almost everything.

I do agree with you highpriestess!!!:flowers:
That is exactly what I meant when I said she poses all the times.
I was just wondering if this is dued to her great self confidence or to her lack of self confidence.
What would you feel like if you were a girl coming from working class and you were told to behave like a European royal princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom