Best-Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • Princess Beatrice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Princess Eugenie

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Crown Princess Mathilde

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Crown Princess Mary

Votes: 78 13.2%
  • Countess Alexandra

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Princess Laurentien

• Princess Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Noor

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Queen Rania

Votes: 76 12.8%
  • Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Princess Grace

Votes: 81 13.7%
  • Princess Caroline

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Princess Stephanie

• Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 38 6.4%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Letizia

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Infanta Elena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infanta Cristina

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madame Royale said:
But in comparison to say the Crown Princesses of Belgium, Norway, or the Netherlands for example (and respectively), Mary is more widely recognised given the distribution of the interest which stretches across the globe, from one continent to another. So you can stand by whatever comment you wish, Little_star ;)
Well I don't follow those Royal houses in any great detail so have no idea whether what you are saying is true or not.

Mary may be known in 2 continents but she is not the only one, as princess_olga has pointed out. Maxima is known in 2 continents, as is Letizia. Other Royals are known in more.

However all this is OT.

Well, I think that Queen Paola definately deserves an honourable mention here, she was extremely beautiful in her prime and considered one of the prettiest women in Europe.

Eva-Britt and Marengo - you are so right- Paola was stunning when she was younger - in a league of her own!

The polls says it.. and so do I ..

FELIPE!

I cannot place Prince Amadeo from Belgium (SP???). Can someone help me with a picture???

Thanks!
Tenngirl

Agree re Paola however I for the life of me cannot put my finger on whether I like her personality or not. She either to me seems way arrogant, or way way indifferent, and down to earth and unpretentious. At other times she comes across as utterly depressed! And then..recently, when they did a documentary about her, I heard her voice for the first time. I thought she had a terribly unattractive voice, sorry. But yes there's no question that in her younger days, she just could outshine ANYone, including Grace of Monaco!

But her personality doesn't get points as far as I can understand it. Then again, I know next to nothing about the woman. Maybe we tend to vote for those who we also think we know a bit, like Letizia or Mary for example?

Little_star said:
Well I don't follow those Royal houses in any great detail so have no idea whether what you are saying is true or not.

Mary may be known in 2 continents but she is not the only one, as princess_olga has pointed out. Maxima is known in 2 continents, as is Letizia. Other Royals are known in more.

However all this is OT.
It's a bit on topic actually because as I think Madame Royale's point was, that for example a lot of votes might go to Mary because more people know her across various countries.
Gets me thinking that indeed, if, say, the majority of this forum was comprised of folks in, say, the United States, you might get a different outcome of this poll (more likely someone lik Diana, or Rania who often goes onto American talk shows) than if most of us were from, say, Latin America where more people might vote for for example Letizia.

princess olga said:
It's a bit on topic actually because as I think Madame Royale's point was, that for example a lot of votes might go to Mary because more people know her across various countries.

:) :)

Let's move away from how well known Mary is. This thread is for who you think is the most beautiful royal woman. Further off topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks

Royal Chit Chat Moderators

Prince Amedeo :in_love:.

princess olga said:
Not sure that's true compared to the Dutch crown princess given the fact that there are already over 16 million people in the Netherlands to begin with (compared to not even half that in Denmark), and Maxima is in Australia, Mary's home turf, almost as much recognized because of the many Dutch immigrants and folks of Dutch decent there. In Latin America, Maxima and Letizia have a real head's up because of the whole Latino/Spanish language angle. Not to get pedantic but if you're talking about recognition, Maxima definitely has a leg or two up from Mary. (if we're speaking of recognition that 'stretches from one continent to another', try Maxima's old turf of Argentina for example, a country of almost 40 million people, who almost all know exactly who the Dutch princess is!)

Not that there's anything wrong with that and to go back to the topic at hand, I <do> think that strictly speaking, Mary is more of a beauty than the Dutch crown princess, but in my opinion the latter has a charisma all her own that would dwarf Mary any day. Charming looking ladies though both of them and they both photograph well.

This whole discussion about beauty is so interesting because as we can see with someone like Rania, beauty can be bought (let's call a spade a spade: Rania's had help of plastic surgery professionals and then some). Rania is I think, de facto the most beautiful royal of the list, but I didn't vote for her because she got a lot of her looks by way of the credit card.

And as RoxSteve points out, ALL these ladies have the kind of means that can make ANY of us stand out above the crowd. To buy stylists, chefs, personal trainers, nannies, coaches, beauticians, make up artists, hair dressers, tailors, you name it. We mere mortals have to all do it ourselves. One reason why I voted for Grace: she was known to sew her own evening dresses & do her own make up!

Agree. PRincess Grace had a natural beauty. Not very made up. The others have way too much of everything. The clothes make you look beautiful...the hair/color/make up/diet/etc, etc, etc.

The vote is " who's the most beautiful royal woman" ? The question seems very simple and the result brings us a clear answer-for the moment- the Princess of Asturias with 18, 6%.:flowers:

But in fact the question is not lived so easely by some peticipants and, may be they are right.

To have a judgement about the beauty of this royal woman, yes you have to take account for that more than the simple appearences, more than the warde robe,more than the content of their vanity case and how they are abble to use it, more than the field of theirs activities, more than their love for their husband, more than their dedication for their country....If you have in your mind all this parameters, you should can vote for you more beautiful Royal :princess2:

I have to confess that I had voted for the Princess of Asturias whithout to think at all this think, only because it's for me an evident choice. But if I'm taking account all this parameters, I'm maintening my vote, because, the Princess of Asturias:
-She is not the perfect statuary beauty - chekbone to high, nose too long, etc..- but she is a soo living beauty, so expressive, glowing of joy, serious of work, so moving when she is too sad.
-She don't have a coach or an assessor of image. Except for a few details, and after to have seek a "princess's style", she is quiet the same than before her wedding, without to became a fan or a modal of the most great designers of the worldy
-As anchorwoman, she knows to make up herself - remember some of the people's TV who worked with her, had said that it was herself the most part of time who was checking her make up.
-I don't know if she is sewing her dress's hem - as the Queen of Spain for her gown to day of King Juan Carlos 's intronisation - but I'm quiet sur that Paloma Rocasolano had to lean her to do it.
-For her internal beauty and her country dedication: the two are very linked for her. May be for that, she is more lucky than others Crown Princess, becuse she is the "royal" of her country that it's obvious she is found of. It's not a second home for her; and as she had said the day of he presentation to the Press in november 2003, as she was totally involved , a a spanish woman, in her journalist work, she will totally involved as a Crown Princess for Spain and the spagnards.
-To end for the touch of great humanity, this feeling which is totally indescribable but which make a face so radiant or so compassionatly according the situation, you have to see how she is speaking at the children of at people with mental illness, how she is sharing the people's deep pain after an accident.

ok, i'm sorry it's an eulogy, it's not the strict answer to the initial question, but as everybody had gave his two per cent......:angel:

I think all the prss listed in this poll and those not listed are beautiful.

However for the interest of this poll, I voted for Pss Grace as I think she stands out from the rest - to this very day - she has this natural graceful beauty.

I voted for Rania because for me she's the most beautiful and I'm only julging the appearence. In the second place I would chose Madeleine and then Charlotte. The three of them are really beautiful but not my fave royals. I think the thread is about beauty and those were my choices.

Hard to pick one they each have a different kind of beauty.
Diana and Mary as some have already stated are not what I would call beautiful but both have the 'it' factor they are photogenic,have precence and charisma they are attractive and striking and stand out from the crowd .Mary is today's Diana at least in that respect.
CP Victoria,Martha-Louise,Mette Marit ,Masako of Japan Aimme of The Netherlands and Mathelide are the approachable non threating beauties they are pretty in a cute way.
Some like Latizia,Eugenie of York Zara Philips and Astrid of Begium are striking they have something that jumps out at you
Then there are ones most find beautiful like Rania and Grace but for me they are either too glam and made up for me-Rainia or just too put together-Grace both are pretty but I find myself not that impressed somehow-no offese to either of them.
Then there are the pretty ones-Sophie of Wessex,Charlotte of Monaco,Anette and Anita of the Netherland
Who is the most beautiful for me it's between four
Paola-in her day no one would come close to her she would beat out all of todays competion
Caroline-always a beauty but somehow not as photogenic as Mary or Diana
Noor-I think she's prettier now then when she was younger
Madeleine of Sweeden -I just find no flaw with her so I voted for Madeleine.Right now she's the most beautifu to me.

Henri M. said:
People watching the looks of royal ladies are narrowing the institute of monarchy with a beauty contest.

you are right, henri. to that, i'd add there are other many adjectives that are far more important for a queen or princess than to be beautiful. some of the most acomplished princesses would really not qualify as beauties, not even fashion-conscious or look-conscious.

i, without a doubt, choose queen rania, however. she is a true beauty, full of grace and charm, but that's not of her most admirable qualities.

Henri M is absolutely right...I always discussed if Royalty must be look as "movie or rock stars" , or like something much more complex than that. They are simbols, and beauty has nothing to do with this.

Is for this cause, that when asked to choose the more beatiful Royal woman, I picked Princess Madeleine of Sweden. I was thinking in physical beauty, and nothing more. If I must choice the most intelligent, regal, conscious of her job. etc, etc I woudn't have picked her...Physical beauty is a good thing, but it's not all. It's not this way in for actress...much less for a Royal lady! :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

To me a beautiful woman is beautiful in all areas; her appearance of course, but also her presence and the impression she leaves behind. So I felt that Princess Grace fitted the discription and still does. The other ladies are lovely too, but she is definitely on top in my books.

It was a hard decision but I voted for Crown Princess Maxima. She is beautiful, great and charming personality, not to fat or thin and a wonderful mother. She is lovely.
Also wanted to vote for Mette-Marit and Princess Aimee as they are both stunning and natural. Love the black and white portrait of Mette-Marit on the official website.
I don't find Madeleine beautiful, she is definately pretty but doesn't seem natural to me.

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Letizia.
Why?
->Letizia: She is beautiful in her own right in that she doesn't go over the top with the makeup, hair spray, botox/cosmetic surgery and revealing dresses. I just love her suits and collar shirts, she always looks very sophisticated.
->Mary: She always looks magnificent at every vent. The cloths that she wears compliments her body and her face.

Princess Mary, Princess Aimée, Princess Caroline, Charlotte Casiraghi and Princess Máxima
and Diana and Grace

Princess Haya to me is the most beautiful Princess in the Jordan family. I think she got all the looks. She really looks like her mother in these photos. She looks awesome... I think she look great in the outfit. It would be great if she got a stylist. Would be nice seeing other royal beside the Queen having all the glamore......

From this list I choose princess Grace who was classical beauty and fitted for the monarchy. From nowadays I think that queen Silvia is very-very beautiful and charming lady and also I like princess Madeleine. Crown princess Mary is beautiful too but I wouldn't say she is very remarkable beauty - for me she is rather elegant and nice.

I didn´t want to compare dead princesses with the living. Both princess Diana and Grace are beautiful, but I voted a living princess.
My list:
1. Victoria of Sweden
- she is so special, she has a lot of charm and she seems very intelligent. She has a very warm and lovely smile, beautiful eyes and I like her also because she is so expressive. And she has that inner strength, which makes her sparkle.
2. Letizia of Spain
- those eyes, they are magnificent! I like her natural beauty very much. She, like Victoria, is a very strong woman, that gives her a lot of charisma.
3. Mathilde of Belgium
- she is so peaceful with a lovely smile

1. Felipe of Spain
- wow, what a hunk! He´s a real heart breaker, so tall and handsome, like James Bond of the royalty
2. Carl Philip of Sweden
- really handsome young man, looks so much like his father, when he was young
3. Haakon of Norway
- classicly handsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom