The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who's the most beautiful royal woman?
Princess Diana 60 10.07%
Princess Beatrice 1 0.17%
Princess Eugenie 3 0.50%
Crown Princess Mathilde 21 3.52%
Crown Princess Mary 79 13.26%
Countess Alexandra 5 0.84%
Crown Princess Maxima 14 2.35%
Princess Laurentien 1 0.17%
Princess Mabel 0 0%
Queen Noor 6 1.01%
Queen Rania 76 12.75%
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg 9 1.51%
Princess Grace 81 13.59%
Princess Caroline 29 4.87%
Princess Stephanie 1 0.17%
Charlotte Casiraghi 38 6.38%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit 16 2.68%
Princess Märtha Louise 7 1.17%
Crown Princess Letizia 56 9.40%
Infanta Elena 0 0%
Infanta Cristina 9 1.51%
Crown Princess Victoria 15 2.52%
Princess Madeleine 40 6.71%
Other 29 4.87%
Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Mary [/B]: I am the first one to admit that her features are plain, that there are ten thousand more beautiful women down the street, and that before her CP transformation I would not have given her a second look. Yet, she is the only princess who always make me stop and stare in admiration.
Living proof that you don't need to be beautiful to be stunning.
I agree with you completely. Her presence and the way she carries herself is very regal.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
What ? I can't believe Mary and Letizia are in the lead !
Both women are beautiful, but more beautiful than Queen Rania and Diana ? I don't think so ..
This is only my opinion of course.
I agree.
I think most voters just vote for their favourite Royals ...
I am surprised, too, that Letizia and Mary are leading.. I don't think they are "beautiful"... they look nice, but pretty normal.. that's just my opinion... and everyone has another opinion of who is beautiful and who not...

Ranja and Madeleine are most beautiful in my eyes.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Gentry

In no particular order, Princess Grace,Charlotte Casiraghi,Queen Rania of Jordan,Letiza Ortiz.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Courtier

Diana will be always the most beautiful, Nowadays Letizia seems to me to be the most beautiful, her eyes, smile, hair.. Also Maxima, her enormous smile makes it see nice!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Gentry

Princess Mary or Princess Letizia are not beautiful, sorry. A pretty person is someone who seems almost divine. The most beautiful royals:

Princess Grace
Queen Paola (when she was young)
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Queen Beatrix is a very nice queen but she never was and never will be pretty.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

And to me, it also makes sense to include (look-wise) the current status of a princess (or the daughter of a princess) in ones choices.
For example Madeleine and Charlotte would have gotten much higher grades of me some years ago. Both have now gotten more features of their fathers. In Madeleine´s case this means her face looks broader (and she has gained weight in the face and had grilled her skin between 19 and 24) and Charlotte´s look got a bit more harsh...as it was for Stefano. Nonetheless they are beautiful...esp. Charlotte.

There would be many beautiful women in the list and I guess we all agree on that(Princess X is not beautiful, always makes it sounding, as if she would be an ugly witch )
So it was hard to make a choice. In the end I had the choice between Rania and Märtha Louise. Both don´t have to many aging marks already. Rania is technically surely more beautiful...but I´ve decided in the end for Märtha Louise...firstly because she has a more lively look (and I´ve explained before, that some spirit is for me part of a beautiful look...that´s why I´m also fascinated by crown princess Victoria´s look...inspite of the big chin area and snub nose) and secondly because she had a long way to go(10 years ago, I surely wouldn´t have voted her)...and is now on her top.

look actually doesn´t matter for a princess or queen. And sometimes looking less like a styled Barbie doll is the key to real popularity. But having some beautiful creatures in a Royal family, is surely not bad and appealing to some groups, who usually wouldn´t be much into Royals...

A little absurd or interesting is for me always to see, how ppl are choosing the superhyped crown princesses. For example if princess Aimée would be the wife of crown prince Frederik, and princess Mary the wife of Prince Floris, I´m sure then Aimée would get as many votes as Mary now (I know this is a bit )
Then again...favourising looks seems to depend on ones experiences...and a look can grow on one and make ppl a bit "blind" (or why are most parents saying, that their children are most beautiful ) One can also see that in me going for the livlier look.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Just because Diana had a long nose doesen't mean that she isn't beautiful Anita. And compared to Diana Mary looks quite plain looking.
agree and I've gotten a lot of flack on this on this Forum over the years, re my opinion that if I, say, would go downtown San Francisco, where I live, <this minute>, I'd bump into at least twenty young women, all much prettier than Mary, in the same time span it would take me to say "HRH the Crown Princess of Denmark".

I've gotten flack on this opinion because people tend to think my opinion has to do with the fact that Mary is a commoner.
Couldn't be less true.

I just think there are literally millions of women walking the face of the earth as we speak, who are much much better endowed in the beauty department than Mary by any standard.
As nice a personality as she may be, besides a good sense of style, Mary to me, is as plain and as dime-a-dozen in the looks department as women come.

The fact she is now a princess doesn't change that for me. And no, I have nothing against the woman at all, in fact, she seems to make the Danes rather pleased. But most beautiful? Most covered by the media, that's what.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

"Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye!" ~ Willy Shakespeare

I believe we should all keep this in mind while reading and responding to others in this topic.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
...has to do with the fact that Mary is a commoner.
Correction! Was.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

I voted for Mette-Marit - she has classic beauty that shows even when she has no makeup and in jeans.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
In the end I had the choice between Rania and Märtha Louise. Both don´t have to many aging marks already. Rania is technically surely more beautiful...but I´ve decided in the end for Märtha Louise.
I am totally with you on that (not Rania who is 'merely pretty' IMO) - but Märtha Louise! She has 'sødme' - a kind of sweetness that makes the question of beauty of secondary interest - and somehow that makes her beautiful.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I agree. I voted for Märtha, too.

Imo she's really beautiful and natural. She has a nice smile and beautiful eyes. (... I bet she would even look better with another hairdo )

There's something in her character that makes Märtha look beautiful.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Nobility

I would say :

1) Queen Rania . Definitely my definition of beauty .
2) Princess Madeleine . Just stunning .
3) Crown princess Letizia .

And then, Crown princess Mette-Marit (when she wants it, she can look nearly like a top-model) and princess Märtha-Louise (for having two of the most beautiful blue-eyes I've ever seen ...) . And sometimes Crown Princess Victoria for her beautiful smile .

And not forget the older generation : Queen Paola and Queen Sonja .

The others just look, to me, either, beautiful but without charisma (like Grace of Monaco and her grand-daughter charlotte), common, fake or even not beautiful at all ...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita

The others just look, to me, either, beautiful but without charisma (like Grace of Monaco and her grand-daughter charlotte), common, fake or even not beautiful at all ...
It would seem your interpretation of beauty, Anita, is not at all suited with what may would consider to be a nutural, more classic appearance. And that's perfectly fine and I certainly don't disregard your observations. Though I ardently, yet respectfully, disagree.

Gracia de Monaco could, in my mind, never be considered fake, unbeautiful and least of all, common.

She was simply one of THE most beautiful women I have ever seen and the pictures taken of her during her lifetime prove it.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Well my favourite Royals aren't included, Lalla Meryem, Princess Soraya and Princess Fawzia.

All are/were stunning women.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
agree and I've gotten a lot of flack on this on this Forum over the years, re my opinion that if I, say, would go downtown San Francisco, where I live, <this minute>, I'd bump into at least twenty young women, all much prettier than Mary, in the same time span it would take me to say "HRH the Crown Princess of Denmark".

I've gotten flack on this opinion because people tend to think my opinion has to do with the fact that Mary is a commoner.
Couldn't be less true.

I just think there are literally millions of women walking the face of the earth as we speak, who are much much better endowed in the beauty department than Mary by any standard.
As nice a personality as she may be, besides a good sense of style, Mary to me, is as plain and as dime-a-dozen in the looks department as women come.

The fact she is now a princess doesn't change that for me. And no, I have nothing against the woman at all, in fact, she seems to make the Danes rather pleased. But most beautiful? Most covered by the media, that's what.
I completely agree with your post.

However, I'd disagree about your comment re media. Outside of Denmark and Australia she is barely known, imo.

An international Royal would be somebody like, Queen Elizabeth II, Diana (obviously), Princess Grace, Queen Noor, Queen Rania etc.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I completely agree with your post.

However, I'd disagree about your comment re media. Outside of Denmark and Australia she is barely known, imo.
Though your opinion, it is incorrect (respectively).

Mary's media popularity extends further than just Australia and Denmark. New Zealand quite often than not takes an interest with their cross Tasman 'neighbour', and in France, HRH has been subject to inquisitive 'onlookers'. The German tabloids have also taken quite an interest in Denmark's future Queen.

Not forgetting Sweden and Norway who I think it's safe to assume take an interest in their Danish 'cousins'.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

5 countries? That hardly makes her an international icon like Diana or Princess Grace.

I think on this forum a Royal's importance can sometimes seem greater than it actually is and that applies to others besides Mary.

Gossip mags and tabloids may print articles and pictures but they are hardly representative. For example, here in the UK, Hello regularly prints articles about Royals, including the Danes. However the average person on the street would have no idea who Mary or Maxima were.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Though your opinion, it is incorrect (respectively).

Mary's media popularity extends further than just Australia and Denmark. New Zealand quite often than not takes an interest with their cross Tasman 'neighbour', and in France, HRH has been subject to inquisitive 'onlookers'.

Not forgetting Sweden and Norway who I think it's safe to assume take an interest in their Danish 'cousins'.
And of course, she is also known in Greenland and the Faroe Islands as she is their crown princess!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If we did, we might also want to omit ladies such as Maxima or others who could, by some standards, be titled 'golddiggers', which morally also isn't the greatest thing.
From all the newest additions (Mary, Letizia, Máxima, Ari, Camilla, Mette-Marit, Mathilde) the present spouse to the Prince of Orange -Máxima- has the wealthiest background. If she already is seen as a golddigger, what does that say about the other ladies?