Best-Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • Princess Beatrice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Princess Eugenie

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Crown Princess Mathilde

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Crown Princess Mary

Votes: 78 13.2%
  • Countess Alexandra

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Princess Laurentien

• Princess Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Noor

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Queen Rania

Votes: 76 12.8%
  • Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Princess Grace

Votes: 81 13.7%
  • Princess Caroline

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Princess Stephanie

• Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 38 6.4%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Letizia

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Infanta Elena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infanta Cristina

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lena said:
In the end I had the choice between Rania and Märtha Louise. Both don´t have to many aging marks already. Rania is technically surely more beautiful...but I´ve decided in the end for Märtha Louise.
I am totally with you on that :) (not Rania who is 'merely pretty' IMO) - but Märtha Louise! She has 'sødme' - a kind of sweetness that makes the question of beauty of secondary interest - and somehow that makes her beautiful.

I agree. I voted for Märtha, too.

Imo she's really beautiful and natural. She has a nice smile and beautiful eyes. (... I bet she would even look better with another hairdo :rolleyes: )

There's something in her character that makes Märtha look beautiful.

I would say :

1) Queen Rania . Definitely my definition of beauty .:rolleyes:
2) Princess Madeleine . Just stunning .
3) Crown princess Letizia .

And then, Crown princess Mette-Marit (when she wants it, she can look nearly like a top-model) and princess Märtha-Louise (for having two of the most beautiful blue-eyes I've ever seen ...) . And sometimes Crown Princess Victoria for her beautiful smile .

And not forget the older generation : Queen Paola and Queen Sonja .

The others just look, to me, either, beautiful but without charisma (like Grace of Monaco and her grand-daughter charlotte), common, fake or even not beautiful at all ...

Last edited:
Anita said:
The others just look, to me, either, beautiful but without charisma (like Grace of Monaco and her grand-daughter charlotte), common, fake or even not beautiful at all ...

It would seem your interpretation of beauty, Anita, is not at all suited with what may would consider to be a nutural, more classic appearance. And that's perfectly fine and I certainly don't disregard your observations. Though I ardently, yet respectfully, disagree.

Gracia de Monaco could, in my mind, never be considered fake, unbeautiful and least of all, common.

She was simply one of THE most beautiful women I have ever seen and the pictures taken of her during her lifetime prove it.

Last edited:
Well my favourite Royals aren't included, Lalla Meryem, Princess Soraya and Princess Fawzia.

All are/were stunning women.

princess olga said:
agree and I've gotten a lot of flack on this on this Forum over the years, re my opinion that if I, say, would go downtown San Francisco, where I live, <this minute>, I'd bump into at least twenty young women, all much prettier than Mary, in the same time span it would take me to say "HRH the Crown Princess of Denmark".

I've gotten flack on this opinion because people tend to think my opinion has to do with the fact that Mary is a commoner.
Couldn't be less true.

I just think there are literally millions of women walking the face of the earth as we speak, who are much much better endowed in the beauty department than Mary by any standard.
As nice a personality as she may be, besides a good sense of style, Mary to me, is as plain and as dime-a-dozen in the looks department as women come.

The fact she is now a princess doesn't change that for me. And no, I have nothing against the woman at all, in fact, she seems to make the Danes rather pleased. But most beautiful? Most covered by the media, that's what.
I completely agree with your post.

However, I'd disagree about your comment re media. Outside of Denmark and Australia she is barely known, imo.

An international Royal would be somebody like, Queen Elizabeth II, Diana (obviously), Princess Grace, Queen Noor, Queen Rania etc.

Little_star said:
I completely agree with your post.

However, I'd disagree about your comment re media. Outside of Denmark and Australia she is barely known, imo.

Though your opinion, it is incorrect (respectively).

Mary's media popularity extends further than just Australia and Denmark. New Zealand quite often than not takes an interest with their cross Tasman 'neighbour', and in France, HRH has been subject to inquisitive 'onlookers'. The German tabloids have also taken quite an interest in Denmark's future Queen.

Not forgetting Sweden and Norway who I think it's safe to assume take an interest in their Danish 'cousins'.

Last edited:
5 countries? That hardly makes her an international icon like Diana or Princess Grace.

I think on this forum a Royal's importance can sometimes seem greater than it actually is and that applies to others besides Mary.

Gossip mags and tabloids may print articles and pictures but they are hardly representative. For example, here in the UK, Hello regularly prints articles about Royals, including the Danes. However the average person on the street would have no idea who Mary or Maxima were.

Madame Royale said:
Though your opinion, it is incorrect (respectively).

Mary's media popularity extends further than just Australia and Denmark. New Zealand quite often than not takes an interest with their cross Tasman 'neighbour', and in France, HRH has been subject to inquisitive 'onlookers'.

Not forgetting Sweden and Norway who I think it's safe to assume take an interest in their Danish 'cousins'.

And of course, she is also known in Greenland and the Faroe Islands as she is their crown princess!

princess olga said:
If we did, we might also want to omit ladies such as Maxima or others who could, by some standards, be titled 'golddiggers', which morally also isn't the greatest thing.

From all the newest additions (Mary, Letizia, Máxima, Ari, Camilla, Mette-Marit, Mathilde) the present spouse to the Prince of Orange -Máxima- has the wealthiest background. If she already is seen as a golddigger, what does that say about the other ladies?

Little_star said:
5 countries? That hardly makes her an international icon like Diana or Princess Grace.

I never said it did.

You did however say that beyond Australia and Denmark you believe Mary is hardly known and that is, well..incorrect.

Add Germany to the list and you have 6 countries, with two indapendant members of the Danish Commonwealth to boot (as Australian so rightly pointed out).

Now to me, that is certainly an internationally recognised royal...whether an 'icon' or not.

Tell me GD Henri of Luxembourg was left out by some horrible accident. Please.

I miss HH Prince Maurits van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven: see picture.

And Pierre and Andrea Casiraghi are neither royal nor noble at all.

Henri M. said:
I miss HH Prince Maurits van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven: see picture.

He's definitely quite handsome. :rolleyes:

But the most handsome Prince of all is Prince Haakon... without any doubt.
He's charming, good looking and his shy smile makes him look so.. sweet. :wub:

Crown Prince Haakon , without any doubt :):wub:

WOW... quite surprised to see I was the only one voting for crown prince Pavlos. Didn´t expect him to be in the lead but I figured since he resembles Felipe and Frederik (well they are cousins) that he would have gotten some votes. But I´d definately would put Frederik as 2nd and Haakon and Felipe as a shared 3rd

Instead of a real one can I have the guy who is Henry VIII on The Tudors? Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy

Prince Frederik of Denmark looks sooo cute to me...

Is his nose "original" or did he have a nose job? Sorry if the question is out of place...but I've always been curious (and I have not been a follower of the Danish family for long...)

I voted for Frederick, but really think Carl Phillip is the dishiest...didn't see his name before I voted

Crown Prince of Denmark, Frederick...This is clear for me. But it is hard to pick jut one, for Crown- Prince Haakon of Norwege is handsome to, and Prince Felipe of Asturias too...:D

Vanesa.

lisamaria said:
Tell me GD Henri of Luxembourg was left out by some horrible accident. Please.
O my gosh you are sooo right! I voted Amadeo of Belgium who might be by far the most handsome <young> royal, if more folks on the Forum here actually had an inklink who he is!
But Henri's also very very handsome!

Again, everyone voting for handsome-but-average looking Fred? Why, his own brother is way more handsome than him I think, although he himself is quite ok looking too. But cannot hold a candle to Amadeo or Henri in my opinion.
Mind you, Henri, Fred's father, was quite the looker back in the day. Can understand why Margarethe fell for him.

Last edited:
Verde Esmeralda said:
Prince Frederik of Denmark looks sooo cute to me...

Is his nose "original" or did he have a nose job? Sorry if the question is out of place...but I've always been curious (and I have not been a follower of the Danish family for long...)
What Fred a nose job? :lol: If you look carefully, you can see the resemblance to his mother's nose--it's the same one, so, nose job, I think not. It's a very common northern European nose in my opinion.

Vanesa said:
Crown Prince of Denmark, Frederick...This is clear for me. But it is hard to pick jut one, for Crown- Prince Haakon of Norwege is handsome to, and Prince Felipe of Asturias too...:D

Vanesa.
It's of course in the eye of the beholder, but what on earth is so handsome about Haakon? Felipe I can kindof see (kindof).

Prince Charles. He really has that charm, in my opinion. And in opinion of such ladies as Barbara Streisand and Meryl Streep.

Crown Prince Haakon is the close second. It's even hard to explain what is so incredibly attractive about him - maybe his warm smile, his eyes, just everything about him.

Crown Prince Felipe is in the second place as well. What can be added about him? A real heart breaker!

I voted for Carl Philip. He's always held a place in my heart :lol:.

I am with you Jen, Carl-Philip it is. Can't resist those Brazilian genes ;)
No. 2 on my list would be HH Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom