Best-Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • Princess Beatrice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Princess Eugenie

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Crown Princess Mathilde

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Crown Princess Mary

Votes: 78 13.2%
  • Countess Alexandra

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Princess Laurentien

• Princess Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Noor

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Queen Rania

Votes: 76 12.8%
  • Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Princess Grace

Votes: 81 13.7%
  • Princess Caroline

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Princess Stephanie

• Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 38 6.4%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Letizia

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Infanta Elena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infanta Cristina

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royals not necessarily need to look like models. Stéphanie de Luxembourg, Camilla of Cornwall, Máxima of the Netherlands, Mathilde de Belgique, Catherine of Cambridge they all look pretty regular, nothing special. And I think that is good. That royals marry with models is not a recommended way, I think.

I agree with you on Princess Märtha Louise. She is very beautiful in my eyes and also has a warm radiation.

I am genuily pleased that we finally agree on something.:lol:

Yes, Martha Louise has really a lovely face: beauitful, fresh and sweet.

I agree about Mary. I saw a few minutes of a film about her recently and the actress who played her was pretty in the usual bland way of actresses nowadays. SO I too was a bit surprised when I looked at a photo of the real Mary. I'd say she's pleasant looking, but no more than that. (and I presume that's after she had the money and attention to dress better anad look more glam as a princess. Fred certainly wasn't (good for him) the sort of man who was dazzled by beauty and picked a girl on the basis of her looks.

Diana grew into her looks, as a girl she was pretty and dressed ok. As she matured, she did sometimes overdo things like bleaching her hair and she was too thin.. which made her look washed out. But as she got over the bulimia, (I think having seen her in RL that her skin DID suffer from that), she grew into a real beauty. But she had flaws in her face, as you say, which IMO made it more interesting.

And the camera loved her.

Camilla now is no more than average looking and never was anyting more, but Charles clearly love her for something inside.

Why are Camilla 's look young or old constantly being trashed. The thread is who is most beautiful not who is not. Same in regard to Diana and her nose-what's the point?

Queen Mathilda, letitizia and Madeline are the most beautiful royals of this era. Princess grace and Paola of their era.
Not all women age badly, omo. We could have another thread for women of a certain age beauty. Paola has aged quite badly.

I am genuily pleased that we finally agree on something.:lol:

Yes, Martha Louise has really a lovely face: beauitful, fresh and sweet.

It's actually the second thing we agree on ;)
Sometimes people unexpectedly find common ground :lol:

She also has a very mature look about her, in like that she knows what she is doing. Feet on the ground, so to say. I don't know, she just has *something* and she's a very beautiful woman in general. IMO

Queen Mathilda, letitizia and Madeline are the most beautiful royals of this era. Princess grace and Paola of their era.
Not all women age badly, omo. We could have another thread for women of a certain age beauty. Paola has aged quite badly.

Queen Letizia I totally disagree with. Neither beautiful nor pretty. She isn't ugly but I'll pass.
Princess Madeleine... Well, she does have her looks, but that's about the only thing I can say about her. She has looks that are more beauty-pageant like. She's pretty, imo, but not beautiful per se.

On Queen Paola I agree. There is a heap of difference between her then and now. And some women don't seem to age at all, in comparision.

Sometimes people unexpectedly find common ground :lol:

She also has a very mature look about her, in like that she knows what she is doing. Feet on the ground, so to say. I don't know, she just has *something* and she's a very beautiful woman in general. IMO

I don't even follow much the norwegian royal family ( along with other royal family as well), butMartha Louise would always be on the first positions on my personal "royal women beauty contest"...:lol:

Royals not necessarily need to look like models. Stéphanie de Luxembourg, Camilla of Cornwall, Máxima of the Netherlands, Mathilde de Belgique, Catherine of Cambridge they all look pretty regular, nothing special. And I think that is good. That royals marry with models is not a recommended way, I think.

I don't find any of the above women truly average looking with the exception of the Duchess of Cornwall. And even she, I suspect, had something even as a young woman that transcended physical beauty. Men were said to really go for her when she was young. I saw a photo of her from the '60's and while she never had Lady Diana Spencer's radiant English Rose persona, Camilla was quite pretty.

I cannot imagine anyone describing Queen Maxima as "average looking". She is a tall, big boned, striking woman with warm deep brown eyes and a dazzling smile. She isn't beautiful but she would stand definitely out in a crowd.

I don't find Catherine Cambridge beautiful but I wouldn't really call her average either. She has amazing legs and hair, and like Maxima her height will always give her a bit of advantage.

Stephanie de Lannoy is not a conventional beauty, but she has a flawless skin, beautiful hair and the 2nd best set of legs in Royal Europe behind the Duchess of Cambridge. I know people who have met her who attest that her photographs don't do her justice. I suspect that in the 14th to 16th centuries Stephanie would have been considered a knockout. She looks exactly like what she is in fact, a northern European blue blood, complete with aquiline nose which isn't in fashion now but was all the rage during the Middle Ages to Renaissance period.

The only current Royal female who really looks like a model is, imo, the Queen of Bhutan. Charlotte Casiraghi doesn't have the height or the figure of a supermodel but she certainly has the face(even though she isn't really what she used to be)

Last edited:
Among the royal born ladies, I like the Monaco princesses most - Caroline, Charlotte and Pauline Ducruet. I am also a fan of Jazmin Grace, but not sure if she counts for "royal born"...

The other women, puh. I liked Diana and now Madeleine, but the both are more "cute" and sympathic, but not beautiful in the meaning of the word.

The greatest beauties are Viktoria of Bourbon-Parma, Claire and Tessy of Luxemburg and Marie (not Mary!) of Denmark. And of course, queen Sylvia.

Queen Maxima and the Duchess of Cambridge are very, very pretty, but in a way you just remember their nice faces for being steadily in the press.

Letizia looks like the queen of snow form the Andersen tale. Beautiful but cold. Mary of Denmark is the other way around, not really pretty but that lovable I always forget this.

One of my favourites is Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma, my first thinking when I see pictures of her ist about warmth and sun, this woman has a special kind of lovelyness.

Crown princess Victoria and Zara Tindall are not pretty at all but have so shiny personalities that you don't mind.

True (current and alive) beauties to me are Charlotte Casiraghi, Queen Jetsun Pema, Sheikha Mozah, Queen Rania, Princess Caroline, Princess Marie, Pauline Ducruet, Princess Madeleine, Princess Ameerah, Princess Sofia, Lalla Salma, Haya and Princess Claire. But I think most Royal ladies do have a certain je ne sais quoi about them that makes them stand out. In particular Màxima, Mary, and Victoria.

I do find it a bit strange that it's often stated that certain Royal ladies, in particular Camilla (singling her out here) may not be considered all that attractive, but she had something within that made Charles and other men fall for her. In my opinion, almost all of the Royal men punched above their weight. Charles did so twice.

Really? I woudl say that Charles and Camilla match in looks; nether of them is dazzlingly good looking. Camilla is said to have sex appeal, she's an earthy horsey sort of gal, and men like that in her. But clearly Charles loves her for something deeper than looks.
I like interesting looks, so while Diana may not technicaly be the most beautiful of the princesses, she had IMO enough natural beauty to pass as a beauty and enough flaws ot make her face interesting. "Regular" or perfect features can be bland...

Why are Camilla 's look young or old constantly being trashed. The thread is who is most beautiful not who is not. Same in regard to Diana and her nose-what's the point?

Diana is beautiful but her nose was crooked. That's a fact... what's wrong with stating that?

S
I don't even follow much the norwegian royal family ( along with other royal family as well), butMartha Louise would always be on the first positions on my personal "royal women beauty contest"...:lol:
She is very very pretty and youthful looking, Martha Louise.

Am in the mood for lists :lol: so here goes

Best looking this year, division "ladies over 18":
P.Madeleine of Sweden
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Queen Rania of Jordan
P.Märtha-Louise of Norway
P.Benedikte of Denmark (i honestly think that she gets better looking every year)

Best looking this year, division "men over 18":
K.Felipe of Spain
P.Nikolai of Denmark (okay, i cheated, he's only 17 ;) )
P.Maurits of the Netherlands
P.Michael of Kent (especially in a suit ;) )
(still thinking about a fifth name...maybe i can list K.Felipe twice? :lol: )

Best looking at some point in time, ladies over 18
P.Caroline of Monaco (early 80's)
P.Madeleine of Sweden (practically any year)
Q.Silvia of Sweden (late 70's)
P.Margaret Rose of the UK (1950's)
P.Margriet of the NL (60's)

But ofcourse, my opinion can be different tomorrow :lol:

Last edited:
Of men I think that George VI was very handsome. Charles is no looker but he looks interesting! IMO which can be attractive. Andrew had rather florid good looks as a young man which ran to fat soon.
Of women I think that Princess Michael is very striking looking, perhaps not strictly beautiful but even in her forties very attractive and had lovley hair. Sarah F too had loveley hair, it seems to have faded bit and I think she should NEVER Cut it.. that looked awful. (I'm jealous of women with a striking hair colour like goldeny or red)

On the age of 77 looking like this.... wow!
HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands two days ago (opening Museum Voorlinden in Wassenaar, with her nephew King Willem-Alexander)

Picture and picture

The same Princess in 1966, looking absolutely fabulous picture next to her husband Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme.

I think she looks far beter in the later photo, she's kept her figure and looks very smart

Other royal women I find beautiful are Lady Amelia Windsor, Princess Rajaa of Jordan, Princess Talita Natasha von Fürstenberg, and Beatrice of Monaco.

:previous: I agree about Talita von Furstenburg and Beatrice Casiraghi...both truly stunning aristocratic women.

How would you classify Meghan? She's definitely on a different level of looks than Harry, but I personally don't find her particularly pretty. She has a sparkle about her.

Went back to my post from 2013 and I have no idea why I put Mette-Marit on my list. Her son is a doll but turning heads she is not.
Jetsun is also up there with the great royal beauties: Grace, Paola and Margaret.

Last edited:
Meghan is gorgeous! She's not aristocratic-looking (whatever that means), but still beautiful. What's more, she'll still be beautiful into her 60s--her mom is very young looking in her early 60s.

Grace was beautiful. So was Diana, but not when she was in her 20s--only in her early 30s or so. Lady Amelia is okay looking. Her skin is beautiful, but while I think her features are nice and symmetrical, she's not particularly interesting to look at.

I think Princess Grace was beautifully, Princess Diana grew into her looks she bloomed in her late 20 -30s
princess Caroline looked great in the 80s .....
and I think Princess Mette Marit is lovely looking

But it’s great to be called beatifully , but also a warm personality can make some one more attractive

Queen Jetsun of Bhutan is absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom