The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who's the most beautiful royal woman?
Princess Diana 60 10.07%
Princess Beatrice 1 0.17%
Princess Eugenie 3 0.50%
Crown Princess Mathilde 21 3.52%
Crown Princess Mary 79 13.26%
Countess Alexandra 5 0.84%
Crown Princess Maxima 14 2.35%
Princess Laurentien 1 0.17%
Princess Mabel 0 0%
Queen Noor 6 1.01%
Queen Rania 76 12.75%
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg 9 1.51%
Princess Grace 81 13.59%
Princess Caroline 29 4.87%
Princess Stephanie 1 0.17%
Charlotte Casiraghi 38 6.38%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit 16 2.68%
Princess Märtha Louise 7 1.17%
Crown Princess Letizia 56 9.40%
Infanta Elena 0 0%
Infanta Cristina 9 1.51%
Crown Princess Victoria 15 2.52%
Princess Madeleine 40 6.71%
Other 29 4.87%
Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Hey stop here !
I don't like Mary and I'm not hiding it . But I still can be honest . There's some women I don't like but I find very beautiful though . The same way, I've always said that Mary was maybe one of the most elegant and graceful princesses . But BEAUTIFUL ? No . And nothing to do with the fact I don't like her ...

I agree Anita.
Of course Mary have many virtues(like other princess) but between these virtues is not to be B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.
We don´t say that she is an ugly woman, she is pretty or...normal but I (and much other people) think that she is far from being a beauty.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 09-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,587
How different opinions can be..
IMO Princess Mary is one of the most beautiful royal ladies nowadays.
She has a very beautiful smile and a pretty face. She's very elegant and nearly always beautifully dressed.
During the Visit from Brazil she just looked like the Image of a Princess.
So, I think Mary is beautiful.
__________________

__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: mt. juliet, United States
Posts: 43
Beauty is as beauty does. Makeup can hide a multitude of flaws as well as airbrushing. Some of these girls had the advantage of spas, expensive trts.the best of facial care. Like some hollywood stars I would like to see these girls without makeup. Then the test would tell. Of course Princess Grace and Diana had a simple beauty. Of course by this I dont mean they were simple just that they had a beauty that was only enhanced by makeup. That is one of the forms of true beauty. But then again what is true beauty?
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
lilytornado's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 504
I always think Rania and Mary are really beautiful, but then maybe Rania had surgeries and Mary has access to great skincare, etc, but what does it matter? Now they are beautiful.
Sometimes I think Mary dosn't look good, but then she manages to look very perfect again, so I change my mind sometimes.
Letizia for me, isn't a classic beauty, but she sometimes just radiates... Maybe she is one of those persons that you think are prettier the more you know them because of the character. I am just speculating, because she reminds me of my aunt, who has similar problems (naturally very skinny, big nose).
With Máxima I think it is the same, her charisma makes her look prettier.

I think it is strange that people sometimes say their favorite princess is the prettiest and their least favorite is ugly, and tend to get offended....
I for example think Mathilde is not so pretty, but that doesn't mean I don't like her...
I think Madeleine is naturally a pretty girl, but I think if she would tan less and bleach her hair less, she would be more beautiful. Victoria is sometimes very beautiful, even more than Madeleine I think.
I, too think that Grace had a natural beauty, I think the same of Caroline (more when she was young) and Charlotte Casiraghi.
Strangely, I just can't see the famous beauty of Diana... But I always thought her hairstyles were horrible, I have seen pictures with longer hair and I thought she lookes better there, but still not MY definition of beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Talking about current royal women, I think Mary is really beautiful: the contrast of her dark hair with her porcelain skin is really striking, not to mention a nice taste of clothing and her attitude makes her look even better

Grace is the most beautiful royal women of all times hands down, she was simply perfect, the epithome of elegance and beauty; Caroline is beautiful, as well as Charlotte, but never as Grace was

Letizia is attractive, but not beautiful IMO, I like women taller and with a bit more weight (she's not anorexic or something of the sort, she's simply naturally thin) and when she has a bit more weight on her, her facial features look better, otherwise they are much angular for my taste, she has really pretty eyes, that's her best feature alltogether, her worst features are her nose and chin, too big; not a bad package put together, but not a beautiful one either, I liked much more the way she looked when she was a journalist, she was even pretty back then

Máxima is no model beauty, but her charisma makes her look awesome, it's always a good thing to see a radiant, happy woman who's comfortable with herself even if she's not a perfect beauty
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
I always think Rania and Mary are really beautiful, but then maybe Rania had surgeries and Mary has access to great skincare, etc, but what does it matter? Now they are beautiful.
Sometimes I think Mary dosn't look good, but then she manages to look very perfect again, so I change my mind sometimes.
Letizia for me, isn't a classic beauty, but she sometimes just radiates... Maybe she is one of those persons that you think are prettier the more you know them because of the character. I am just speculating, because she reminds me of my aunt, who has similar problems (naturally very skinny, big nose).
With Máxima I think it is the same, her charisma makes her look prettier.

I think it is strange that people sometimes say their favorite princess is the prettiest and their least favorite is ugly, and tend to get offended....
I for example think Mathilde is not so pretty, but that doesn't mean I don't like her...
I think Madeleine is naturally a pretty girl, but I think if she would tan less and bleach her hair less, she would be more beautiful. Victoria is sometimes very beautiful, even more than Madeleine I think.
I, too think that Grace had a natural beauty, I think the same of Caroline (more when she was young) and Charlotte Casiraghi.
Strangely, I just can't see the famous beauty of Diana... But I always thought her hairstyles were horrible, I have seen pictures with longer hair and I thought she lookes better there, but still not MY definition of beautiful.

Well, I certainly DON'T think any of today's Royal women are ugly. It's just that none-with the exception of Charlotte-stands out for me as a classic natural beauty. I think Charlotte is even more beautiful than her mother Princess Caroline was at the same age, and of course neither of them is the equal of the late Princess Grace.

It's funny that people keep mentioning the Princess of the Asturia's nose. I have never noticed her nose, and never thought of it as too large. What troubles me about her appearance is her sometimes gaunt face and figure, which sets off alarm bells of some illness or eating disorder. When she has meat on her bones she looks just stunning, and she is very stylish too.

As for Diana, I think she could be striking but no. I never thought of her as a classic beauty. She had beautiful eyes and the most perfect legs I have ever seen on any woman Royal or not. Then there was her imposing height, which made her stand out and wear clothes so well. I think the myth of Diana's "great beauty" comes from her charisma and the force of her personality which of course was formidable.

Beauty is such a subjective thing. There is simply no way everyone will agree with somebody else's choices in this matter.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
Again? Princess of Asturias (which is NOT one of my favorites) doesn't suffers of any eating disorder nor any illness. I'm exactly like her, and I gets angry when someone aproaches me and ask: "Are you feeling O.K recently? "....ARRRGHHH. How I wish to be fat! And I uppose that Princess Letizia must have been thinking the same since she became a public person. These comments about a peron being thn are extremely disgusting.

Oh, yes...I don't think that we have authentic beauties among our current royal women. Princess Charlotte is the only one of them I can said it's a beauty..and maybe Orincess Madeleine of Sweden? She is certainly a lady. We must wait some few years just to see if Infanta Leonor turns to be the beatiful princess she seems she will be.

Vanesa.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 AM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
hey Vanesa, I don't say she has an illness or an eating disorder, all I'm saying is that she had a bit more weight on her at some time (for example when she got engaged and around that time, nothing to do with pregnancies), and it suits her better than now, softens her features

Weight is a yo-yo for most of us, we lose and we gain, and I guess the same happens to Letizia, I'd like to see her a bit more round, specially around her face
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
I don't like Mary and I'm not hiding it . But I still can be honest . There's some women I don't like but I find very beautiful though . The same way, I've always said that Mary was maybe one of the most elegant and graceful princesses . But BEAUTIFUL ? No . And nothing to do with the fact I don't like her ...
I appreciate you clarifying.

I'm not questioning your reasons for thinking Mary isn't beautiful, or indeed the 'reasons' why you don't like Mary. I merely stated that I expected nothing less from you given the way you've spoken about Mary in numerous other threads. A documented fact.

Quote:
Hey stop here !
Careful, you may give yourself a headache...

Personally, I wouldn't call any of the current Crown Princesses unnatractive. They each have their qualities and exude a certain charisma that is attributed only to them.

In saying that though, if there was an order of who fits where, then Letizia would be second from the rear imo. Camilla being the last (respectfully).
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 09-14-2007, 02:10 AM
saphills's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ELP, United States
Posts: 257
My vote goes for Princess Grace.
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills View Post
My vote goes for Princess Grace.

I would have voted for her too, but I thought the OP meant CURRENT Royal women, women who are still alive.

That's why I didn't vote for Grace.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Again? Princess of Asturias (which is NOT one of my favorites) doesn't suffers of any eating disorder nor any illness. I'm exactly like her, and I gets angry when someone aproaches me and ask: "Are you feeling O.K recently? "....ARRRGHHH. How I wish to be fat! And I uppose that Princess Letizia must have been thinking the same since she became a public person. These comments about a peron being thn are extremely disgusting.

Oh, yes...I don't think that we have authentic beauties among our current royal women. Princess Charlotte is the only one of them I can said it's a beauty..and maybe Orincess Madeleine of Sweden? She is certainly a lady. We must wait some few years just to see if Infanta Leonor turns to be the beatiful princess she seems she will be.

Vanesa.
I think you misunderstand. I never stated definitively that the Princess has an eating disorder, but sometimes she has appeared alarmingly thin. I just don't think gaunt women are attractive, it ages you and hardens your features.

And yes you are correct, fat is not beautiful or healthy either.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Tan's Avatar
Tan Tan is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 141
My vote goes to Maxima. I think she is a very beautiful woman and i love her aura.

I also think Queen Paola was a very beautiful woman and still is.
And Queen Sonja is looking fantastic for her age.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SYDNEY, Australia
Posts: 169
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
How different opinions can be..
IMO Princess Mary is one of the most beautiful royal ladies nowadays.
She has a very beautiful smile and a pretty face. She's very elegant and nearly always beautifully dressed.
During the Visit from Brazil she just looked like the Image of a Princess.
So, I think Mary is beautiful.
I agree with you wholeheartedly! I was totally blown away by Mary's elegance and beauty with this State Visit. Every picture of her from this State Visit just blew me away.........those pictures are absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

During the Visit from Brazil, Crown Princess Mary looked so stunning, beautiful and elegant........... she is every inch a real princess!

Below is a very beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary and I also think Mary is beautiful!!!!!!!!

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8...polfotofw4.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,091
i am sorry to say, but i couldn't find mary plainer. she obviously changed a lot and her advisor's ideas on how to dress are marvellous, but i cannot say she is beautiful. she may be stylish, she may be elegant... but beautiful? i find her quite plain looking, someone that if you saw her on the street and didn't know she was princess of denmark, you wouldn't pay too much attention to. with this i'm not saying she is ugly, but i don't think either that she is beautiful... quite average looking. of course, as i said, her perfect make up and her amazing stylist did help her a lot and she is now a lot prettier than before.

i always thought letizia was beautiful when i saw her at the television (her journalist era) but now she lost quite a lot of weight and doesn't look like she used to.

grace kelly was obviously really beautiful and elegant, but i think there were prettier princesses of her generation: the now queens of denmark and belgium, respectively, are a good example. margrethe and paola (especially paola) were really beautiful ladies!

mathilde and mette-marit, to me, are quite average looking as well, but their fair traces are so princessy... they totally look like fairy-tale princesses and always dress so appropriately.

charlotte is obviously gorgeous and so is her mum caroline.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
And Queen Sonja is looking fantastic for her age.
I agree. She was such a beauty when she was younger and she still is very beautiful, IMO.
She doesn't have a "perfect face" either (she also has a big nose.. but in a way it suits her.. the same way it also suits Letizia btw).
In her younger ages she was beautiful in a cute way (like Märtha Louise today). She and Harald made such a handsome couple.. and I think they still do.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 09-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Anita's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rom, Italy
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I agree. She was such a beauty when she was younger and she still is very beautiful, IMO.
She doesn't have a "perfect face" either (she also has a big nose.. but in a way it suits her.. the same way it also suits Letizia btw).
In her younger ages she was beautiful in a cute way (like Märtha Louise today). She and Harald made such a handsome couple.. and I think they still do.

Wait, wait, wait ...
Everyone speaks here about big noses ( for Queen Sonja and mostly for Princess Letizia ) . But have you all ever seen true big noses ? Sonja and Letizia in any cases do have big noses . Their noses are not mini but they still look rather small . How would call Jennifer's Lopez's nose then for example ? (I'm sorry, it's no J Lo thread, but I needed an example ...) For me, that is a big nose ! Letizia's one is mini in comparison . So please stop speaking with the word "big" about beautiful Sonja and Letizia ...
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Of course Mary have many virtues(like other princess) but between these virtues is not to be B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.
Beauty IS not a virtue.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Beauty IS not a virtue. It's a quality, but NOT a virtue.

You are right, them...Mary hasn´t this quality.

If I saw Mary walking by the street as a normal woman she would not get my attention, she is nice with make up and without make up she is completely normal.
But it´s just my opinion...
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 09-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Princess_Beatrix's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: moved to, Spain
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
You are right, them...Mary hasn´t this quality.
What a surprising comment.


I am respecting everybody's point of view; but this whole Mary against Letizia, Letizia against Mary thing is simply annoying!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september brunei royal family catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf king felipe king felipe vi king harald king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania australia november 2016 royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises