The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who's the most beautiful royal woman?
Princess Diana 60 10.07%
Princess Beatrice 1 0.17%
Princess Eugenie 3 0.50%
Crown Princess Mathilde 21 3.52%
Crown Princess Mary 79 13.26%
Countess Alexandra 5 0.84%
Crown Princess Maxima 14 2.35%
Princess Laurentien 1 0.17%
Princess Mabel 0 0%
Queen Noor 6 1.01%
Queen Rania 76 12.75%
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg 9 1.51%
Princess Grace 81 13.59%
Princess Caroline 29 4.87%
Princess Stephanie 1 0.17%
Charlotte Casiraghi 38 6.38%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit 16 2.68%
Princess Märtha Louise 7 1.17%
Crown Princess Letizia 56 9.40%
Infanta Elena 0 0%
Infanta Cristina 9 1.51%
Crown Princess Victoria 15 2.52%
Princess Madeleine 40 6.71%
Other 29 4.87%
Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
This is a survey, isn´t it?... and people have voted. And the majority thinks that princess Letizia is one of the most beautiful princess.
Letizia has an amazing eyes, a precious mouth, a nose very marked but altogether she is handsome. Mary has a mini-nose and she is not specially beautiful, perhaps nice.
Why are you mentioning princess Mary? What is the constant necessity of comparing Letizia with Mary every time someone disagrees about something with Letizia? And it goes the other way around too! I don't get it. Is that the way to "upgrade" Letizia? By demeaning Princess Mary ??
I think Letizia and Mary have very different beauties!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Courtier

I still can't believe that Letizia have more votes than Diana, Charlotte, Madeleine and Rania. Shows how some posters don't care about the question, just votes for their favourite Crown Princess

Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

I think all the crown princess today are all equally pretty, but not one of them I would call beautiful. That's just my opinion.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But for me, people with perfect faces arn't beauties. A beauty is someone with a beautiful smile, eyes that radiate inner beauty, and a personality. It's not just the "she looks good without makeup"-factor that counts. SO if the person is wearing a lot of makeup? You can have plain structures, and still be beautiful, because of your hair, your skin, your smile. And then of course there are natural beauties. People that have sharp features, and that don't need to point them out with makeup and accesories. And that's wonderfull too ! But we shouldn't be so narrow minded when it comes to beauty. Comments like "XXX has a mini nose,bla bla". Because you can have a mini nose, that's not too flattering, but that's what can make a face special, or cute. Something you don't find everywhere.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
Why are you mentioning princess Mary? What is the constant necessity of comparing Letizia with Mary every time someone disagrees about something with Letizia?
That's a phenomenon I'll never understand either...and, honestly, I'm getting tired of it.

MissSaga, I agree with what you said: only a perfect face doesn't make a person beautiful. I think the character underlines the beauty of a person a lot. IMO Princess Máxima is a very beautiful woman.. not because her face has a perfect shape , but because her bright smile makes her look radiant. (as an example)

Old 09-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I still can't believe that Letizia have more votes than Diana, Charlotte, Madeleine and Rania. Shows how some posters don't care about the question, just votes for their favourite Crown Princess

You're wrong .
Princess Letizia is not my favourite princess . Though I find her more beautiful than Charlotte and Diana . As beautiful as Madeleine . Only Rania is above her on the list to me ...

As a lot of people said it, I can only admit that it's just a matter of taste ...
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Why are you mentioning princess Mary? What is the constant necessity of comparing Letizia with Mary every time someone disagrees about something with Letizia? And it goes the other way around too! I don't get it. Is that the way to "upgrade" Letizia? By demeaning Princess Mary ??
I think Letizia and Mary have very different beauties!

I have mentioned Mary and Diana simply to expose and to explain my theory. ...but missaga,don´t upsets please,if you do not like princess Letizia i respect it but much people does not think like you. Exceeds the words and the results is there.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
I have mentioned Mary and Diana simply to expose and to explain my theory. ...but missaga,don´t upsets please,if you do not like princess Letizia i respect it but much people does not think like you. Exceeds the words and the results is there.
No you didn't. You made a totally unnecessary remark of CP Mary, MissSaga is right about that.
If I for example voted for Mathilde and said that she is beautiful because she does not have haggard look about her which Letizia often has - would that be relevant?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Nobility

I think Grace is the most beautiful! She's not just the most beautiful royal woman, she's one of the most (if not THE most) beautiful women ever, which, I think, can't be said about many others from this list.
I know different people have different taste, and vote personalities as well as physical beauty, but when it comes just to physical I think that there's no big competition! (not that she wasn't great personality too)
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
No you didn't. You made a totally unnecessary remark of CP Mary, MissSaga is right about that.
If I for example voted for Mathilde and said that she is beautiful because she does not have haggard look about her which Letizia often has - would that be relevant?

Oh my God....
Ok,that is your opinion.For me it was necessary for explain what I meant.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

I miss the most beautiful royal lady ever in this poll. Namely Donna Paola Margherita Maria Antonia Consiglia dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria, daughter of Don Fulco Prince Ruffo di Calabria Duke di Guardia Lombarda and of Donna Luisa Gazelli dei Conti Gazelli di Rossana e di Sebastiano.

This once breathtakingly beautiful lady married in 1959 Prince Albert Félix Humbert Théodore Christian Eugène Marie of Belgium, The Prince of Liège (since 1997 The King of the Belgians).

Since dead persons are named in here (Gracia and Diana) I hope that I can nominate the still alive and kicking Queen Paola as well, despite the fact she has lost her youthful beauty now she is 70 years old.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

the most beautiful to me is Princess Madeleine. After her, Princess Letizia.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

You're right Henri - queen Paola was completely stunning, almost ethereal in her youth.

Does or did she have brothers and sisters that are equally beatiful? And whom did she inherit her beauty from?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspate View Post
the most beautiful to me is Princess Madeleine. After her, Princess Letizia.
She is beautiful in an unnatural way. Not that I do mean plastic surgery (she is too young for that) but I prefer the fresh and wild beauty of an healthy face with freckles and laughing-wrinkles above the quite non-expressive but oh-so 'perfect' face (incuding lots of tan) of Princess Madeleine.

Madeleine might meet certain standards of beauty. For me she appears dull and not able to catch my attention. The younger Princess Caroline, could (and can), with wrinkles et al.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Commoner

For me

1. Princess Grace
2. Princess Diana
3. Queen Rania
4. Charlotte
5. Princess Madlaine
6. Princess Maxima

And don´t forget. Princess Margaret of England was a stunning beauty in her younger days too.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Only one brother left

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
You're right Henri - queen Paola was completely stunning, almost ethereal in her youth.

Does or did she have brothers and sisters that are equally beatiful? And whom did she inherit her beauty from?
Sadly Queen Paola has only one brother left. The only sister she had during her whole life was the Marchioness di Fontanetto con San Germano, and was 17 years (!) her senior.... Her two other sisters Donna Laura Maria and Donna Giovanella died prematurely.

Donna Maria Christina Laura San Martino d'Agliè Marchioness di Fontanetto con San Germano née dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 2003

Donna Laura Maria Rufina Baroness Ricasoli Firidolfi née dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 1972

Don Fabrizio Beniamino Prince Ruffo di Calabria-Santapau, Prince di Palazzolo, Prince di Scilla, Marquess di Licodia, Duke of Guardia Lombarda, etc. died in 2005

Don Augusto dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 1943

Donna Giovanella dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 1941

Don Antonello dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria is still alive (he is 77 years now).
Old 09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry Grace-Patricia, but I think it is not nice to say who is the less attractive!!
Everybody can see the poll results, anyways.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Royal Highness

Well I'm happy that being unattractive (0% according this poll) does not mean unpopular.

The very popular and loved Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands (apparently an ugly woman according this poll) yesterday in front of 55.000 people (soccer Netherlands vs Bulgaria) and last week (ball for her brother-in-law, The Prince of Orange).

Equally ugly was also Princess Mabel (0% according this poll). Show her ugliness in the most recent picture.

Well, if these two are so ugly, then all the others must be divine beauties!

Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Sorry Grace-Patricia, bu I think it is not nice to say who is the less attractive!!
Everybody can see the poll results, anyways.
I did meanwhile deleted the message by saying who in my eyes in less attractive. Well it was just the truth I was saying.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
Sadly Queen Paola has only one brother left. The only sister she had during her whole life was the Marchioness di Fontanetto con San Germano, and was 17 years (!) her senior.... Her two other sisters Donna Laura Maria and Donna Giovanella died prematurely.

Donna Maria Christina Laura San Martino d'Agliè Marchioness di Fontanetto con San Germano née dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 2003

Donna Laura Maria Rufina Baroness Ricasoli Firidolfi née dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 1972

Don Fabrizio Beniamino Prince Ruffo di Calabria-Santapau, Prince di Palazzolo, Prince di Scilla, Marquess di Licodia, Duke of Guardia Lombarda, etc. died in 2005

Don Augusto dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 1943

Donna Giovanella dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria died in 1941

Don Antonello dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria is still alive (he is 77 years now).
Thanks for the answer
I have to look up this family and take a closer look at them; how sad that there is only two left out of so many brothers and sisters.