The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who's the most beautiful royal woman?
Princess Diana 60 10.07%
Princess Beatrice 1 0.17%
Princess Eugenie 3 0.50%
Crown Princess Mathilde 21 3.52%
Crown Princess Mary 79 13.26%
Countess Alexandra 5 0.84%
Crown Princess Maxima 14 2.35%
Princess Laurentien 1 0.17%
Princess Mabel 0 0%
Queen Noor 6 1.01%
Queen Rania 76 12.75%
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg 9 1.51%
Princess Grace 81 13.59%
Princess Caroline 29 4.87%
Princess Stephanie 1 0.17%
Charlotte Casiraghi 38 6.38%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit 16 2.68%
Princess Märtha Louise 7 1.17%
Crown Princess Letizia 56 9.40%
Infanta Elena 0 0%
Infanta Cristina 9 1.51%
Crown Princess Victoria 15 2.52%
Princess Madeleine 40 6.71%
Other 29 4.87%
Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

[quote=Australian]
Quote:

When Maxima was in Australia, I don't think she was recognized that much at all. At least not compared with how much recognize Mary! In terms of news coverage, there was next to nothing of their visit, personally, i had to search for news on them, it wasnt really covered on mainstream news.

I really don't think she was very much recongized when she was here. She may have been recognized by a few people (handful of Dutch community)Certainly not 'almost as much' as Mary was recognized. The Dutch community makes up over 1.35% of the Australian population i believe.
whatever. Madame Royale was saying earlier that Mary's recognition stretches over various continents unlike some of the other princesses like Maxima of the Netherlands.

Well, if we just calculate in Maxima's being recognized in Argentina, the country she's born in which has a population of almost 40 mil, than whatever recognition she has or hasn't in Australia, a country with only 2 million more inhabitants than even the Netherlands, is not that relevant for the argument that if it comes down to recognition, Maxima and Letizia have a bigger share - LAtin America, it's called. A continent where Maxima and Letizia are more recognized than Mary. And again, nothing against Mary, on the contrary.

besides Australia, Scandinavia and Germany perhaps, Mary doesn't get much recognition, it seems to me. But so what? The topic here is beauty and Mary is doing extremely well in the poll & in real life too with a lovely life, husband, family & gig, so why the chips on the shoulder? I for one have nothing against the girl, although I voted for Grace, if that is allowed.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

nobody is getting defensive, lol. Just telling you my perspective. BTW, Australia's population is 20 million, the Netherlands is 16 million. I think the most beautiful royal woman is Sophie Wessex, she is quietly beautiful.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
nobody is getting defensive, lol. Just telling you my perspective. I think the most beautiful royal woman is Sophie Wessex, she is quietly beautiful.
Now that is an interesting pov. I don't disagree with you on that one, especially regarding her face and her demeanor.
Not sure sometimes re her clothing choices let's say. If I may come back to Mary I think Sophie could really learn a thing or two about style from the princess of Denmark!

Have to say I'm a bit surprised Mathilde of Belgium doesn't get more votes - I think she's in the league of Sophie W., a quietly beautiful woman. Maybe modesty doesn't help one get votes? But then, Mary's a pretty modest personality and she's getting votes! And on the other hand, someone like Mette Marit, also very pretty, doesn't! A most mysterious topic, this one!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Now that is an interesting pov. I don't disagree with you on that one, especially regarding her face and her demeanor.
Not sure sometimes re her clothing choices let's say. If I may come back to Mary I think Sophie could really learn a thing or two about style from the princess of Denmark!
true! I think what draws me to Sophie is that she is internally beautiful, im guessing, because she seems like someone you can have a beer with and share a laugh and not worry about how your looks are- that is what true beauty is to me. :)

I mean, i am attracted to girls i know who are not necessarily physically attractive but have beautiful personalities and soul- thats the selling point for me.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
true! I think what draws me to Sophie is that she is internally beautiful, im guessing, because she seems like someone you can have a beer with and share a laugh and not worry about how your looks are- that is what true beauty is to me. :)

I mean, i am attracted to girls i know who are not necessarily physically attractive but have beautiful personalities and soul- thats the selling point for me.
Australian, you're making me regret my vote!! Voted for lovely Grace of Monaco, but had I actually met her, I think I'd have been to intimidated to say much, let alone over a beer! Agree true beauty <is> an inside as well as an 'outside' job, and it shouldn't be intimidating. I could for that reason never have a beer with Rania (not that I'd get the opportunity!), her beauty's so picture-perfect, it would just put me off.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Nobility

I think in order to be truely beautiful, you need both looks and personality and I think Princess Mathilde has both these things so I voted for her.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Serene Highness

I am sorry but I think Princess Mette-Marit is my favorite and prettiest. I think what I like about her is that she isn't the trentiest of Princess but that she is really in love with her husband abd will be a great help mate in his furthur role as King. I also think she is an extroduinary mother, to me those our the two most important qualities becuase these woman, for the most part, will not be running countries, they will be influencing the next generation of children and be in the background of their respective spouses. I think she hass all the qualities necessary to fulfil her future role and will do a fantastic job. To me, she also seems so down to earth and so very much in love with her husband and family, IMO
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Olga made a good point re Princess Maxima, though it must also be stated that the Argentine Republic is just that, and their familiarisation with many a constitutional monarchy is somewhat limited when compared to that of Australia which is itself, a Federal Constitutional Monarchy.

I certainly see the points she has made and worthy of noting they are.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Aristocracy

This is very difficult! I voted Queen Rania. I'm not sure but I think I've read she has some surgery done, so she is not a natural beauty.. I think that princess Letizia, princess Märte Louise, Charlotte Casiraghi and princess Mary are natural beauties!

Crown Princess Victoria also has something very special. I can't explain it but I think it's because of her charm and because she is very warm-harted!

And of course I can't forget our own queen Paola! When she was young, she was a real beauty and now she is still beautiful for her age...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Nobility

for me:
1-lalla meryem
2-princess mathilde
3-princess laetizia= queen rania
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Nobility

the most handsome is prince haakon
Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
But in comparison to say the Crown Princesses of Belgium, Norway, or the Netherlands for example (and respectively), Mary is more widely recognised given the distribution of the interest which stretches across the globe, from one continent to another. So you can stand by whatever comment you wish, Little_star
Well I don't follow those Royal houses in any great detail so have no idea whether what you are saying is true or not.

Mary may be known in 2 continents but she is not the only one, as princess_olga has pointed out. Maxima is known in 2 continents, as is Letizia. Other Royals are known in more.

However all this is OT.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, I think that Queen Paola definately deserves an honourable mention here, she was extremely beautiful in her prime and considered one of the prettiest women in Europe.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Eva-Britt and Marengo - you are so right- Paola was stunning when she was younger - in a league of her own!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

The polls says it.. and so do I ..

FELIPE!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

I cannot place Prince Amadeo from Belgium (SP???). Can someone help me with a picture???

Thanks!
Tenngirl
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Agree re Paola however I for the life of me cannot put my finger on whether I like her personality or not. She either to me seems way arrogant, or way way indifferent, and down to earth and unpretentious. At other times she comes across as utterly depressed! And then..recently, when they did a documentary about her, I heard her voice for the first time. I thought she had a terribly unattractive voice, sorry. But yes there's no question that in her younger days, she just could outshine ANYone, including Grace of Monaco!

But her personality doesn't get points as far as I can understand it. Then again, I know next to nothing about the woman. Maybe we tend to vote for those who we also think we know a bit, like Letizia or Mary for example?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Well I don't follow those Royal houses in any great detail so have no idea whether what you are saying is true or not.

Mary may be known in 2 continents but she is not the only one, as princess_olga has pointed out. Maxima is known in 2 continents, as is Letizia. Other Royals are known in more.

However all this is OT.
It's a bit on topic actually because as I think Madame Royale's point was, that for example a lot of votes might go to Mary because more people know her across various countries.
Gets me thinking that indeed, if, say, the majority of this forum was comprised of folks in, say, the United States, you might get a different outcome of this poll (more likely someone lik Diana, or Rania who often goes onto American talk shows) than if most of us were from, say, Latin America where more people might vote for for example Letizia.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
It's a bit on topic actually because as I think Madame Royale's point was, that for example a lot of votes might go to Mary because more people know her across various countries.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Let's move away from how well known Mary is. This thread is for who you think is the most beautiful royal woman. Further off topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks

Royal Chit Chat Moderators

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series