The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who will be the best future European Queen Consort or Prince Consort?
Camilla Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom) 8 12.12%
Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway (Norway) 3 4.55%
Letizia, Princess of Asturias (Spain) 4 6.06%
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark (Denmark) 26 39.39%
Sophie, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein) 1 1.52%
Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Sweden) 16 24.24%
Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (Luxembourg) 8 12.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Como você é do Brasil vou dizer em Português:

Eu disse que se Albert tiver um filho, Caroline não será sua sucessora.
Sim, agora eu entendi. Obrigado pela explicação.

Guys, Blog Real meant to say "If Albert has a child, Caroline will not be his successor".

Well, we don't know if His Serene Highness will ever have legitimate children. So, as things stand now, Princess Caroline is the next Monegasque Sovereign, and her husband will be the consort.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

I doubt that Ernst August will win a poll for "best future consort". I think that he is the opposite of that. JMHO of course.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Are they officially separated or it that speculation?
According to her Wikipedia page it was reported in 2009 that they were separated and she'd returned to living in Monaco.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
I doubt that Ernst August will win a poll for "best future consort". I think that he is the opposite of that. JMHO of course.
So, give the man at least the chance of lose it.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Realistically speaking, the Prince of Hanover doesn't fit this poll. He's the anomaly.

Even though he currently remains legally married to Princess Caroline, if she were to succeed to the throne he certainly wouldn't be officially recognised as the Monagesque Prince Consort. Unless of course the couple reconciled, as "consort" means "together".
Until that unlikely event, HRH Prince Ernst August (V), Prince of Hanover, Prince of Great Britain and Ireland, Duke of Brunswick and Lüneburg, legal spouse or separated spouse of the Sovereign Princess - yes; but HRH The Prince Consort of Monaco - no.

The fact of being the legal husband of the Sovereign Princess would not automatically give him the official position, role or title of Prince Consort.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I voted for Prince Daniel, because he seems to be a hard working royal. He also appears to enjoy the engagements he attends. I believe he'll make a good King/Prince Consort one day.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I believe he'll make a good King/Prince Consort one day.
Is there any chance His Royal Highness become King of Sweden one day? I always thought he would become Prince Consort, like in Denmark.

Personally I don't like the idea of him (or any husband of a reigning Queen) becoming King.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Personally my opinion is Princess Mette Marit
Old 11-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Is there any chance His Royal Highness become King of Sweden one day? I always thought he would become Prince Consort, like in Denmark.
I think there could be a chance, but only if King Carl Gustaf passes a letters patent which states that Daniel can become King of Sweden (I'm not sure if they "do" letters patent in Sweden but I assume so). Although I think that Daniel will be a Prince Consort like the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Henrik, as he's currently "just" Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland and not Crown Prince Daniel.

I wrote "Prince/King" as I wasn't sure what he'd become in the future.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Nobility

I'm voted for future Grand Duchess Stéphanie !!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

From my distant view, Caroline and Ernst August are as separated as one can possibly get. He is reported (that could be exaggerated, of course) to have behaved abominably in public. It is SO ironic that Princess Grace is said to have wanted him as a son-in-law when Caroline was single. However charming and lovely Grace was, she didn't have discernment in that department, to want this EA as a son-in-law. Maybe he was not as raunchy when he was young, so Grace's very bad discernment can be excused.
In any case, if he's on the list of future consorts, I vote for putting him at the bottom of the list of "good future consorts". When Rainier died, EA was in the hospital with a near fatal liver condition from drinking. What kind of a consort is that? They have a lovely little girl, hope she does better than her father.
I agree that Stephanie is regal and will be a regal grand duchess, not just a pretty little thing.
I think Daniel is a fairybook prince. How much more regal is he, though without descent from royalty, than EA? People say he was not "much" because he was a physical trainer, but his work in PT made him graceful and regal and he helped Victoria to become the same. This shows to me that royal descent is of minor use in making a person royal in looks and behavior.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I completely agree Mariel. Daniel has my vote, he has exceeded expectations and is more "princely" than some of the birth ones!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I completely agree Mariel. Daniel has my vote, he has exceeded expectations and is more "princely" than some of the birth ones!
I'm wit you in regards to Daniel. He projects friendliness, and his love and support for his wife are very evident. He's a natural, and Sweden is lucky to have him.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

My vote is for Daniel, too.
And my second favourite is Mary.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Courtier

im sure they all do the best they can..

but my vote is for mary,
not only because she is "my" crownprincess but simply because i think she does a fantastic job as crownprincess and as lovely wife and mother. she has my biggest respect for all what she has managed in the only 9 years she has been a crownprincess plus at the same time get used to a new country, culture and language.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

My vote is for Mary because she is doing a very good job also princess suits her.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Daniel
Princess Mary
Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Prince Daniel
Princess Mary
I agree, these 2 seem to be the most prepared.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Mary and Daniel! And Máxima who of course is already a Queen Consort. :-)