The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is the best future European monarch?
Denmark: Frederik 32 10.70%
Norway: Haakon 30 10.03%
Sweden: Victoria 64 21.40%
United Kingdom: Charles 43 14.38%
Spain: Felipe 54 18.06%
Belgium: Phillipe 6 2.01%
Luxembourg: Guillaume 12 4.01%
The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander 38 12.71%
Liechtenstein: Alois 3 1.00%
Monaco: Caroline 17 5.69%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Nobility

I vote for Prince Felipe.
He has proven to be a well trained prince.
Felipe is very intelligent, responsible, perfectionist, and a hard-working man who loves his work, he is really devote to his work!
Any journalist or politician who has had the honour to speak with the Prince of Asturias always say that he a is extremely trained and intelligent man.
So due to this set of virtues, he will certainly be a great King for Spain and I am not surprised that prince Felipe is in first or two place in this poll.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Willem-Alexander, Victoria and Charles are my top picks. Poor Alois, no votes for him, but that's probably because he's already practically in charge, isn't he? No complains from the Liechtensteiners, so I assume everything is going well there XD

His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Prince Felipe NO buts about that.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Courtier

I voted for Prince Frederik.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Aristocracy

1. Frederick
2. Felipe
3. Willem-Alexander
Old 06-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Courtier

I vote Prince Charles.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Royal Highness

Frederik
Willem-Alexander
Phillippe
Felipe
Old 11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Personally I vote for:
1. CP Willem-Alexander
2. CP Haakon
3. CP Victoria
4. CP Felipe
5. CP Phillipe
Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Nobility

I think CP Victoria would do a fantastic job but I voted for Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. He seems truly interested in his future job and has a lot of loving support from his family. It was a very hard choice to chose between the two!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Fortunately I don't have any hard choices. I am sure CP Frederik will be a wonderful King for Denmark. That is why I voted for him.

This doesn't mean I don't think any of the other CP's woun't be eaqually wonderful heads of states for their countries. I am sure they will.

I just don't live in these countries. Therefore I don't have the same (sufficient) knowlege about the relationship between the people and CP's in those countries - as I have about the relationship between Frederik and the Danish people.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I am sure CP Frederik will be a wonderful King for Denmark. That is why I woted for him.
Honestly, we don't see Frederik working very often. I always get the feeling he is sailing more often then working. His wife definitely does a better job.
Just my opinion..

Old 11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Honestly, we don't see Frederik working very often. I always get the feeling he is sailing more often then working. His wife definitely does a better job.
Just my opinion..
So, do you question my ability to judge whether I concider him to be capable of becoming an exellent head of state for Denmark?

In the post I wrote telling why I voted for Frederik I did my utmost to point out, that my choice didn't mean finding the other CP's less worthy to become heads of state for their countries then Frederik is in becomming head of state for Denmark.

But for Denmark Frederik is the best. He is a Dane. End of story!

And then I have to read a comment like the one quoted above......

If you want to have a discussion about the workload of CP Frederik - or any other CP for that matter - then you are welcomed! But I will not participate in such a futile discussion - that is senseless IMO.

You are free to have whatever oppinion you want. But don't question my ability to judge whether I find the CP of Denmark to be suited for his future position or not. That is insulting!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

WHAT??
Did I say that I question your ability to judge whatever? No, I didn't.
You expressed your opinion...
and I expressed mine.
That's it. End of the story.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Courtier

I expressed my opinion.......

"I am sure CP Frederik will be a wonderful King for Denmark. That is why I woted for him".

And then you expressed your opinion about my opinion.........

"Honestly, we don't see Frederik working very often. I always get the feeling he is sailing more often then working. His wife definitely does a better job. "

That is questioning my ability to judge what I concider to be right. Not directly but indirectly.

Futhermore going through the previous posts on this thread it is pretty obvious that whatever opinion any poster has expresed - this opinion has been allowed either to stand as it was posted or to be commented positively.

But my opinion was commented negatively - by you. That to is questioning my ability to judge. Not directly but indirectly.

By the way, who is "we"......(You wrote: "Honestly, we don't see Frederik......)
Old 11-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post

That is questioning my ability to judge what I concider to be right. Not directly but indirectly.
Ok then I am sorry that you got this impression.
We are entitled to our opinion (positive or negative), and can express it the way that we choose, without that conferring any type of insult to other posters opinions or abilities. That's the whole story.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Royal Highness

I immediately voted for Crown Prince Frederik as he is my favourite royal and because I search out news about him more than the others it seems to me that he is very busy all the time. As I don't search out news so much about CP Felipe of Spain it made me realise i do not know how much work he does so assume he doesn't do much which, of course, is not correct. Therefore, looking at the question again I have formed three further opinions: 1) To answer the question in an unbiased way I will have to do more research on all the candidates 2) Each future monarch will be the best for their country 3) Willem-Alexander will probably be the best overall monarch in a technical sense whilst CP Frederik will remain my favourite!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I immediately voted for Crown Prince Frederik as he is my favourite royal and because I search out news about him more than the others it seems to me that he is very busy all the time. As I don't search out news so much about CP Felipe of Spain it made me realise i do not know how much work he does so assume he doesn't do much which, of course, is not correct. Therefore, looking at the question again I have formed three further opinions: 1) To answer the question in an unbiased way I will have to do more research on all the candidates 2) Each future monarch will be the best for their country 3) Willem-Alexander will probably be the best overall monarch in a technical sense whilst CP Frederik will remain my favourite!
That is a brilliant post, Jacknch . A brilliant post
Old 11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

I voted for your handsome Danish Prince as well.I saw him at the forum for the first time and I really liked him...not only physically of course,he seems a real nice guy!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria and Felipe will be the better future kings. Choose beetwen them has been very hard for me, but I voted for Felipe because he is my prince
Old 11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Victoria is the best one!