Best future European monarch

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the best future European monarch?

• Denmark: Frederik

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Norway: Haakon

Votes: 30 10.1%
  • Sweden: Victoria

Votes: 65 21.8%
  • United Kingdom: Charles

Votes: 43 14.4%
  • Spain: Felipe

Votes: 52 17.4%
  • Belgium: Phillipe

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Luxembourg: Guillaume

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Liechtenstein: Alois

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Monaco: Caroline

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles. I think he has already proven that he is willing to fight for causes that he believes in and are of importance to all of us.

Prince Charles. I think he has already proven that he is willing to fight for causes that he believes in and are of importance to all of us.

Yes but once he is King he can't really do that. I think he has a lot to give and could be a great monarch but the potential is also there for him to destroy the British Throne. There are already calls for him to be skipped in favour of Prince William. Who in my opinion is no where near ready yet.

I think the best future monarch is Crown Princess Victoria.

I voted for Victoria, but Willem-A is a close second!

I voted for Prince Charles. I believe he could become a great King.

I choose Victoria! She is hardworking with a strong sense of duty.

Also, I know they are only kids, but I also love Catherina-Amalia and Princess Elisabeth. ;)

Victoria seems to be the most prepared to be monarch.

Prince Charles. Oldest and the Longest wait. He is one of the most prepared King you could have. Also he is concern and cares for many causes/issues that are important like the Environment.

I think Victoria will make a Good Queen. Some of the monarchs of a Country or all time have been Queens and they have proven to be just as Good as monarchs as mends and some better then some Kings.

Last edited:
Estelle of Sweden.

Hey, it's as good a guess as any.

I think Crown Prince Frederik has grown a lot and I have no doubt that he will be a wonderful monarch once. It'll be hard for him to succeed QMII though, she's very popular (and rightfully so, she is perhaps our greatest monarch of all time), but I have faith in him.

I also think that the Prince of Wales will be a really good monarch, but he suffers even more under the fact that his mum is such a fantastic monarch, it'll be really hard for him to live up to her.

As for Crown Princess Victoria, I have absolutely no doubt that she will be a terrific monarch. Much better than her father and I think she will be even more popular than King Gustaf VI Adolf.

HRH The Prince of Wales, of course he's the most well prepare King-n-Waiting there is and I think he will not only be a good King but I think he will go on to support his charities and be involved as much as he can. IMO, I think he will redefine the role of a British Monarch.

CP Victoria of Sweden is going to do a fantastic job and I do believe that she will be more popular than her father. The Prince of Wales will do a good job. He's been preparing for it long enough, but I'm not sure anyone can measure up to QEII. Those are some HUGE shoes to fill. And if the Spanish royal family can get past some of it's "issues" right now, I think Felipe will be a wonderful monarch.
Those are my picks as of right now.

1. King Charles III of the United Kingdom.
2. Queen Victoria of Sweden.
3. King Felipe VI of Spain.
4. Grand Duke Guillaume V of Luxembourg.
5. King Haakon VIII of Norway.
6. King Frederik X of Denmark.
7. Prince Alois III of Liechtenstein.

The Princess of Orange and the Duchess of Brabant are too young, so I not feel able to judge how good they'll reign.

Also, I don't think the Hereditary Princess of Monaco or Andrea Casiraghi will ever succeed Prince Albert II, because I think Princess Charlene will produce a heir. So, I didn't included the next monegasque Monarch on my list.

And I know he isn't a future European Monarch, but I have a lot of confidence on Crown Prince Naruhito, and I think he'll be a great Emperor for Japan. Maybe we'll see some changes in the Laws of Succession during his reign.

Last edited:
This is a hard choice, practically impossible to choose one or even two, as there some good ones on this list. I second Brazilian Empire's mention of Prince Naruhito, and I agree that there might be some positive changes in succession laws from him. I surely hope so.

Difficult question as they all have different work to do. And much depends on how they come to the throne - death or abdication, and whether the latter was imposed or otherwise.

Felipe has the hardest task. Getting more difficult every day. He will need support

No contest: Victoria. Close behind: Felipe

1. King Charles III of the United Kingdom.
2. Queen Victoria of Sweden.
3. King Felipe VI of Spain.
4. Grand Duke Guillaume V of Luxembourg.
5. King Haakon VIII of Norway.
6. King Frederik X of Denmark.
7. Prince Alois III of Liechtenstein.

The Princess of Orange and the Duchess of Brabant are too young, so I not feel able to judge how good they'll reign.

Also, I don't think the Hereditary Princess of Monaco or Andrea Casiraghi will ever succeed Prince Albert II, because I think Princess Charlene will produce a heir. So, I didn't included the next monegasque Monarch on my list.

And I know he isn't a future European Monarch, but I have a lot of confidence on Crown Prince Naruhito, and I think he'll be a great Emperor for Japan. Maybe we'll see some changes in Laws of Succession during his reign.

I agree with all of your choices, particularly Victoria and Guillaume. Both seem extremely conscientious and hard working. I think Philippe of Belgium is also going to surprise quite a few people.;)

The one I am not sure about is Frederick of Denmark. For reasons that I cannot quite put my finger on, I cannot see him making a smooth and successful transition from Crown Prince to King.:sad:

I can't answer this question because each future monarch will be the best for their own country and will have their own strengths and weaknesses. Who is the best current monarch? Is it about who suits being king/queen best, who looks best, who works the hardest? Impossible to answer!!!

I can't answer this question because each future monarch will be the best for their own country and will have their own strengths and weaknesses. Who is the best current monarch? Is it about who suits being king/queen best, who looks best, who works the hardest? Impossible to answer!!!

True, but an interesting question nonetheless. :flowers: Anyone know if Juan Carlos abdicating is even a possibility? He looks very old and very frail lately. But he is a very stubborn man:flowers:

Kind of a silly poll. They have all been prepared for their future roles and I see no evidence so far that any of them will be bad at their future position as monarch.

Last edited:
As I said previously, impossible as they all have different work to do for their countries.

One thing I do know for certain - they will all do it better than me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom