Bad-Tempered Princesses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea, Karima.But i think that a lot of pricesses have bad-temper, becouse maybe they´re a bit spoiled.

I know that Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece has a bad temper, she yelled at a hotel attendant for not addressing her properly! when she technically has no real title!

Any outlashing from a Princess sometimes has little to do with character and everything to do with the fact that maybe they dont' want to be somewhere or have been on a 14 hour flight with little rest.

Sometimes they forget they are being watched very closely. Princesses like Marie-Chantal, Mary, and the others were not born into it but married into it and they often don't grasp it right away all the demands.

I do think the ones born into do tend to be spoiled. I am probably bet my life on it that every Princess at one point or another has been snoddy, rude, and impolite themselves;they are after all human.

I can totally see Mary Chantal as a spoiled brat....don't ask why. just a feeling.
As for Queen Rania, I can see her as a superficial person, that only cares for fashion.

karima said:
I can totally see Mary Chantal as a spoiled brat....don't ask why. just a feeling.
As for Queen Rania, I can see her as a superficial person, that only cares for fashion.

karima
I totally agree with you about M-C! She is spoilt and a title has really gone to her head. I can imagine that when her father-in-law passes on she will insist on being addressed as Her Majesty! :eek:

As far as Rania I think there is a lot more to the lady than we percieve. Having been a refugee she knows what it is like to be poor, which may have a lot to do with why she appears aquisative, and I think she does a lot of work in Jordan that we never hear anything about. I really hate that people judge her on what they read in the press. :mad:

Caroline of Monaco

I think Caroline of Monaco is a bit bad-tempered too... or at lesat really tough sometimes...

Elearis

elenaris said:
I think Caroline of Monaco is a bit bad-tempered too... or at lesat really tough sometimes...

Elearis

I don't blame Caroline for being bad-tempered, with all the paparazzi around her. Other princesses don't get as much chased by them as her.

i also wanted to remember that bad tempered situations mette marit had in the first years as crown princess, when the plane incident happened (when she hit a journalist and when she almost hit haakon) and threatened him with the finger (and then went down the stairs of the plane and started smiling at the surprised crowd as if nothing had happened), or when they moved to london and her continuous bad gestures to the press. also, the first christmas in the palace she refused to attend to that dinner the king offers each yearto the service of the palace...

carlota said:
i also wanted to remember that bad tempered situations mette marit had in the first years as crown princess, when the plane incident happened (when she hit a journalist and when she almost hit haakon) and threatened him with the finger (and then went down the stairs of the plane and started smiling at the surprised crowd as if nothing had happened), or when they moved to london and her continuous bad gestures to the press. also, the first christmas in the palace she refused to attend to that dinner the king offers each yearto the service of the palace...

The plane incident was triggered by Mette-Marit's extreme fear of flying, and a wish she had expressed that she be allowed to have those moments privately without press around. I can't say that I blame her for that. When you have to something you don't like very much, it doesn't take very much before you're pushed over the edge.

I haven't heard anything about the other two incidents that you mention, before. Which Christmas was it? The first one when they had just gotten engaged or the first Christmas after they were married?

Märtha Louise had a bad relationship with the press in England for a while, resulting in the famous picture of her giving them the finger.

Most of the time I think that royals aren't more bad-tempered than other people, it is only that we get to see it more publicly when they do something.

RoseMary said:
Any outlashing from a Princess sometimes has little to do with character and everything to do with the fact that maybe they dont' want to be somewhere or have been on a 14 hour flight with little rest.

Sometimes they forget they are being watched very closely. Princesses like Marie-Chantal, Mary, and the others were not born into it but married into it and they often don't grasp it right away all the demands.

I do think the ones born into do tend to be spoiled. I am probably bet my life on it that every Princess at one point or another has been snoddy, rude, and impolite themselves;they are after all human.

I don't think that excuses bad behavior. I travel long distance a lot (12-13 hr flights in economy class seats!), and am frequently in situations where I'm just completely wiped out. Yet, I don't yell at people even then. Lets face it, eveyone has to do things in life that they don't necessarily enjoy. But most normal people don't treat other people in such a nasty and rude manner, out of good manners, and for some, maybe because they know no one will put up with such behavior. For royals, their workers have to put up with such treatment. But I see no reason why when these royals throw tantrums they should be excused just because they can get away with it.

Last edited:
Well said Norwegianne. The incident where Mette Marit got angry is totally understandable and has nothing to do with being a snobby royal. When you have just finished doing something you hate, your greatet fear, and are being met by jounalist and cameras in your face, who would not go mad?

norwegianne said:
The plane incident was triggered by Mette-Marit's extreme fear of flying, and a wish she had expressed that she be allowed to have those moments privately without press around. I can't say that I blame her for that. When you have to something you don't like very much, it doesn't take very much before you're pushed over the edge.

I haven't heard anything about the other two incidents that you mention, before. Which Christmas was it? The first one when they had just gotten engaged or the first Christmas after they were married?

Märtha Louise had a bad relationship with the press in England for a while, resulting in the famous picture of her giving them the finger.

Most of the time I think that royals aren't more bad-tempered than other people, it is only that we get to see it more publicly when they do something.

Mette-Marit is always whitewashed of everything she does. It's easy, just divert the discussion on Märtha Louise's sins or excuse Mette-Marit's faults or problems altogether.

Well, other royals also ask but they don't necessarily get their wish to be left alone by the press. I understand that Mette-Marit had/has a flying phobia but so do a few hundred other people, but they would be thrown off the plane under the same circumstances.

Princesses may be royal but they are still like everyone else and sometimes have bad days and act poorly. I am not trying to excuse their bad behavior but everyone makes mistakes.

I think, ROyals, should lead their people. Their ancestor plotted and fought to be head of states and now, royals are much more fashion icons and simply do not understanf that they have a duty.
As for Rania, I am not sure she was poor because attending the American university in Cairo cost lots of $$$$$. :)

karima said:
As for Rania, I am not sure she was poor because attending the American university in Cairo cost lots of $$$$$. :)

I only know that she & her family had to flee Kuwait and that they were classified as refugees. Perhaps she attended the American University on a scholarship????

Mandy said:
Mette-Marit is always whitewashed of everything she does. It's easy, just divert the discussion on Märtha Louise's sins or excuse Mette-Marit's faults or problems altogether.

Well, other royals also ask but they don't necessarily get their wish to be left alone by the press. I understand that Mette-Marit had/has a flying phobia but so do a few hundred other people, but they would be thrown off the plane under the same circumstances.

i totally agree with mandy.

i bet the crown princess of spain has a horrible temper. she seems to be rude and stuck up on herself and who she married.
on rania, there are such things as rich refugees. her family might had had money or jewels hidden or something.
on mette-marit, when you are in a situation where you are scared for your life you can snap in an instant. think if there was a spider on you, are you going to smile as you kindly remove it or are you going to scream and throw your arms around hoping to knock the spider off?

lamass said:
on mette-marit, when you are in a situation where you are scared for your life you can snap in an instant. think if there was a spider on you, are you going to smile as you kindly remove it or are you going to scream and throw your arms around hoping to knock the spider off?

Screaming has never scared a spider away and most spiders are harmless yet arachnophobia does exist. But, you missed my point altogether. If it had been anyone other than a Crown Princess on board the plane throwing a temper tantrum, they would have been thrown off the plane. She was accorded special treatment because of her status.

Mandy said:
Screaming has never scared a spider away and most spiders are harmless yet arachnophobia does exist. But, you missed my point altogether. If it had been anyone other than a Crown Princess on board the plane throwing a temper tantrum, they would have been thrown off the plane. She was accorded special treatment because of her status.

So they where just going to parachute Mette Marit out of the plane? Bye bye your highness see you on the ground! :D I have been on a plane where someone were terrified of flying, they started screaming outloud and cried brecause they were so scared, everyone on the plane had symphatey for that person, and the flight stewardess did an excellent calming her down. Although she sat on economy:eek: . Royal or not, we are all humans with fears and negative sides.

No need for a parachute as the plane was already on the ground and she was on the steps getting out of it:D

[ I understand that Mette-Marit had/has a flying phobia but so do a few hundred other people, but they would be thrown off the plane under the same circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm not asking for perfect behavior at all times, after all they are only humans. But there's a line between acceptable bahavior, and what's just plain rude and undignified. If these princesses are having a bad day, there are acceptable ways to express their moods. The examples of bahavior by Marie Chantal and Mette-Marit given here are not acceptable, even for normal people, what more for princesses who represent their countries. Don't forget how much royals get from taxpayers money to sustain their materially comfortable lifestyles. Representing their countries is pretty much their "jobs". Is it not too much to ask for reasonably good behavior? Think of how the public would react if, say, the president of a country has a bad day and decides to yell at people in public, or give "finger signs" to journalists. When you're a public figure, espescially in one in a respectful position, you have a responsibility to watch how you behave.

Personally, I feel that when royals mistreat other people because they know they can get away with it, its an abuse of power and position.

Larzen said:
No need for a parachute as the plane was already on the ground and she was on the steps getting out of it:D

So what is Mandy's point about throwing her off the plane when she actually had her tantrum when she was on her way out of it?:p Who know perhaps she was thrown out after all??:D

bolla said:
So what is Mandy's point about throwing her off the plane when she actually had her tantrum when she was on her way out of it?:p Who know perhaps she was thrown out after all??:D

My point is that people with such problems are required to have medical attention and/or sedation before boarding. The Royal Family was very much aware of Mette-Marit's phobia, yet they let her board the plane unprepared. She only received appropriate treatment after she received publicity over this incident. Mette-Marit was allowed to use the same airline again.

Members of the general public who cause such disturbances are usually barred from using the ariline again.

I don't know but, some royal princesses seems like DIVAs, which is totally unappropriate because they are supposed to represent their countries in the best way possible. Some waste money...the one I cannot seem to like at all is Mette Marit. Her background is too shady and if, it is totally acceptable for a regular person, it is not for a HP. Royalty should evolve but not to the point where we have a shady Princess with a son of her own.

She only received appropriate treatment after she received publicity over this incident.

That is not true, Mette Marit got help with her flying phobia already while she was engaged to Haakon. But I see your point;)

I know that princess Ann has (or used to have) very bad temper. I have Kitty Kelley's book about the British royal family where she describes the young princess Ann as very annoying person.

carlota said:

I saw Mette-Marit’s plane incident on TV,too She behaved so vulgarly and showed her true colours. I do not think that she is a honest person. No wonder that Princess Ragnhild does not like her at all. She is a typical gold-digger who wears a mask in order to marry into a royal family and unfortunately she is not the only one in the noble circles. These kind of women exclusively are in love with money and the monarchies .

Guido said:
I saw Mette-Marit’s plane incident on TV,too She behaved so vulgarly and showed her true colours. I do not think that she is a honest person. No wonder that Princess Ragnhild does not like her at all. She is a typical gold-digger who wears a mask in order to marry into a royal family and unfortunately she is not the only one in the noble circles. These kind of women exclusively are in love with money and the monarchies .

i'm afraid i have to agree with guido. i tried really hard to see that sweet and lovely way of seeing mette marit many people in the forum have, but i still have difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom