The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

No need for a parachute as the plane was already on the ground and she was on the steps getting out of it

Old 04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Commoner

[ I understand that Mette-Marit had/has a flying phobia but so do a few hundred other people, but they would be thrown off the plane under the same circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm not asking for perfect behavior at all times, after all they are only humans. But there's a line between acceptable bahavior, and what's just plain rude and undignified. If these princesses are having a bad day, there are acceptable ways to express their moods. The examples of bahavior by Marie Chantal and Mette-Marit given here are not acceptable, even for normal people, what more for princesses who represent their countries. Don't forget how much royals get from taxpayers money to sustain their materially comfortable lifestyles. Representing their countries is pretty much their "jobs". Is it not too much to ask for reasonably good behavior? Think of how the public would react if, say, the president of a country has a bad day and decides to yell at people in public, or give "finger signs" to journalists. When you're a public figure, espescially in one in a respectful position, you have a responsibility to watch how you behave.

Personally, I feel that when royals mistreat other people because they know they can get away with it, its an abuse of power and position.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
No need for a parachute as the plane was already on the ground and she was on the steps getting out of it
So what is Mandy's point about throwing her off the plane when she actually had her tantrum when she was on her way out of it?:p Who know perhaps she was thrown out after all??
Old 04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolla
So what is Mandy's point about throwing her off the plane when she actually had her tantrum when she was on her way out of it?:p Who know perhaps she was thrown out after all??
My point is that people with such problems are required to have medical attention and/or sedation before boarding. The Royal Family was very much aware of Mette-Marit's phobia, yet they let her board the plane unprepared. She only received appropriate treatment after she received publicity over this incident. Mette-Marit was allowed to use the same airline again.

Members of the general public who cause such disturbances are usually barred from using the ariline again.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Gentry

I don't know but, some royal princesses seems like DIVAs, which is totally unappropriate because they are supposed to represent their countries in the best way possible. Some waste money...the one I cannot seem to like at all is Mette Marit. Her background is too shady and if, it is totally acceptable for a regular person, it is not for a HP. Royalty should evolve but not to the point where we have a shady Princess with a son of her own.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Gentry

She only received appropriate treatment after she received publicity over this incident.

That is not true, Mette Marit got help with her flying phobia already while she was engaged to Haakon. But I see your point
Old 04-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

princess margaret had a bad temper.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

I know that princess Ann has (or used to have) very bad temper. I have Kitty Kelley's book about the British royal family where she describes the young princess Ann as very annoying person.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i also wanted to remember that bad tempered situations mette marit had in the first years as crown princess, when the plane incident happened (when she hit a journalist and when she almost hit haakon) and threatened him with the finger (and then went down the stairs of the plane and started smiling at the surprised crowd as if nothing had happened), or when they moved to london and her continuous bad gestures to the press. also, the first christmas in the palace she refused to attend to that dinner the king offers each yearto the service of the palace...

I saw Mette-Marits plane incident on TV,too She behaved so vulgarly and showed her true colours. I do not think that she is a honest person. No wonder that Princess Ragnhild does not like her at all. She is a typical gold-digger who wears a mask in order to marry into a royal family and unfortunately she is not the only one in the noble circles. These kind of women exclusively are in love with money and the monarchies .

Old 04-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

I saw Mette-Marits plane incident on TV,too She behaved so vulgarly and showed her true colours. I do not think that she is a honest person. No wonder that Princess Ragnhild does not like her at all. She is a typical gold-digger who wears a mask in order to marry into a royal family and unfortunately she is not the only one in the noble circles. These kind of women exclusively are in love with money and the monarchies .
i'm afraid i have to agree with guido. i tried really hard to see that sweet and lovely way of seeing mette marit many people in the forum have, but i still have difficulties.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Talking

In regard to Mette-Marit I understood that there was a journalist/photographer on the plane that she was not informed of. This was a contributing factor to her blow up along with the phobia of flying.

Could you imagine flying along completely unaware that you are being watched/taped or whatever..... You could say or do something that could have severe consequences because your guard is down. Either way it was a severe oversight for whomever was suppose to inform her.

I don't think that Mette-Marit is a gold digger. She probably thought that there was no possibility for her & Hakon longterm because she was a single parent. If anything she was probably shocked at the prospect of marrying him and accending the throne.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

im not sure about British Royal Family? include late Diana,Princess of Wales? Sophie,Countess of Wessex? Sarah,Duchess of York? Princess Royal?

Sara Boyce
Old 04-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Gentry

I too don't find MM very nice either. I can't seem to see her sweeter side. but hey, she got the Prince :)
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
In regard to Mette-Marit I understood that there was a journalist/photographer on the plane that she was not informed of. This was a contributing factor to her blow up along with the phobia of flying.

Could you imagine flying along completely unaware that you are being watched/taped or whatever..... You could say or do something that could have severe consequences because your guard is down. Either way it was a severe oversight for whomever was suppose to inform her.
I recall this being part of the problem on that occasion, too.

I am not excusing her behaviour -- smacking someone is never right, no matter how immense your fear or phobia. However I can at least understand where she was coming from: A predisposition of a great fear of flying -- and on a small aircraft at that on this particular trip -- enhanced by a photographer trying to take your picture -- which is what I recall being the "breaking point" for her.

Mette-Marit is still no fan of the media, but I think she's at least adapted in the years since this incident. But back then she was very skeptical of the media and a photographer snapping your picture while you are in an elevated state of anxiety could push anyone over the edge. That doesn't excuse her actions but I do understand where is coming from.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I've tried to find incidents of her smacking her assistant. The only referrals I can find is that she blew up on her and scolded her loudly. She waved a finger at her, which almost hit Haakon. Had she smacked her, I'm quite certain that a number of articles at both VG and Dagbladet would have mentioned it. I've tried to find the video of the incident, but couldn't. If anyone has it (it was first sent on TVHaugalandet, I think) or a link to it, I'd be grateful.

Nothing excuses bad behaviour, and smacking someone is never right, as Alexandria pointed out. I do understand where she's coming from, but that's an entirely different matter.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Define sweetness. How is a princess deemed sweet?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Gentry

pleasant, charming, respectful.....?
Old 04-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Nobility

There are a few British royals who have been passed by here:

Princesses Anne and Margaret have long been surrounded by stories of their temper. Princess Michael of Kent has also been connected with stories of inflating her own grandeur. And, Princess Diana certainly manipulated the media in her own favour. Many of you have commented above about Mette-Marit's "two faces". What about Diana- playing the abandonned wife to the public while in private, providing information to photographers about where she would be and speaking so frankly to Andrew Morton?

I'm not saying any of these actions were not understood..... but clearly, there were some Princesses in England who had some tempers of their own!

Eliza
Old 04-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Interesting topic...but what about bad-tempered Princes?

I have a few ideas here...

Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

according to HOLA magazine, spanish version, it says that she actually hit haakon...
http://www.hola.com/anteriores/2002/01/16/ho2998s4/

no video... but two photos.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all