Old 12-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Right,Queen of Australia - Nicole Kidman
Lord Bondi - 1st Earl of Darling Harbour - Russell Crowe

Sir Adelaide - 1st Baron of South Australia - Mel Gibson
Interesting list especially since you name 3 non-native Aussies on it...

Old 12-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Tulip
Madeline, Countess of New South Wales (like Dennism said she would love Bondi)

Princess Victoria of Tasmania (I know its Mary's home but V would be used to the cold)
:)
Yes, she would be great for Bondi. I see it now...Yes, Victoria of Tasmania. Also she would appreciate the countryside. Lots of good places to walk around. It would be like a warmer version of Sweden. Just a lot more green!

Old 12-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Interesting list especially since you name 3 non-native Aussies on it...
Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"
Old 12-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Courtier

I saw an interview with an Australian that wanted Tasmania to become a part of Denmark and then breake the relations to Australia and the British empire. Funny thought I think
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"
Well, I knew about Nicole and Russell. But Mel I didn't know. I think he moved to Oz when he was about 15 or so. I didn't realize he had Aussie parents. Well, these things will count if they become Aussie royals now. :)
Yes, Russell lives in Oz and keeps the police rather busy no doubt. ha ha ha. Just kidding.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
I saw an interview with an Australian that wanted Tasmania to become a part of Denmark and then breake the relations to Australia and the British empire. Funny thought I think
Bit of an identity crisis then..:)
Old 12-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

"MII"
I agree with you. Nicole, Mel and Russell are, and always will be Australian. Just because someone was born somewhere else, doesn't mean they're not. Being Australian is in your blood, and that doesn't necessarily mean physically - we have people here born in other countries who are just as much 'Australian' and me (and I'm 5 generations Australian on one side of my family) who acquire Australian blood, if that makes sense. It also is about which country one feels loyal to.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Yes, Russell lives in Oz and keeps the police rather busy no doubt. ha ha ha. Just kidding.
.lol. Dennism...good one

Actually, Russell keeps a low profile when home. He's either on his country estate or at his apartment at Darling Harbour....Doing things for his rugby league football club etc.

Only Mel's maternal grandmother is Australian. He's maternal grandfather is American (I think ?), as are both his paternal grandparents so his only quater Aussie

It's great to see that he still attends big Australian events in Hollywood. Definitly hasn't forgotten us...

Merry Christmas Dennism.

"MII"
Old 12-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I agree with you. Nicole, Mel and Russell are, and always will be Australian. Just because someone was born somewhere else, doesn't mean they're not. Being Australian is in your blood, and that doesn't necessarily mean physically - we have people here born in other countries who are just as much 'Australian' and me (and I'm 5 generations Australian on one side of my family) who acquire Australian blood, if that makes sense. It also is about which country one feels loyal to.
I know. It's an immigrant country too just like the US. People generally came from somewhere else and that doesn't make them less Australian or American whether it's 5 generations as in your case or, eh, 285 years in my case. Well said. You're Australian through and through. My oath you are. Uh oh, I feel a song coming on...
Old 12-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
.lol. Dennism...good one

Actually, Russell keeps a low profile when home. He's either on his country estate or at his apartment at Darling Harbour....Doing things for his rugby league football club etc.

Only Mel's maternal grandmother is Australian. He's maternal grandfather is American (I think ?), as are both his paternal grandparents so his only quater Aussie

It's great to see that he still attends big Australian events in Hollywood. Definitly hasn't forgotten us...

Merry Christmas Dennism.

"MII"
Yes, it's only when he's in the US that he becomes the bar-fighting, telephone-wielding crazy man...O, really. So in a way he could be considered more American than Australian. Well, he has that accent though which he has lost more and more throughout the years. Merry Christmas, mate.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:32 AM

does anyone here know of any royals from other countries living in Australia?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Well lawriez, there's a Romanov prince living in Sydney and there are others appearing in the Almanach de Gotha who are listed as residing in Australia.