The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 12-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Right,Queen of Australia - Nicole Kidman
Lord Bondi - 1st Earl of Darling Harbour - Russell Crowe

Sir Adelaide - 1st Baron of South Australia - Mel Gibson
.
Interesting list especially since you name 3 non-native Aussies on it...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Tulip
Madeline, Countess of New South Wales (like Dennism said she would love Bondi)

Princess Victoria of Tasmania (I know its Mary's home but V would be used to the cold)
:)
Yes, she would be great for Bondi. I see it now...Yes, Victoria of Tasmania. Also she would appreciate the countryside. Lots of good places to walk around. It would be like a warmer version of Sweden. Just a lot more green!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Interesting list especially since you name 3 non-native Aussies on it...
Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-24-2005, 06:47 AM
betina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 538
I saw an interview with an Australian that wanted Tasmania to become a part of Denmark and then breake the relations to Australia and the British empire. Funny thought I think
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"
Well, I knew about Nicole and Russell. But Mel I didn't know. I think he moved to Oz when he was about 15 or so. I didn't realize he had Aussie parents. Well, these things will count if they become Aussie royals now. :)
Yes, Russell lives in Oz and keeps the police rather busy no doubt. ha ha ha. Just kidding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
I saw an interview with an Australian that wanted Tasmania to become a part of Denmark and then breake the relations to Australia and the British empire. Funny thought I think
Bit of an identity crisis then..:)
__________________
Thy choicest gifts in store, on her be pleased to pour, long may she reign. May she defend our laws, and ever give us cause, to sing with heart and voice, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Nicole may not have been born on Australian soil (that being Hawaii) but she is the daughter of Australian parents so she is legally a native of Australia. She had Australian citizenship from the time of her birth.

Melb Gibson may not have been born here (although lived here for much of his childhood & early adult life), but he is the grandson of an Australian norn grandmother (his mothers mother who was an opera singer) so that is good enough for me.

And Russell Crowe, well he lives here now and has married an Aussie so he pretty much is one.

"MII"
I agree with you. Nicole, Mel and Russell are, and always will be Australian. Just because someone was born somewhere else, doesn't mean they're not. Being Australian is in your blood, and that doesn't necessarily mean physically - we have people here born in other countries who are just as much 'Australian' and me (and I'm 5 generations Australian on one side of my family) who acquire Australian blood, if that makes sense. It also is about which country one feels loyal to.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Yes, Russell lives in Oz and keeps the police rather busy no doubt. ha ha ha. Just kidding.
.lol. Dennism...good one

Actually, Russell keeps a low profile when home. He's either on his country estate or at his apartment at Darling Harbour....Doing things for his rugby league football club etc.

Only Mel's maternal grandmother is Australian. He's maternal grandfather is American (I think ?), as are both his paternal grandparents so his only quater Aussie

It's great to see that he still attends big Australian events in Hollywood. Definitly hasn't forgotten us...

Merry Christmas Dennism.


"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I agree with you. Nicole, Mel and Russell are, and always will be Australian. Just because someone was born somewhere else, doesn't mean they're not. Being Australian is in your blood, and that doesn't necessarily mean physically - we have people here born in other countries who are just as much 'Australian' and me (and I'm 5 generations Australian on one side of my family) who acquire Australian blood, if that makes sense. It also is about which country one feels loyal to.
I know. It's an immigrant country too just like the US. People generally came from somewhere else and that doesn't make them less Australian or American whether it's 5 generations as in your case or, eh, 285 years in my case. Well said. You're Australian through and through. My oath you are. Uh oh, I feel a song coming on...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
.lol. Dennism...good one

Actually, Russell keeps a low profile when home. He's either on his country estate or at his apartment at Darling Harbour....Doing things for his rugby league football club etc.

Only Mel's maternal grandmother is Australian. He's maternal grandfather is American (I think ?), as are both his paternal grandparents so his only quater Aussie

It's great to see that he still attends big Australian events in Hollywood. Definitly hasn't forgotten us...

Merry Christmas Dennism.


"MII"
Yes, it's only when he's in the US that he becomes the bar-fighting, telephone-wielding crazy man...O, really. So in a way he could be considered more American than Australian. Well, he has that accent though which he has lost more and more throughout the years. Merry Christmas, mate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4
does anyone here know of any royals from other countries living in Australia?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,400
Well lawriez, there's a Romanov prince living in Sydney and there are others appearing in the Almanach de Gotha who are listed as residing in Australia.
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Family Of Albania suturegeisha Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies 154 07-08-2014 03:12 AM
Liechtenstein Princely Family (March 2003-October 2004) Part 1 Jacqueline Princely Family of Liechtenstein 165 10-30-2004 10:04 PM
Websites About the Norwegian Royal Family Soli Deo Gloria Royal House of Norway 20 09-06-2004 08:55 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]