The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you a royalist?

When we speak about ourselves maybe it is rather interesting to see the reasons we are on this Royal forums.Are we royalists?Are we just interested in royal news?
I am royalist and I believe monarchy can be restored in many countries even today.
What about you?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Like i've just written
A royalist supports a particular monarch as head of state for a particular kingdom, or of a particular dynastic claim.

I am a fan of particular royal houses, but i'm not a royalist.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

A real royalist support the restoration to the Throne of all the non-reigning Royal families in the world.That's my opinion.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I enjoy reading the royal news and interested in particular royal houses as well,but I am not a very supportive of any restoration,though I would be rather glad to see monarchy restorations happen in our republic era.I could have my idea on who would be the appropriate pretender to any throne,but it's rather private view.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Today in history and very enjoyable to follow the Royal family. Especially interested members of the Royal Family and there.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
A real royalist support the restoration to the Throne of all the non-reigning Royal families in the world.That's my opinion.
That's your definition, but it's not the correct one.
Royalists have allegiances to one royal family, why support something that's never going to happen?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I live in America so I don't really have an opinion in it.I am just interested in royals.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Monarchist vs Royalist

I mentioned this in a different thread but it perhaps fits better here:

There are also monarchists who believe in monarchy as the best form of government regardless of the current monarch -- that would include me (though I probably count as a royalist too in regards to the Danish Royal Family). I could perhaps explain my reasons for being such but that might turn into a political topic so...
Old 07-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

i intrested in royals , i dont suport certan royal family , but i love & intrested some royal familys .
this good ?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm strictly a constitutional monarchist. I support monarchies in democratic countries.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm strictly a constitutional monarchist. I support monarchies in democratic countries.
I'm exactly the same
Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

That's why the Middle Eastern monarchies don't really interest me; same with Monaco. I'm more interested in the European monarchies, particularly the BRF; for some reason, I find the Scandinavian monarchies interesting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
I'm exactly the same
Old 07-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That's why the Middle Eastern monarchies don't really interest me; same with Monaco. I'm more interested in the European monarchies, particularly the BRF; for some reason, I find the Scandinavian monarchies interesting as well.

I think the Scandinavian monarchies and the Netherlands showcase the best democracies in the world and yet to some people they are attached to an archaic institution, while there are certainly many republics that mirror the Middle Eastern countries more than people would hope. (No more on this, I promise! )
I think boards like this prove why the European monarchies plus the United Kingdom will survive and not succumb to republics. Look at the interest and participation in the "reigning" threads and the "non-reigning" threads, quite a difference isn't there? Tourism is proven to be more in monarchies (or historical monarchies like the pre-unification Italian states) than other States.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am strongly monarchist and I hope one day Monarchy will return to Russia,Georgia,Romania,Greece,Serbia,Montenegro,Albania,Turkey,Austria,Germany,France,Italy,Portugal...to speak only about Europe.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Hmmm well we in America got rid of the king some time ago.

That said I find monarchies very interesting because it's history ...so much of what they did is why the world is what it is today, good or bad.

Just consider what the assassination of AD Ferdinand touched off....the death of the heir to the throne led to war (more than one actually due to the fallout of the first one) and the death of, ultimately, millions of people across Europe. Amazing really.

MM
Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
That would be me as well (even if I live in the States).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Constitutional Monarchy is the most modern and most successful system of government.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
I think the Scandinavian monarchies and the Netherlands showcase the best democracies in the world and yet to some people they are attached to an archaic institution, while there are certainly many republics that mirror the Middle Eastern countries more than people would hope. (No more on this, I promise! )
I think boards like this prove why the European monarchies plus the United Kingdom will survive and not succumb to republics. Look at the interest and participation in the "reigning" threads and the "non-reigning" threads, quite a difference isn't there? Tourism is proven to be more in monarchies (or historical monarchies like the pre-unification Italian states) than other States.
Most of the European countries are historical monarchies, so that is maybe not a proof.

I am not a monarchist. Interested in current European monarchies and historical ones, yes, but I am not in favour of a monarchy in my country. Some good friends of mine are and it is very interesting to discuss about it, but I don't really like the monarchist ideas in France.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I am strongly monarchist and I hope one day Monarchy will return to Russia,Georgia,Romania,Greece,Serbia,Montenegro,Albania,Turkey,Austria,Germany,France,Italy,Portugal...to speak only about Europe.
France ..? The French had revolution in 1789, Napoleonic Empire in 1804, restorations in 1814 and 1815, and again revolution in 1830. French monarchists failed to keep the restoration viable.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not. They served little purpose, many were absuive. Today's, limited, constitutional monarchies are fine, for where they are. It is not the single most successful form of government. I doubt any on that long list want a return of monarchy. It is a time past.