The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Are Royal born princesses more accepted?
Yes 178 67.42%
No 86 32.58%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Courtier

I voted no,because none of the poplular princesses i know are royal born,but of course I think there's a diffrence between a princess from a notable family and one from a low class family or with a bad history

Old 03-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Majesty

there seems to be a majoruity of members saying yes Royal born princesses more accepted

Old 03-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Majesty

could a born princess get a way with more controversial stuff then a married in princess
Old 03-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
could a born princess get a way with more controversial stuff then a married in princess
well, I certainly belive that a someone who becomes a royal after marriage is often more scrutinized and perhaps needs to prove herself, for the lack of a better word, worthy. But if she makes an error people still might be forgiving, not so I believe with a born princess, for with a born princess people expect she'll know what she's doing by now, but with a married princess they might be forgiving and think that okay it's still a little new to her...I think it just depends
Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Courtier

Talking

I said no because of Letizia and Mary who, as you said, are very popular. Diana wasn't a commoner but she wasn't princess born either and everyone loved (and loves) her.

I don't know if the question has been asked and answered but has there ever been a situation where a princess born was not accepted or very unpopular?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I voted yes. While MAry and Letezia prove to be very popular right now at first there was alot of criticism against them and it took a while before many people accepted them and liked them.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Majesty

do we got more voters for this poll
Old 07-02-2005, 04:07 AM
Courtier

I come in to this thread but it is already closed :-(.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I come in to this thread but it is already closed :-(.
how do you mean closed
Old 08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Nobility

I think royal-born princesses are more accepted, but the princesses who marry into a family are more popular despite the heavy criticism they face initally. I think part of the popularity is from the whole "fairy-tale" aspect of these women's lives and relationships with their princes, and the fact they were commoners (or at least not princesses) beforehand makes them more appealing in a way to the public.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
I think royal-born princesses are more accepted, but the princesses who marry into a family are more popular despite the heavy criticism they face initally. I think part of the popularity is from the whole "fairy-tale" aspect of these women's lives and relationships with their princes, and the fact they were commoners (or at least not princesses) beforehand makes them more appealing in a way to the public.
that is a very good point these is a difference in more accepted and more popular
Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Commoner

I feel that royals should marry royals because I find it difficult to accepted say a person who is on the same level as me. But if your prove to people that your more than just the title I feel that you will be more accepted and popular, and even become more idolised than a member of a royal house.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Aristocracy

I vote yes, my reasons are the same as other members who voted 'yes'.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
I said no because of Letizia and Mary who, as you said, are very popular. Diana wasn't a commoner but she wasn't princess born either and everyone loved (and loves) her.

I don't know if the question has been asked and answered but has there ever been a situation where a princess born was not accepted or very unpopular?
Yes there are. Princess Alix of Hesse und bei Rhine when she married Tsar Nicholas II. She was never liked, nor accepted.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Empress Frederick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Yes there are. Princess Alix of Hesse und bei Rhine when she married Tsar Nicholas II. She was never liked, nor accepted.
Not forgetting Vicky, Empress Frederick, Queen Victoria's eldest daughter who was the mother of Kaiser Wilhelm. She disliked the Prussian Court, Prussian militarism, and the Prussian "attitude", and didn't hold back letting people know. Unsurprisingly, the Prussians never quite took to her.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:54 AM
Royal Highness

I voted yes.
I don't think Marie-Chantal of Greece is at all liked by the Greek people but then neither is the family she married into.

She may have been born a commoner but since the family is not liked in Greece, how do we know what the public thinks of her in particular?

Does anyone know if she is liked by the royal circles in Europe?

It would be interesting to know what they really think of her, and whether her birth has anything to do with it.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Royal Highness

Henrietta Maria, Consort to Charles I of England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Not forgetting Vicky, Empress Frederick, Queen Victoria's eldest daughter who was the mother of Kaiser Wilhelm. She disliked the Prussian Court, Prussian militarism, and the Prussian "attitude", and didn't hold back letting people know. Unsurprisingly, the Prussians never quite took to her.
Let us also remember Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles I. A Catholic Princess from France, Henrietta refused to change her religion and was charged by the Pope to bring England back to the Catholic fold. She had an elaborate private chapel built for her mass services.

She tried to convert all her children to Catholicism and broke with her son Henry because he wouldn't convert under his brother Charles' orders. Henry died without ever seeing his mother again. She refused to see him, even when he was on his deathbed.

She meddled quite extensively in foreign affairs also. The people never liked or accepted her either. She kept meddling when her son, Charles II came back in 1660!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

I voted yes. i think it´s a matter of trustworth.
We don´t know almost nothing about non-born-royal.We don´t know what intentions they have. They need to show why they´ll be the future Queen. They´re the most populars, but the most criticize too.
While we´ve seen born-royal princess since they birth. They are raised as royals, know the protocol, how being a royal, the press. We know lots of things about hers. Most of them aren´t popular but they´re accepted.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness

I do believe royal-born princesses are cut more slack in many ways. They are more accepted and most of the time, they are not chased as much by the photographers than a new princess. I think the popularity situation will be different in Sweden though with Victoria being the Crownprincess. IF she marries Daniel, I don't think a fairytale image will come to mind...I think Carl Philip's future wife (hopefully Emma) will be the one who has to deal with all the fairytale princess stuff but probably not as big as Mary and Letizia.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Majesty

wow there seems to be a slam dunk in this poll