The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Commoner

This decade we have seen alot of Royal Weddings in Europe.In the 1980's we saw only one "European Crown Princess"emerge and that was Diana.If one thinks about it, if you take all these new European Crown Princesses,Maxima,Mathilde,Mary,Letizia,Metit-Marit,and yes even Camilla and you put them together you would get a one great big Diana.These future Queens have some of Diana's qualities by observing their activities and the way they practice thier role.Some of them have her glamour and her star quality.But each Royal lady is so unique and special.But none of them will probably reach that same level of international superstardom as Diana.And the other European Monarchies are not as mainstream as the British.Maybe Kate might get there.But time will tell.Most likely whomever William choses will be the most expected to be the new Diana.And the one Harry choses people will expect to be the new or better Fergie.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps but there will never be another Diana she was too unique and one of a kind.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Serene Highness

Charity - Queen Rania of Jordan
Style - Crown Princess Mary
Old 01-27-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys View Post
A woman with the exact same characteristics as Diana as a member of a monarchy that is NOT the British monarcy would not become the iconic figure Diana became. Half of her celebrity power was that she was a British Princess; the other half was her personality, and sadly her untimely death increased her iconic status. But without being British, forget it--I mean really, do you think Fergie became well known world wide because of anything other then her marriage to a British Prince?

The two media drivers of the world--and thus the international celebrity makers--are the USA (who thinks only England and Monaco have a monarchy) and Great Britain. Prince William's wife will without doubt become a celebrity figure simply because she may become the future Queen of England.

But why would anyone wish such a horrible thing on any of these women as to become "the next Diana"? Hardly a happy life nor an unsullied legacy, I think.

Yes the USA does dominate the media but i don't think Great Britain does. Also it is not true that the US only thinks that England and Monaco has royalty. Most americans don't even know where Monaco is on the world map. Saudi Arabia and Japan are well known in the USA for their royal familes. The oil rich sheiks and the latest inheritance controversy in Japan make headlines in the US.
Presently, Queen Rania is the new Diana.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM

Wink

[quote=Isabel;220659][quote=Iain]

I don't believe that Queen Rania is the "New Diana." She is very well known and receives a lot of media attention in America and Europe, however, so does Queen Noor and Queen Abdullah sometimes.

Queen Rania can certainly be considered the "New Diana" because i have always heard about her even when i was a kid. I never heard of Queen Noor until recently joining this forum and i have absolutely NO idea who Queen Abdullah is.
Pick up any gossip magazine and you are more likely to spot Queen Rania in it than any other royal lady.
Queen Rania has done alot concerning empowering women and helping the less fortunate that she appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show twice. No other princess/queen has been on the most watched talk show on the planet.

I urge you to go on the CNN website and check out the amount of videos you will find of Rania. All these other so called new diana's like princess mathilde and maxima are not known anywhere except there own countries. Rania is very well known in the western world and beyond.
By far, there is no european princess who is as popular as Rania. The only other royal who would be as famous as her would be the Queen of England.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Americans really don't know who Rania is. But more will know who Noor is. They are also very familiar with Monaco too due to Grace Kelly. Diana came about in the age of excess. That age will never come again. I doubt that Diana would stand out among the current crop of Crown Princesses. Maybe even she would be criticized more for her lack of Education.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to disagree with you, Fashionista. It's not exactly fair to say that Americans do not know who Queen Rania is. Perhaps 45% do not, but definitely not all. Her various trips to the US have been high profile, and with her appearance on the Oprah show, well, that raised her profile even more.
Not to long ago, she was here in L.A. on an official visit. Huge crowds came out to see her, among others including Maria Shriver, during one of her speaking engagements in Long Beach, CA. That same trip she made an appearance at a San Fernando Valley high school which again, created a lot of media buzz. Later on she spoke at the CAA building which was all over the news, notably NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams as well as my local newscast. CBS with Katie Couric, CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, and ABC all reported about her trip to SoCal.

Also, she made several appearances in NYC, which again, caused a huge buzz and was all over the news. Finally, she has appeared in various US magazines; most recently she was on the cover of Vanity Fair with Bono.

Vogue magazine named her one of the best dressed woman in the world:

Quote:
Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan was singled out in the magazine's January issue for developing signature styles. Poised, articulate, intelligent, stylish, and-at the risk of severe lesemajeste-possessed of flashing, old-time movie star, glamour, Rania is a thoroughly modern queen with a very real commitment to the very real needs of her country.

Bill Gates:

Quote:
She's a great spokeswoman worldwide.
Hillary Clinton:

Quote:
Queen Rania is a strong voice for women and children and others in Jordan and the world who often do not have a voice.
Bill Clinton:

Quote:
She is extremely knowledgeable about so many topics,In offering up a view of Muslim modernity, she is important to the world, not just her country.
The late Gianfranco Ferre noted:

Quote:
She possesses a glamour that comes from her attitude and bearing,more than from her undiputed beauty.
Designer Giorgio Armani recently stated:

Quote:
She has the body of a model and holds herself like the queen she is -- what more could you want?

Many of my family members and friends, who have no interest in royalty whatsoever have heard of Queen Rania, and have spoken highly of her. Just this past holiday season she was a major topic of conversation at my annual family holiday gathering. Strangely enough, I didn't start the topic, another family member did.

Several of my girlfriends, who work in the fashion industry in NYC, one of which works at W Magazine, adores Queen Rania. She has no interest in royalty (which she deems utterly useless), but she is thoroughly impressed with Queen Rania not only for her international work such as woman’s issues, but of course her obvious style.

Back on topic.

Is she the new Diana? No. Are any of the Crown Princesses of Europe? Certainly not. All of them are unique and to compare seems pointless. But that's my opinion, others will disagree, but that's okay.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Courtier

Well, we will agree to disagree on that one.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Serene Highness

Well I have to agree. There was only one Diana and to live up to who she was is asking alot. She was a complicated and wonderful young woman. I think all the Princesses are unique and to expect someone to be just like her is illogical. Who could come close to her? I could'nt say. Who would be most likely to be the next Diana? I'm not sure yet, its hard to say.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

I think CP Maxima is new Diana...
Old 12-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

IMO, I pitty the poor husbands, childrens, and in-laws, of all the "new Diana"s. Public adoration can't make up for all the private dramas.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Diana was a "once in a lifetime" icon and do not believe any of the current CP's would ever be as well-known or as well-loved as she was.

Out of the CP's the only who would come close to achieving the level of fame is Letizia, imo, and that is mainly because of the number of Spanish-speaking countries and the links they maintain. Particularly Spain and South America.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

I think it would have to be CP Maxima. She has her own style, wears jewels beautifully, and is independent but at the same time it is obvious that she and her husband are geniunely in love.
Nothing against Letizia, because I like her a great deal but she doesn't seem to exude the warmth which Maxima does. I'm not saying she isn't a warm person, because I believe she is, but I think that she doesn't have quite the spark which Maxima does for this particular title of "The Next Diana". Also, I want to go on record as saying that when I say next Diana I am only talking about the star quality that had--not the other stuff (which would hijack the thread so I'll leave it alone) but I do think that Maxima's personality is a touch more engaging, outgoing, and independent than Letizia's, or Mary's for that matter.
However, when it comes to sheer elegance and class, the winner hands down is Mathilde.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

There is only one Diana, one Mathilde, one Mary, one Maxima, one Rania etc.
I've got troubles comparising the CP these days to Diana. It's unfair to them and to Diana. She was a person on her own just like the others are a person on their own.
Just because Empress ''Sisi'' Elisabeth is my favourite royal all time does not mean I want or have to search the new Sisi in Maxima just because she is going to be the future queen of my country. It's not fair.

And you can all wonder yourself; Do they even want to be labelled as the new Diana?
I wouldn't.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
There is only one Diana, one Mathilde, one Mary, one Maxima, one Rania etc.
I've got troubles comparising the CP these days to Diana. It's unfair to them and to Diana. She was a person on her own just like the others are a person on their own.
Just because Empress ''Sisi'' Elisabeth is my favourite royal all time does not mean I want or have to search the new Sisi in Maxima just because she is going to be the future queen of my country. It's not fair.

And you can all wonder yourself; Do they even want to be labelled as the new Diana?
I wouldn't.
Well, I think you make very valid points. When you look at all the drama that happened with Diana, who would really want to be the next Diana? I think that the question posed wasn't looking for something negatively, it was just something to chat about. I took it as who has the next "Star" quality that Diana had. I think it's Maxima--her smile is contagious.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Courtier

None of them, Diana is Diana, that's it, No other Crown Princess will have what Diana had, a unique soul. She had a inner spark that you can't define.

She wasn't exuberant, but at the same time she stood out from the crowd, she wasn't elegant, but at the same time she looked like anyone else, exquisite, she wasn't happy, but made people so happy, she wasn't a politic or science expert, but she knew what was going on around and she did her best to help in whatever could be asked her to do, So as you can see, there is not a replacement for Diana, I'm sorry, but it is a hopeless case.

She was like a unique jewel, It would never gonna be one like her , never.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don't think there will be a new Diana because the media is diverted by so many other people, most of them much less interesting... Britney, Paris, JLo, LiLo, Posh, Jen Aniston, Katie Hudson, etc.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Two years ago I read an article where the writer said that Paris Hilton was the new Diana because of her style, beauty and charisma ()
It scared the bejezus out of me.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Paris is pretty and has lots of $ ... but other than that, I haven't seen any redeeming qualities or anything that makes her interesting. Especially disappointing, given her promises after her brushes with the law.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Two years ago I read an article where the writer said that Paris Hilton was the new Diana because of her style, beauty and charisma ()
It scared the bejezus out of me.
Oh dear Lord! That's just plain wrong. But, it reminds me of how Sarah, Duchess of York once offered Paris some advice. Sarah gives everyone advice!