A New Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, I pitty the poor husbands, childrens, and in-laws, of all the "new Diana"s. Public adoration can't make up for all the private dramas.

I think Diana was a "once in a lifetime" icon and do not believe any of the current CP's would ever be as well-known or as well-loved as she was.

Out of the CP's the only who would come close to achieving the level of fame is Letizia, imo, and that is mainly because of the number of Spanish-speaking countries and the links they maintain. Particularly Spain and South America.

I think it would have to be CP Maxima. She has her own style, wears jewels beautifully, and is independent but at the same time it is obvious that she and her husband are geniunely in love.
Nothing against Letizia, because I like her a great deal but she doesn't seem to exude the warmth which Maxima does. I'm not saying she isn't a warm person, because I believe she is, but I think that she doesn't have quite the spark which Maxima does for this particular title of "The Next Diana". Also, I want to go on record as saying that when I say next Diana I am only talking about the star quality that had--not the other stuff (which would hijack the thread so I'll leave it alone) but I do think that Maxima's personality is a touch more engaging, outgoing, and independent than Letizia's, or Mary's for that matter.
However, when it comes to sheer elegance and class, the winner hands down is Mathilde.

Last edited:
There is only one Diana, one Mathilde, one Mary, one Maxima, one Rania etc.
I've got troubles comparising the CP these days to Diana. It's unfair to them and to Diana. She was a person on her own just like the others are a person on their own.
Just because Empress ''Sisi'' Elisabeth is my favourite royal all time does not mean I want or have to search the new Sisi in Maxima just because she is going to be the future queen of my country. It's not fair.

And you can all wonder yourself; Do they even want to be labelled as the new Diana?
I wouldn't.

There is only one Diana, one Mathilde, one Mary, one Maxima, one Rania etc.
I've got troubles comparising the CP these days to Diana. It's unfair to them and to Diana. She was a person on her own just like the others are a person on their own.
Just because Empress ''Sisi'' Elisabeth is my favourite royal all time does not mean I want or have to search the new Sisi in Maxima just because she is going to be the future queen of my country. It's not fair.

And you can all wonder yourself; Do they even want to be labelled as the new Diana?
I wouldn't.

Well, I think you make very valid points. When you look at all the drama that happened with Diana, who would really want to be the next Diana? I think that the question posed wasn't looking for something negatively, it was just something to chat about. I took it as who has the next "Star" quality that Diana had. I think it's Maxima--her smile is contagious.

None of them, Diana is Diana, that's it, No other Crown Princess will have what Diana had, a unique soul. She had a inner spark that you can't define.

She wasn't exuberant, but at the same time she stood out from the crowd, she wasn't elegant, but at the same time she looked like anyone else, exquisite, she wasn't happy, but made people so happy, she wasn't a politic or science expert, but she knew what was going on around and she did her best to help in whatever could be asked her to do, So as you can see, there is not a replacement for Diana, I'm sorry, but it is a hopeless case.

She was like a unique jewel, It would never gonna be one like her , never.

I don't think there will be a new Diana because the media is diverted by so many other people, most of them much less interesting... Britney, Paris, JLo, LiLo, Posh, Jen Aniston, Katie Hudson, etc.

Two years ago I read an article where the writer said that Paris Hilton was the new Diana because of her style, beauty and charisma :)ermm:)
It scared the bejezus out of me.

Paris is pretty and has lots of $ ... but other than that, I haven't seen any redeeming qualities or anything that makes her interesting. Especially disappointing, given her promises after her brushes with the law.

Two years ago I read an article where the writer said that Paris Hilton was the new Diana because of her style, beauty and charisma :)ermm:)

Oh dear Lord! That's just plain wrong. But, it reminds me of how Sarah, Duchess of York once offered Paris some advice. Sarah gives everyone advice!

ohhhhhhhh my godness :eek: i think it the new years jok !dosn't she Empress???:ohmy:
no way to make a resemblense betwen diana and the crazy paris :ROFLMAO:

Do you really think that we/people need a new Diana?
Ok. I know that we never avoid of comparisions with the late Diana like it is specially with Mathilde. But why don't try to find new model?

Btw. wasn't Diana avoid with the late Mother Teresa and Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary (similar live)?

ohhhhhhhh my godness :eek: i think it the new years jok !dosn't she Empress???:ohmy:
no way to make a resemblense betwen diana and the crazy paris :ROFLMAO:
That's what I thought. Diana would turn over in her grave if she would read the article. Comparising the two says the writer has lots of guts.
(Ps: Great name! A good friend of mine is called Chaimae too! Teachers got a lot of troubles with pronouncing the name)

Diana and Elisabeth of Austia-Hungary have been compared a lot because their lives were almost alike. (Unhappy marriage, terrible death, unhappy, haunted by the press and the people, traveling a lot, anorexia etc)

Queen Rania without a doubt.
As for Princess Mary, in terms of style, poise, elegance, she reminds me of Diana - for Australia and Denmark, she is like their Diana, but being the "new Diana" requires worldwide fame which Mary doesn't have :)

But Rania hasn't got that worldwide fame either.
Then you will have to look at the British royals. They've got worldwide fame.

Princess Mathilde is really no Diana.
I agree she looks good and is caring, etc. But she does lack any sparkle and charisma. Look at every royal gathering, all those grand festivities where Europe's royals and aristocrats gather together. Who is the grey mouse in that company? The most anonymous couple? Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

No, she is definitely no Diana. She is a Mathilde.
:flowers:
I completely agree.
She lacks poise, charisma, and also the looks.

But Rania hasn't got that worldwide fame either.
Then you will have to look at the British royals. They've got worldwide fame.
That's true, but I'd say she's the most famous of the bunch. Of course, I could be wrong.
But you're right, the new Diana would have to be the lady that will marry either William or Harry someday.

I'm not even sure William's wife will be the new Diana. The public will try to make her look as the new Diana without a doubt but I don't believe she will agree walking in someone else's shoes (the humanitarian subject is another matter though).

I don´t think there will be another Diana.She was marvellous and unique.She had charisma and kindness:flowers:

I don't think William's wife whom ever she might be would want to be the "New Diana" some held her so high and others not so much.I think we have all seen the diffrence in opinions on this forum alone on Daina. Could you think of what poor Kate deals with on a daily basis. I have read many stories compairing the two.. pics and all ..sad really when you think it will be a life long duty to keep up with a dead woman!!

I think that we will never have ,,new Diana". And I hope that no other princess want take her place.

1. British royal family is the most popular in the media. I'm royal fan so I know different royal families but many people know who's Diana but If you ask them about Maxima, Mette Marit, Queen Rania some people have problems or say: I heard about her sth but what it was...

2. Diana was precursor, like Monet for impressionism. Her style, anticipation in people problems and charity is inspiration for current princess and celebrities.

3. Diana was like creature from fairy tale, sweet, lovely, kind; current princesses are strong, down to earth, modern women. No comparison.

4. ,,Diana was poor, little woman who live in cruel, royalty world". Her marriage was disaster, no help, no understanding from the rest of ,,company". People loved Diana, felt sorry that she isn't happy and started feel dislike for the rest members of royal family.

5. There is a brutal rule in the world. ,,You want to be loved forever, you need to die. The worst death, the better effect." Look on examples (not royal first):

Michael Jackson: before he died media had been very cruel for him: ,, After death was only: ,,King of the pop music" ,,The greatest pop music star". Milions people was crying, but where they were before his death, I wonder? Of course, media say he was killed by the doctor or some like that. More secrets, more better.

Heath Ledger: very good actor, he acts very well in Batman film. Suddenly died, in his flat, becouse of too medicines. And then was beginning: Heath, you are legend! Heath, Oscar for Dark Knight, Heath you were great!

OK, back to princess Diana. Diana died, in horrible car accident. Great, beloved, kind, sweet princess died. What happened in the media? In millions's people hearts? I even don't mention that for years was stories that she was killed by royal family, by Secret Service etc.

Maybe Diana was or still is, the most beloved, favourite, the greatest princess ever. But it cost her too much. I would prefer be on the Maxima's , Rania's or Mathilda's place. Never on Diana's.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't compare the other crown princesses or Queen Rania to Diana. She was Diana. A different human. Queen Rania and the other crown princesses may have some of her qualities but not like her.

I don't think anyone will ever be the new "diana".
I think Williams future wife will constanty be compared to Diana.

Mary is Mary. Rania is Rania.

None of todays Queens or Crown Princess' can be compared to Diana, they're nothing like her. :flowers:

I think you have to look at history of the 20th Century to see that Diana was a phenomena. However, she was not by any means the only one.
  • Eva Peron - What a tragedy enacted for the world on her death! Her beauty, charm, benevolence, love even, all lost to them. Hope departed with her life. Film records show the extent of the mourning.
  • Princess Grace - Like Evita, a beautiful and charismatic woman, stylish, chic and best of all, had the common touch.
  • Princess Diana - Ditto and Ditto!
The most important thing about these three is that the depth of their influence or perceived influence only came to light upon their deaths. It is an exclusive club and their sucessor will only really be known on her death.

Not much of an incentive! :ermm:

It's strange to hear "New Diana", she was unique, nobody will be able to change her.
I think that lumutqueen is right, telling that Prince William's wife-to-be will always be compared to Princess Diana.

There is no "new Diana" there is only one Diana and she is timeless.

Exactly. I would hope each consort/future consort would want to be remembered for their own uniqueness and their own personality. Diana passed away almost 20 years ago (1997), and an entire generation has grown up and don't know who she is. She was 36 years old when she was killed; there was no Diana at 40, no Diana at 50, there will be no Diana at 60, 65, 70....etc. Her grandchildren will never know her and vice versa. She is for the ages, forever 36 years old. That's life....

Im sure a lot of people know who Diana is, even if they were born after her death. but I dont think anyone will replace her as a speical person.. certainly not Kate.. she has no magic quality.

I sincerely hope not. One Diana was enough. She was unique and a very complex person.

Every person should be seen as their own unique selves rather than a "new" anyone in my book.

Back
Top Bottom