The Most Terrible, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her_Majesty said:
Well, this dresses aren't that awful... BUT THE COLOUR! :cool: :wacko:
You cannot look at them too long.

This "yellow" is definitely too shiny!

UK Press
(It seems she got this passion for crazy colours during her pregnany with Haakon :lol: )
dagbladed

A pink Barbie-Dress :rolleyes: ... just look at the sleeves...
corbis

TRF should have to give you special glasses so you can look at these dresses. Protect your eyes. The colors are too bright for the naked eye!

^^^

That last dress is a color of pink I don't think naturally occurs in nature. That's practically radioactive.

I like that red dress that Laurentien is wearing; it's very similar to the one that the Princess of Asturias wore to CP Fredrik and CPss Mary's wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if these pants are Burberry, they're just plain awful. I don't understand how a man with zero fashion sense got such a stylish wife? :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

(Credit: Newspix)
Frederik and Mary in Australia, 2004.

Sister Morphine said:
I like that red dress that Laurentien is wearing; it's very similar to the one that the Princess of Asturias wore to CP Fredrik and CPss Mary's wedding.

Yes, it is. While Letizia looked great in it in a way, it did however show just how skinny she is.

"I don't care if these pants are Burberry, they're just plain awful. I don't understand how a man with zero fashion sense got such a stylish wife?"

Opposites attract? :)

Sister Morphine said:
I'm surprised pictures of the Bulgarian princess haven't appeared in this thread. I don't have any pictures myself, but it was for the 25th Wedding Anniversary gala-thingy for the Grand Duke & Duchess of Luxembourg. She looked [seriously] like something you'd see in a horror film. I'm sure she's a beautiful woman on the inside, but I don't know what possessed her to go out in public like that.
Yes, you mean this one. It was Princess Kalina:

Getty

Henri M. said:
I see that a most popular and beloved Princess is slaughtered in here for being the worst dressed of all.

I feel I need to give a bit of counterbalance. Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, first of all, is a 41 years old lady (much older than most royal ladies) with a very outspoken own Style Laurentinoise.

I applaud her for sticking above all and everything and not sink away in a grey amorph interchangeable style of fashion so many royal ladies have. Yes, with the usual faults as well. But who at least tries to hit, can miss, isn't it?

The pictures below are from Seegerpress (bucketed via my own webspace) and I can only say that I see a wonderful lady, quite non-traditional, but still she oozes class and she is a Princess of the Netherlands. With all her faults and her successes.

What do you think? Is this a walking clown? The fool of the year? Is this the "What wás she thinking?"-woman? I only see an adorable lady, a Princess to cherish...
No, no. You are right. She takes chances on many things she wears and one has to applaud her for that. She is her own style icon. She walks down her own path when it comes to fashion.

Everything else pales in comparison to Princess Kalina !

Sister Morphine said:
Oh dear Lord. Is she color-blind? Or was her stylist just playing a mean trick on her?
More than likely she needs to hire a stylist, quickly.

Laurentine wants to make sure that she can attract everybody's attention:lol: ;). Btw, sometimes she also has a nice dress (see some of her pictures posted by Henri M, post no 43-45)

galuhcandrakirana said:
Laurentine wants to make sure that she can attract everybody's attention:lol: ;). Btw, sometimes she also has a nice dress (see some of her pictures posted by Henri M, post no 43-45)

I agree, Laurentien has dressed beautifully in the past, but it seems like more often than not, she dresses........ummm....not so good.

The most terrible would be Princess kalina.. The dress she wore to the anniv of the Lux monarch, i don't think it should be called a dress, it's more of a costume.. if i must say.. HIDEOUS!!! good for Halloween costume but not for a wedding anniv.:bang: :ROFLMAO:

soCal girl said:
The saucer hat doesn't help too much either....:lol:

Yep, the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland".

A shame because she really can look quite wonderful when she wants to.

Must say Laurentine likes her bright colour's doesnt she!!

Dennism said:
You are right. Henri did post some nice outfits of her. However, this blue outfit is too much. In fact, one should wear special glasses to look at it. It's too bright!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184932&d=1124984772

:ohmy:
well but that is Laurentin, I think nobody in DRF can beat her in it:lol:;). I don't pay too much attention to her fashion sense because it will ruin what the most I like in her "she seems to be a warm person and a smart princess":)

The craziest Royal Style & dresses

What's your opinion:

Which Royals have the craziest Style and which are the craziest dresses???
my Votes go for:

-1- Laurentien
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184932&d=1124984772
She definitely has a great collection of crazy and colourful dresses! :rolleyes:

-2- Sonja
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/6996/nyharaldsonja478ln6.jpg
(posted in the "Most terrible" Thread, Corbis)
She must have the most colourful and bright shining style of all the Royals.

-3- Märtha Louise
Oh yes.. her style is really extravagant! She has some very cray dresses!
Just remember the yellow one she wore for felipe's and letizia's wedding! :lol:

Princess Kalina of Bulgaria.:hammer:

Laurentien - absolutely yes!
Martha-Louise - yes, but not like Laurentien.

Last edited:
I quite agree with you HM ;) When we are talking about craziness and extravagant clothes, Princess Laurentien always wins :flowers: ;)

There is no question:

it is always Princess Laurentien. Her clothes are always bright, garish, patterned, or something like that. Or if she can't find something like that, then she just doesn't wear a bra. (remember the torpedo boob incident/horror?!?)

Her_Majesty said:
Protect your eyes :eek:

Queen Margrethe II - a crazy neon coloured combination... I don't find any words...
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Danmarks+kongehus/1.276861
:lol:

I really wonder why the Royal Ladys love neon-yellow dresses... Märtha, Sonja, Margrethe...Urgh..

Oh dear, that is truly ........... words fail me.
We should appreciate all the fashion tips though, now at least we know yellow and purple don't really look good together. (Did they ever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom