The Most Terrible, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her_Majesty said:
Protect your eyes :eek:

Queen Margrethe II - a crazy neon coloured combination... I don't find any words...
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Danmarks+kongehus/1.276861
:lol:

I really wonder why the Royal Ladys love neon-yellow dresses... Märtha, Sonja, Margrethe...Urgh..

That outfit looks like a bowl of sorbet.

LadyK said:
There is no question:

it is always Princess Laurentien. Her clothes are always bright, garish, patterned, or something like that. Or if she can't find something like that, then she just doesn't wear a bra. (remember the torpedo boob incident/horror?!?)

Absolutely. She just can't dress 90% of the time.

And I remember the torpedo boob incident. How any woman, royal or not, could leave the house in a dress like that with no foundation garment of any kind is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
crisscross1 said:
Oh dear, that is truly ........... words fail me.
We should appreciate all the fashion tips though, now at least we know yellow and purple don't really look good together. (Did they ever?)
They do actually - just in softer hues (worked for my girls:) ).

I'm not a fan of Margrethe's or Sonja's use of these neon colours either - especially not neon yellow.

Queen Sonja in Japan
A glittering dress...
(KnudsensFotosenter)

I don't know, but I think it looks juts too crazy :lol:
Too much glitter.. and it makes her look smaller and thiker then she is :ohmy:

Her_Majesty said:
Queen Sonja in Japan
A glittering dress...
(KnudsensFotosenter)
Too much glitter.. and it makes her look smaller and thiker then she is :ohmy:
And pregnant as well! :ohmy:

If she spins around slowly for a while, she could be a disco ball!

Princess Martha, the top part of the dress and the hair:neutral:
attachment.php

amina1 said:
Princess Martha, the top part of the dress and the hair:neutral:

Terrible^
especially when on opposite of her was Victoria ;) so it looked worse and worse.
I just wonder what does Martha Louise think now of her fashion disasters in past.

Was she incognito? Please tell me that was the case!

I believe this picture was made before her wedding during a bachelor party for one of her friends. As they were boating in the canals of Amsterdam I am pretty sure that Maxima used the cap etc. so that people would not recognise her.

soCal girl said:
Victoria has done her share of terrible outfits but has drastically improved in the past couple years. But I wonder why Victoria makes such huge jumps when it comes to her outfits? The ones I'm posting all came from the past two years.

Casual Official Outfits:

THE AWFUL (ImagineScandinavia): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128659&d=1114011800
^the awful trio: over-recycled velvet jacket, glasses, and the ponytail

THE GOOD (Face to Face, originally posted by purple_platinum): http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=41385_v10.jpg
^hair down, no glasses, and a chic outfit. I love the boots!

GALA OUTFITS:

THE AWFUL (Polfoto):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107910&d=1110577660
^Two words: Frog Dress, need I say more? :D

THE GOOD (UK Press): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=243271&d=1147525072
^gorgeous pink color, hair down, no glasses, and beautiful jewelry

I don't like the jacket in the first picture, and Victoria's ponytail has become famous by now!

Some royals need to be featured on the show "What Not to Wear"! I'm sure Stacy and Clinton could fix them up. I can hear then now...

"Shut up, Your Highness!"

amina1 said:

The chest area of the dress is almost too much to look at!:eek:

LadyK said:
When was this picture taken?

There is only one thing to say about that outfit: :eek: :bangin: :seestars:

During the state visit to Belgium in 2006, not of Maxima's finest fashion moments indeed, though the dress looked MUCH better on television than on this picture.

Can I nominate another horror, this time from Maxima, it was used in Norway for Queen Sonja's birthday but I don't recall seeing it before. Here the IBL picture.

Okay; I really can't see this dress anymore. :glare:

to-bright-to-look-at-it yellow dress

It was quite beautiful when Sonja wore it for the first time. I just thought: Wow, that's a very special dress. Very recognizable and unique... then she recycled it again and again and the yellow color started to hurt in my eyes...
now I just think: Someone has to burn it. ;)

So that's where my shower curtain went...

Oh good Lord! Is she serious? I vaguely remember a dress I had to wear for Easter that looked like that when I was 5. It scarred me for life!:lol:

Ugghh...it looks like she ripped the wallpaper off of the wall of a home during the 1970s. What was she thinking? Poor thing. I guess that we all make fashion mistakes at one time or another.

Maybe its because I have a soft spot for Queen Margrethe, but I like her raincoat and hat. She has a flair for wearing the unusual and pulls it off well. Like the fuchsia and orange gown that no one else could pull off in a million years, and lets not forget the poppies! Margrethe has fun with fashion and if you look closely at her expression you can tell just how much fun she's having while managing to look stately at the same time. An amazing lady!

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom