The Most Terrible, Part 2: April 2004 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, for the 80's, it wasn't that bad. I think some of her formal dresses now are far less flattering!

Eliza

I think it's unfair to judge these people based on what they wore in the 80's. I remember leggings, the dancer look, neon colors, puffy sleeves....It was a rough time for fashion! lol

I agree (that judging fashion from the 80s isn't really fair!).

The pictures above of Laurentien are interesting.... I'm never sure if I should respect her fashion choices (because they show such individuality, interesting colours and overall bravery!) or stop expecting her to look elegant. Most times, I don't think she looks great. Here are some examples:

Recently at Claus-Casmir's christening- the colour was awful. (Eloise looked more fahionable I think!)

Eliza

Attachments

• Laurentien 2.jpg
    Laurentien 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 418
And at Frisco and Mabel's November wedding party.

Attachments

• Laurentien.jpg
    Laurentien.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 339
At Amalia's Christening (again, Eloise looks better!)

Attachments

• Laurentien 3.jpg
    Laurentien 3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 427
At Frisco and Mabel's wedding (the colour is OK, but the sleeves are awful, the hat shape is not flattering and the drape at the front of the skirt doesn't fit with the style of the jacket!)

Eliza

Attachments

• Laurentien 4.jpg
    Laurentien 4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Laurentien 5.jpg
    Laurentien 5.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 260
Opening of Dutch Parliament last year.... in (gasp).... leather....?????

Attachments

• Laurentien 6.jpg
    Laurentien 6.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 329
azile1710 said:
Opening of Dutch Parliament last year.... in (gasp).... leather....?????

I have never seen these, this one and the one she wore at friso's and mabels party are unbelievable.
Women do not dress like this in Holland. Maybe laurentine is a bit excentric in her fashion sense. I do think that it must be the same designer, there is a certain consistancy. An other possibility is that she has a person who can make what she designs/asks for.

I have to defend Laurentien! I think She looks beautiful in all these pictures... even the leather suit!

I have one more that I would consider Terrible- her ensemble for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's wedding. The collar of the coat does not flatter her and the colour is not great- I think she looks better in brighter colours.

Eliza

Attachments

• Laurentien 8.jpg
    Laurentien 8.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Laurentien 7.jpg
    Laurentien 7.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 355
two things about her dress
1st someone plzzzzzzzzz hire that women a personal shopper ,cuz she need help
2nd somewhere in holland a muscle builder is asking himself " what happen to my olive colored shirt? hmmmmmm"

I agrea that princess Laurentien is a very nice lady but her stayl ...:D :eek:

Well some examples. I belive the worst is from Frederik and Mary wedding.

Attachments

• 51459358.jpg
    51459358.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 51790202.jpg
    51790202.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 50836970.jpg
    50836970.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 349
Well.... again I qualify my dislike of Laurentien's fashion choices by saying it's not a PERSONAL attack! Here are some more outfits from that past year that make me cringe. I admire her creativity but I really think she chooses outfits (cuts, colours, fabrics) that do not flatter her- especially those elaborate chokers!

Eliza

Attachments

• Laur 5.jpg
    Laur 5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Laur 9.jpg
    Laur 9.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Laur 8.jpg
    Laur 8.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Laur 4.jpg
    Laur 4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Laur 3.jpg
    Laur 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Laur 2.jpg
    Laur 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Laur.jpg
    Laur.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Laur 3B.jpg
    Laur 3B.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 175
And just a few more.....!

Eliza

Attachments

• Laur 6.jpg
    Laur 6.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Laur 10.jpg
    Laur 10.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Laur 11.jpg
    Laur 11.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Laur 7.jpg
    Laur 7.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 664
  • Laur 12.jpg
    Laur 12.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 259
i've read, in more that one place, that royals read some post. so this post is devoted to laurentien;dont wear leggings, bad choice no matter were or what u r doing;olive is a good color but dont wear boots if its warm outside-so the outfit with the mutli color skirt & oliver color shirt very nice together but no boots-a nice pair of pumps will do just find & top it off with a simple looking necklace/never wear a hat with a long dress-thats a big no no ,why not try a floral hair peace/no leather suties nope-not now-not in the furture-just plain no dont wear it-its give a weird message/pink fur top dress-dont wear it-it look awful not to hurt your feelings but it looks just bad but take the pink fur top match it with a pair of leather pants-now the color might sound shocking but try it with either black(always a safe color) or go dareing olive then u can use your oliver color boots-top it off with gold & multi pink/olive accorrersies(i cant spell) /i'm running out of space-last dress was bright blue-nice color-change the skirt-get rid of the that triagnle in the front/jacket have the sleeves stop at your elbows-that would look so pretty/classie/sharpe(aka look good) and always remember less is more so dont over do it-last but not least get rid of the off white ripple dress-its awful-no one could wear that dress, not even a model could wear that dress and look good /i've seen more of your cloths and can u hire me as personnal shopper two reaons-whoever pick out your cloths now is dont doing a good job 2nd i need a job

Last edited:
Oh my!:eek: :D :confused:
Prince Laurentien seems like as very nice lady, but she has absolutley no fashion sense at all. Not only do many of her outfits not flatter her, but they are ugly. Some people can where very original patterns and bright colours and still look beautiful and stylish (Princess Martha Louise)..but Princess Laurentien is not one of them! Where is Crown Princess Maxima to help?

notice though how pleased as punch her husband constantine looks with her and about his (married) life in general.

I usually concentrate on the British Royals. However, I really like Princess Laurentien. She looks like someone I'd enjoy knowing.

Laurentien is a lovely person, although I dislike some outfits shown here (not all, f.e. the outfits she wore at the baptisms of Amalia and Claus-Casimir were nice) I must say she has guts. Her personality shows through her clothes, those lively colours and daring and original design (not always very succesfull to say the least) are finally something different then the stylish but boring suits of Natan that so many princesses are wearing.

Marengo said:
Laurentien is a lovely person, although I dislike some outfits shown here (not all, f.e. the outfits she wore at the baptisms of Amalia and Claus-Casimir were nice) I must say she has guts. Her personality shows through her clothes, those lively colours and daring and original design (not always very succesfull to say the least) are finally something different then the stylish but boring suits of Natan that so many princesses are wearing.
I agree and well said! She does have a lot of guts to wear some of those clothes, and it's nice to see royals who aren't afraid to be different. We may laugh (and sometimes cringe) at some of the outfits she has worn, but as you said, her personality comes through, which is a refreshing change. The same goes with Märtha-Louise; sometimes she may wear ‘unusual’ outfits, but it represents who she is, and I admire people that are brave enough to do that. Good on both of them! :)

As I said above, this is not personal at all! I respect her (Laurentien's) originality. I'm just not sure she makes choices that are the most flattering.

Well, this is not a forum to criticize only one person, let's "Share The Love"!!!

We don't often list photos of men and their fashion mistakes, so here is one of one- Laurent REALLY needs to donate these pants to charity because they don't do anything for him!

Eliza

Attachments

• Laruent 2.jpg
    Laruent 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Laurent.jpg
    Laurent.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 290
the umbrella is cute:)

azile1710 said:
As I said above, this is not personal at all! I respect her (Laurentien's) originality. I'm just not sure she makes choices that are the most flattering.

Well, this is not a forum to criticize only one person, let's "Share The Love"!!!

We don't often list photos of men and their fashion mistakes, so here is one of one- Laurent REALLY needs to donate these pants to charity because they don't do anything for him!

Eliza

azile1710 said:

Eliza

The pants, sure... and what posessed him to wear a red tie with those pants? *shudders*

poor laurentien!
she doesn't always dress bad!!

some great designs she wore:

Attachments

• laurentien-1.jpg
    laurentien-1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 352
  • laurentien-2.jpg
    laurentien-2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 421
  • laurentien-3.jpg
    laurentien-3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 443
  • laurentien-4.jpg
    laurentien-4.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 289
  • laurentien-5.jpg
    laurentien-5.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 389
  • laurentien-6.jpg
    laurentien-6.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 427
  • laurentien-7.jpg
    laurentien-7.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 432
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, she does often wear some nice outfits. Of those one's you [Carlota] posted, this one is my favourite. :)

Some of Laurentien's outfits are terrible, yes, but it must also be hard for her to be in Maxima's fashion shadow.

But as others have noted, Laurentien does carry off some of her outrageous outfits very well in a way that an individual with less spunk and personality might not be able to. That she can carry off some of these outfits is kudos enough to her.

azile1710 said:
Princess Michael of Kent should have reconsidered this one..... it's suited more for a brothel than a state dinner!

Oh for heavens sake when did we become so puritanical??????????????

Princess Michael is an attractive woman with a great figure. She isn't displaying anything that we havn't seen before over the centuries. Since when is showing a bit of cleavage sinful????????

I was surprised too about that criticism, she always looks a bit regal.

wymanda said:
Oh for heavens sake when did we become so puritanical??????????????

Princess Michael is an attractive woman with a great figure. She isn't displaying anything that we havn't seen before over the centuries. Since when is showing a bit of cleavage sinful????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom