The Most Terrible, Part 2: April 2004 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding Dress

I agree re: wedding dress. It WAS voluminous but it was popular in terms of the styles of the time and presented nicely in the huge cathedral. Whatever the truth was--and here I refer to Mr. Devorik, a designer and friend later in her life--about her "wishing the moths had reduced the volume of the dress. Yuk!" Diana chose the Emmanuels from a host of designers and the designs they presented. She also relied heavily on British Vogue editors for advice so the dress was entirely of her choosing. Quite different from the sleeker ones now--Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's slip dress for example--it fit the times. And I still believe a very sleek little number would have not gone over well.

I thought it was hideous and when I saw her in 2 versions of it, it didn't change my mind. It's rather like that Dior "slip" dress she wore in NY in 1997 or so. It was unbecoming and she ignored her style, slicked back her hair and the whole effect was unbecoming.
Elspeth said:
Actually, I think some of those 1980s fashion glitches weren't all that well received at the time either. I remember quite a lot of criticism about the puffball when she first appeared in it.

The Puffball

I guess it depends. If you are tall w/great legs, you could pull if off. Also, I cannot wear poufy, flouncy things.....so its a matter of what looks good on you....but appreciate your comments, Susan. I have never seen one worn in person. Thank you!

Royals dressed badly

I saw a tread on the Princess Diana forum, called "Gosh, I wish I had skipped wearing THAT one!"
I found it very funny.
Let's post pictures of other royals with not so good looking dresses.

I'll start with Princess Märtha Louise.

m3.jpg
I think this dress looks absolutly horrible. It looks so strange, like it doesn't fit. I adore Märtha's clothes, but this one.... NO!

Love, Lone

that pic is so funny, i'll have to remember this thread when ever i'm having a bad day and i need a good laugh

One of the worst from 2004 was Laurentien at Frederick and Mary's wedding. What was she thinking??!!

Eliza

Attachments

• Laurentien.jpg
    Laurentien.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 476
And another one of Martha Louise (also from Getty Images)

Eliza

Attachments

• Martha.jpg
    Martha.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 469
  • Martha 1.jpg
    Martha 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 212
Marie Chantal also looked horrible at Willem Alexander and Maxima's wedding. It may be haute couture, but it's awful.

Eliza

Attachments

• MC.jpg
    MC.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 549
  • MC1.jpg
    MC1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 416
azile1710 said:

Eliza

Those green shoes!!!!!!! And Mette-Marit looks so stylish next to her!

And Beatrix at Mabel and Frisco's wedding!

Eliza

Attachments

• Beatrix 4.jpg
    Beatrix 4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 190
Lonemor said:
I saw a tread on the Princess Diana forum, called "Gosh, I wish I had skipped wearing THAT one!"
I found it very funny.

i merged your thread with the thread about the same subject
this is the second part in the thread

for those who wants to post about this subject
try to not repost photos maybe you can quate from the post that have the photo you wabt to talk about

Lonemor said:
I found it very funny.

I'll start with Princess Märtha Louise.

I think this dress looks absolutly horrible. It looks so strange, like it doesn't fit. I adore Märtha's clothes, but this one.... NO!

Love, Lone

Oh my goodness...Another unrecognizable picture of ML, at least for me. That dress is awful. The picture of her with MM...is that a bow tied around her neck? I do like ML and the way she dress, but those pictures of her aren't good ones. LOL those things on MC and QB's heads. My goodness, I have a had a good laugh for today. Thanks.

Last edited:
azile1710 said:

Eliza

Well, you can't really see the actual dress, much, but I do wonder what posessed her to wear a red wrap with that particular shade of green.

azile1710 said:

Eliza

I think the worst part is the white stockings. :eek:

azile1710 said:
And Beatrix at Mabel and Frisco's wedding!

Eliza
Ooh, that hat looks like Big Bird if he was blue. It's a nice colour, but just too 'sticky-outy'.

I don´t know about Marthä......I like her style sometimes......but, most of the time, she only make mistakes....tcs tcs tcs....and Laurentien?? I make the same question : What she was thinking??!!! Horrible, terrible......awful!

Today 09:49 AMazile1710

Martha pretending to be a tomato ?
:) ;)

Nathalian said:
I don´t know about Marthä......I like her style sometimes......but, most of the time, she only make mistakes....tcs tcs tcs....and Laurentien?? I make the same question : What she was thinking??!!! Horrible, terrible......awful!

to me it is rather what were her relatives thinking, they all had eyes and could see she was not wearing a bra and should have warned her that it did not look appropriate for a very formal event (or any event for that matter)

Queen Rania at Prince Felipe's wedding gala.
I personally cant think of any royal woman who consistently dresses as impeccably as Rania does. Her dress at the gala was stunning but obviously the bra or whatever she was wearing underneath wasn't secured properly. I certainly hope she didn't spend the entire night looking like that.

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • 5b.jpg
    5b.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 997
Queen Noor also rarely makes a fashion mistake.
This is as bad as it gets..I personally find this outfit too severe and masculine for her..

Attachments

• 1537333.jpg
    1537333.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,150
  • 2287986.jpg
    2287986.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,196
Sarah, Duchess of York, looked awful at the Golden Globes in January.

Eliza

(photo from Getty Images)

Attachments

• Sarah.jpg
    Sarah.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 305
azile1710 said:

Eliza

I like the dress....but she looks pregnant

Princess Michael of Kent should have reconsidered this one..... it's suited more for a brothel than a state dinner!

Attachments

• Princess Michael.jpg
    Princess Michael.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,341
Here's a full view.....

Attachments

• Princess Michael 2.jpg
    Princess Michael 2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,356
suturegeisha said:
She looks like she's trying to show off the goods. Ewwwww.
Lollies!
-Kara-
Ooh, I agree. Not a nice look. Eww.

azile1710 said:

Eliza

The dress is nice, but it needs to be higher at the front, and not so 'loose' around the waist.

Sarah looks pregnant to me too....not a good choice...she´s not fatty....doesn´t need a loose dress....In the case of Princess Michael of Kent, very deep cut.....tcs tcs tcs for a Royal...

I love Maria Teresa, and sometimes she wears the most beautiful dresses.....

....but, other times, not. Like this one from Prince Alois and Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein's wedding. It's all wrong. The pattern, the cut, everything. Granted this was the early 90s, but come on.

Attachments

• MTaloiswed.jpg
    MTaloiswed.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,543
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom