The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just can't believe she went to church in this outfit.

Apart from the awful print and the cowboy hat, the pants are also not very flattering on her hips :(

Old 08-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Diana

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/2776285....B885823A4CFE21E

Old 08-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Oh wow..how could anyone wear that for an outting. It looks like bedroom robe..and with blue stockings and shoes
Old 08-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisa@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 4:43 pm
Oh wow..how could anyone wear that for an outting. It looks like bedroom robe..and with blue stockings and shoes
I was thinking the exact same thing before I read your comment! Especially the collar part with the quilted look makes it look like a warm bath robe or dressing gown for fall.

Oh Diana, how hideous! :P

Old 08-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jul 19th, 2004 - 3:42 am
http://images.news.com.au/thedailytelegrap...32256_2mary.jpg

i love that green hat, but not on her. too big for mary.

Now, I love Mary, but that hat makes me think "Alice in Wonderland"! I feel like running down a rabbit hole!
Old 10-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

God she's inherited her mothers lack of dress sense!! :p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beatrice-dop1a.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	51797  
Old 10-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
God she's inherited her mothers lack of dress sense!! :p
This will look good on her in 10 years, for now she should just dress her age and she'll look nice. The same goes for her sister.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Serene Highness

Frill Me

While Letizia's tiny stature means she can get away with things that would make the rest of us look like a large lampshade, the pink & the frills looks just plain awful!!!

& Felipe must really love his wife to match his tie to her outfit!

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51...57C85AE85A779B
Old 11-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
This will look good on her in 10 years, for now she should just dress her age and she'll look nice. The same goes for her sister.
I agree! They're beautiful girls and we all know that being royal you have to be 'mature' [whatever that is] before their time but must they really attempt to look like married women with children?
Old 12-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Commoner

Mabel's bows

Sorry, if someone posted this pics already (old ones don't open anymore!)
it's Mabel and her "bows issue" ;-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	banty.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	69697   Click image for larger version

Name:	banty2.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	69698   Click image for larger version

Name:	banty3.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	69699  
Old 12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Commoner

Maxima

And Maxima before she became a princess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Maxi_before_fame.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	69707  
Old 12-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Mabel's Pink Bow Dress

It reminds me of turn-of-the-last-century hobble skirts. pretty, but maybe not functional.

Can she move in that thing?

:)
Old 12-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Serene Highness

mabels's bows

i am not a smart dresser but i know that if your dress looks like a bunch of presents then u dont want to wear it.
do some royals have their own stylist or fashions adviser? because there are a lot of fashion no-nos on this thread
Old 12-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Mistress
And Maxima before she became a princess.
..this pict remind me when once time I had forgoten my raining coat and umbrella at home, it was very heavy raining after office hour then I had to put all I can find in my office to cover myself to be able arive at home without have been very wet, I looked horrible in that time. Geeezzzz if some one took a photo of me and one day I become a princess the photo will appear in this thread:p.

anyway....Maxima still looks sweet in that pict
Old 01-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana: "Gosh, I wish I had skipped wearing THAT one!"

While we all agree the vast majority of the time, Diana got it "right" and was very fashionable, it gives me hope to see even she had some fashion blunders now and then--usually in the 80s.

I thought it might be fun to revisit some of those she later regretted wearing. I would start with the wedding dress as she told Roberto Devorik and he proceeded to tell the world in "Diana: Her True Story", an A&E production, she once commented she hoped the moths "had consumed some of the bulk of the gown" and the added "yuck!," I personally found it charming and of its time. I thought it made her look like a fairytale princess......so, if others agree, I am starting off with a few which made me and likely later her wish they had never seen the light of day on her!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

By the way, this is tough--she so often looked great and I am staying away from casual wear--though other don't have to--and focusing on evening attire and public outfits. I guess it shows she had it more often right than wrong!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I remember a dress with a puffball skirt that looked a bit strange; also an evening dress that looked pretty much exactly like a quilted dressing gown. I don't think either of them did anything for her.

I think she was rather cruel to say that about her wedding dress; presumably she had some say in what it looked like.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is probably just catty nitpicking, but (not going to let that stop me!) I think the York wedding took place during the dot phase, and Diana wore a dress liberally spattered with dots to that wedding, which attracted a lot of attention. I think she might have dressed a bit more subtlely on that day since it was Sarah's day, not hers.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

you scanned of Diana's dresses? but i have Diana's dresses book also but im not good post!

Diana wores 1981-1982 old fashion dresses when she got married to Prince Charles but the designer give her as profiles till more famous dresses than other Royals! but i think Diana more popular dress evening what Diana done for good work!

Sara Boyce
Old 01-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
This is probably just catty nitpicking, but (not going to let that stop me!) I think the York wedding took place during the dot phase, and Diana wore a dress liberally spattered with dots to that wedding, which attracted a lot of attention. I think she might have dressed a bit more subtlely on that day since it was Sarah's day, not hers.
I remember that dress it was green and she also wore a unique hat. I didn't think it was that showy though. I think anything Diana wore would have caught attention. It was just how things were with her.