The Most Terrible, Part 2: April 2004 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DaniL@Jul 9th, 2004 - 3:58 am
I saw this picture of Infanta Elena of Spain and her husband Jaime. I do not like the colour combination of Jaime's shirt and tie. :sick:

At Crown Prince Felipe's Wedding
Hmmm...Yes, Jaime must be going blind :)

But I really liked Elena's outfit, I thought she was one of the best dressed women at that wedding.

Originally posted by Cathérine Bergeyck+Jul 10th, 2004 - 4:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cathérine Bergeyck @ Jul 10th, 2004 - 4:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DaniL@Jul 9th, 2004 - 3:58 am
I saw this picture of Infanta Elena of Spain and her husband Jaime. I do not like the colour combination of Jaime's shirt and tie.  :sick:

At Crown Prince Felipe's Wedding
Hmmm...Yes, Jaime must be going blind :)

But I really liked Elena's outfit, I thought she was one of the best dressed women at that wedding. [/b][/quote]
I think this outfit was just too much, although Elena is, since whe wed Jaime, a very beautiful woman. I prefered Cristina's one. Both of them dress very well. Cristina's gala outfit, at the party for Mary and Frederik was absolutely marvellous.

Does someone have pictures of princess Astrid of Belgium in the 80's? Her outfits were horrible at this time!

how does "cute" end up in "most terrible ..." ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 13th, 2004 - 12:20 pm
I was posting about Princess Astrid's clothes in the 80's and how they didn't look that great (there is the 'terrible' part). When looking at the photo, I noted that Amedeo and Maria Laura were cute when they were younger. It was simply an observation that had nothing to do with "most terrible". I probably shouldn't have included that information. :(

Anyway, I found another photo. It's not the 80's but you really couldn't tell.

July 31, 1994

D :flower:

Cathérine Bergeyck posted this photo in the "Similar Styles on Different Royals" thread.

I will warn you now: do not open the link if you are eating. :sick:
Maria Teresa

Originally posted by DaniL+Jul 13th, 2004 - 6:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaniL @ Jul 13th, 2004 - 6:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@Jul 13th, 2004 - 12:20 pm
I was posting about Princess Astrid's clothes in the 80's and how they didn't look that great (there is the 'terrible' part). When looking at the photo, I noted that Amedeo and Maria Laura were cute when they were younger. It was simply an observation that had nothing to do with "most terrible". I probably shouldn't have included that information. :(

Anyway, I found another photo. It's not the 80's but you really couldn't tell.

July 31, 1994

D :flower: [/b][/quote]
I never thought that Astrid had very suitable clothes! She looks too old-fashioned!

DDD  Posted: Jul 18th, 2004 - 7:27 am

Sometimes .... like these ones
you could volunteer to take her place and be the butt of criticism ? ;)

bigheadshirmp  Posted: Jul 18th, 2004 - 9:26 pm

CP Mary in this gala dress looks....horrible ..............just don't like the color
it jarred ---- didn't fit well to her skin colour nor the colour of her eyes.

Or was it a case of conforming to 'Tasman green' ?

http://images.news.com.au/thedailytelegrap...32256_2mary.jpg

i love that green hat, but not on her. too big for mary.

by the way, the only gala gown i loved on mary was this one..
http://images.news.com.au/thedailytelegrap...27638_mary4.jpg
the others made her look too pale and too skiny. this colour suits her greatly.
do you remember the red dress she wore in the eve of her wedding?
http://images.news.com.au/thedailytelegrap...36734_mary2.jpg
i didn't really like it. the neckline was so.... :doh:
in this ocasion she wore that silver dress with the same jewelry and she was so gorgeus in it...

perhaps margareth reccommended her this coat.. :p :doh:
http://images.news.com.au/thedailytelegrap...27554_mary1.jpg

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 22nd, 2004 - 12:00 am
Today on When Bad Clothes Happen to Good People, Princess Claire at Belgium's National Day yesterday..

:shock:
Princess Claire-what was she thinking..
Maybe she was thinking that she could look diferent?

I don't think this suit and hat are flattering on Princess Claire (or on anyone). It just takes ones attention from the person, all we see is that white and blue pattern. :wacko:

I just can't believe she went to church in this outfit.

Apart from the awful print and the cowboy hat, the pants are also not very flattering on her hips :(

Oh wow..how could anyone wear that for an outting. It looks like bedroom robe..and with blue stockings and shoes :blink:

Originally posted by Alisa@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 4:43 pm
Oh wow..how could anyone wear that for an outting. It looks like bedroom robe..and with blue stockings and shoes :blink:
I was thinking the exact same thing before I read your comment! :lol: Especially the collar part with the quilted look makes it look like a warm bath robe or dressing gown for fall.

Oh Diana, how hideous! :p

God she's inherited her mothers lack of dress sense!! :p

Attachments

• beatrice-dop1a.jpg
    beatrice-dop1a.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 597
wymanda said:
God she's inherited her mothers lack of dress sense!! :p
This will look good on her in 10 years, for now she should just dress her age and she'll look nice. The same goes for her sister.

Hannelore said:
This will look good on her in 10 years, for now she should just dress her age and she'll look nice. The same goes for her sister.
I agree! They're beautiful girls and we all know that being royal you have to be 'mature' [whatever that is] before their time but must they really attempt to look like married women with children?

Mabel's bows

Sorry, if someone posted this pics already (old ones don't open anymore!)
it's Mabel and her "bows issue" ;-)

Attachments

• banty.jpeg
    banty.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 483
  • banty2.jpeg
    banty2.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 468
  • banty3.jpg
    banty3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,735
Status