The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Nobility

I think Letizia is the only crown princess with an innate sense of style. The others--Maxima, Mary, Mette-Marit--seem to have "bought" their elegance, you might say, and without the teams of stylists and beauty professionals they probably have, and the access to designer clothes, they would look quite ordinary.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

From Hellomagazine.com, I'm so not liking this hat. Is Maxima going through a big hat phase?

Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Here is a couple that might need to rethink these outfits;

it's great to see Elena wearing more colour than she usually does, but I'm not sure this is the best look for her! Jaime, however, needs to get a suit jacket that doesn't strain so much to button up.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=165601

Enjoy!

Eliza
Old 09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710

it's great to see Elena wearing more colour than she usually does, but I'm not sure this is the best look for her! Jaime, however, needs to get a suit jacket that doesn't strain so much to button up.

Enjoy!

Eliza
He looks like he has put on a great deal of weight. Do you think Laurentien saw this pantsuit and got one for herself?
Old 09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Enjoy!

Eliza
Oh my.

Well, the colors in her outfit would certainly brighten up the afternoon:p
Old 09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Errrhhh... wow. Meaning that I'm lost for words, because this recent pic of Infanta Elena and her husband certainly puts them in the same league as Princess Laurentien & husband plus Princess Claire & husband:
They are all doing their best (or rather their most terrible...) to qualify in the competition for the Worst Dressed Royal Couple Of The Year Award!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Has there been any recent outfits from the royals that just make you scream in disbelief?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Jaime de Marichalar always wears the worst pants and I mean always, look at this one:
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/re...es/2530_1.html
Elena has a great sense of style, but she has come around, because she started very wrong (again, the 80's were awful in fashion), look at the end of the article:
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/10...html?dm2627_03

By the way, what do you think of Cristina and Iñaki?, I don't think I ever seen them commiting a fashion crime, but if anyone knows anything

On the other hand, Laurentien really REALLY is the worst dressed along with [ed] Marie Chantal (who's not very good looking and sometimes she looks like Pavlos older sister and not his wife).

[ed]

I hope i'm not being offensive to anyone, but that's the way I feel:)
Old 12-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Serene Highness

Well, yesterday I searched for some good outfits on Laurentien, today it's time for some recent and very bad ones. I hate to say this, but it hasn't been too difficult to find them. :o

(Source: seeger press)

1. Dress worn to the Opening of the Parliament, september 2005. I didn't like it a bit. It was just a weird dress.
2. A pink parade on Alexia's baptism. I do love vibrant colors, but ehm...well . It's especially the hat that I don't like.
3. Laurentien in green. Could be nice as a frog costume too... :(
4. A not so pretty maternity outfit. Hope she does better the next few months then she did with this one when she was expecting Claus-Casimir...
Old 12-10-2005, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Máxima recently wore some outfits I really don't like:

(Source: seeger press)

1. The lilac matron dress... ieeeee!
2. The same thing, but with pants and in white... argh!
3. The beehive hat, worn on the church wedding of Floris and Aimée. I like the cut of the suit, but that thing on her head was quite awful! :(
4. The 'I'm going to choke in my own coat' outfit, also worn on the wedding of Floris and Aimée. (This was a really bad weekend).
5. Love the hat, love the red jacket, but I really don't like the skirt and the same goes for the scarf. Not a very good combination...

But most of the time (as we all know) Máxima is of course just fabulous...
Old 12-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

And last but not least, our very fashionable princess Mabel, who didn't do too well recently...

(source: seeger press)

1. Very dull, grey outfit at Alexia's baptism. With a really weird neckline.
2. Well, what can one say? Liftboy hat, combined with bathrope...
3. I don't even want to know what she was thinking...
4. Baggy skirt and jacket with great bow (of course...)
5. Beatrix' engagement dress!!! That was just so stupid! That's the Queen's dress! Don't you touch it! In Holland everybody was joking about it. 'Huh? Doesn't she have any money to spend on clothing?'
Old 12-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Wait, what do you mean, that's the Queen's dress?
Old 12-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Wait, what do you mean, that's the Queen's dress?
Yes it was, she wore it on the 28th june 1965 when Queen Juliana announced her engagement to Claus von Amsberg. Here is picture of it from www.eindhovensdagblad.nl. It's not in color, but you can see it's the same dress. I just thought it was weird. I don't think that I will ever wear any dress of my mother in law and surely not an engagement dress... I don't understand that Beatrix let Mabel borrow it in the first place...

Old 12-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Has there been any recent outfits from the royals that just make you scream in disbelief?
Yes there certainly has.

for me, this one - I'm sorry, for me it's too much
Old 12-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
it's great to see Elena wearing more colour than she usually does, but I'm not sure this is the best look for her! Enjoy!
Eliza
Enjoy you said? I'm left blind! Did she just stepped out of a Clown Class?
The colors are too bright, too blinding. What was she thinking of? She is always so elegant and coordinated.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Enjoy you said? I'm left blind! Did she just stepped out of a Clown Class?
The colors are too bright, too blinding. What was she thinking of? She is always so elegant and coordinated.
Let's hope it's a one time thing and pray she's not being under the influence of her husband's hideous fashion sense
Old 12-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry for Princess Laurentien. Seems that no one (including me) likes what she wears.urgh! Some of the stuff she wore, I wouldn't wear it eve if I was promised 1 million $ (though, maybe for 1 million...:) ).
Mabel isn't comforting as well.
I generally like Infanta Elena very much but that colourful dress.. it was too much!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe Laurentien won the Award for Worst Dressed Royal of the Year, cheers!!! the crow is going wild
Old 12-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Gentry

Martha's Red & Green Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
Martha pretending to be a tomato ?
:)
Yes, that's great - A tomato with a vine growing up and around her neck
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Gentry

Queen Of Hearts Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
this is what defines the word terrible
This dress is, indeed, awful!!!! Who is the person wearing it?

Closed Thread