The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

She wouldn't look so bad if she tried to smile once in a while.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Prince Maria Laura of belgium...pretty and young, but that dress to a wedding? hm...looks like the floral patterns our grandmothers adore...
Looks abit like a lamp shade on her head...

Old 05-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
You guys kept me laughing for ages. keep posting, and I want more of Camz P-B.

For the record, worst ever:http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=99687

eeekkk!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
MC is a perfect example of the fact that money cannot by you taste, style or class!!
Unfortunately and insanely, MC has already been inducted to the Best-Dressed List's hall of fame. I don't think she can be de-hall of famed.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
She wouldn't look so bad if she tried to smile once in a while.
she's naturaly very beautifull
Old 05-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
Laura Ponte always tends to be diffrent from every1 with wearing the worst of dresses,whats this ugly big thing on her dress????
That bow thing isn't as bad as those gloves. They don't even match with the dress. I love her necklace though. :)

Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I must say I accually liked Laura Pontes dress and thought she looked very pretty, it was different and I thought the glows was a nice touch. I hate the need some women have to match everything, shoes, dress, purse jewellery in to one monochromatic outfit. There were far worse dressed women than her at that banquet IMO. I think she is quite a striking woman. The suit and hat she wore on the actuall wedding was pure horror though . I also liked her wedding dress, even the up side down tiara again different with a very 20s feel to it, not all women feel like doing the "princess dresses" with huge skirts and long trains.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
1 Mette-Marit in her IMO worst outfit ever, is it a coat? is it a west? or is it a carpet....? Hopefully we will never see it again
dont worry, mette-marit was at a potato growers convention and everyone there had to wear a potato sack
Quote:
2 and 3 Märtha Louise thinking she is 12, the colour, the cut, the ribbons, the zips and what not that is going on with that outfit makes her look like a covered up vertion of Briteny Spears.
since britney has become pregrant, she has sent a lot of famous people her hand-me-downs

Quote:
5 Victorias black glittering top black pants and black mumsy wrap with severe hair makes her look closer to 50 than 30. I would have not put it here had it been winter but it is now accually spring and no need for a beautiful woman like Victoria to dress like that. she makes Pippi look good...
-lol that is sooooo true. dont u think victora looks very thin?
Quote:
6 Laurentiens green shiny frog outfit with strange cape from Denmark
i think she would play a new type of super hero. she could be call not the green lantren but the green frog whata ya think of that name?
[QUOTE]7 And to not just pick in the women Prince Henriks leather coat that looks like it was leftover costume from the Matrix was hardly flattering for a man of his ...hrm...sizelol, so true

does laura ponte never smile, she has such strong facial features that a smile would make her look friendly, other than that imo her dress is ok
Old 07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Courtier

I can only say that it was in early months of becoming a queen...
Old 07-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Well.... here is another royal MALE that needs some help! I can't believe that Maxima, who has such impecable fashion taste, let her husband out for a photo opportunity in these pants. Even Amalia looks more sophisticated!!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=170301

Eliza
Old 07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Nobility

I'm also not sure about Victoria's recent "birthday dress". I think the colour and fabric are not as flattering as she usually wears. And the shoes... maybe too casual.

Any other opinions?

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getty66qz.jpg

Eliza
Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
I'm also not sure about Victoria's recent "birthday dress". I think the colour and fabric are not as flattering as she usually wears. And the shoes... maybe too casual.

Any other opinions?

Eliza
the shoes!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710

Any other opinions?

Eliza

She's not trying to impress anyone with that combination:p
Old 07-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
Laura Ponte always tends to be diffrent from every1 with wearing the worst of dresses,whats this ugly big thing on her dress????
Is that her 'haute couture' face?

imo, she need to shy away from the dark makeup, I think it makes her look a little scary and mean
Old 07-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Laura Ponte she is always a bit special dressing, she has a point of extravagancy (there are things that I like you more and others less), my I am not upset with to her at least she is original.
As for her face, she is in the habit of having a serious face, but she has a beautiful and very expressive look. She is a model very "camaleónica", I have seen articles of her, for example in the magazine Telva that they are wonderful.
She is an unusual woman, she never thought of being a model, she was studying Political Sciences when a photographer discovered it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10a9a3pontettorretta2g.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	170840   Click image for larger version

Name:	lp5.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	170843  
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

She is quite respected among the royals right?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

This wedding dress worn by Laura Ponte bears quite a strong resemblance to Maxima's wedding dress doesn't it? http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=170840

Or is it just me?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Some of the outfits are horrific beyond expression. All I can say is, who lets these women out the door dressed like that? never mind to a public event swarming with photographers. If im wearing an outfit that gives me the slightest moment of pause at the mirror I'll take it off and wear something else.
But with some of the royal women in this thread it appears to me that its not just a question of a momentary lapse in judgement or a bad mistake but sheer bad taste. It is so obvious that some of these women have no clue. Not everyone's blessed with a natural sense of style and elegance. Personal stylists can guide and advise but that can only go so far. Kind of like chemistry in high school. You could give me a million dollars and the best I'd do after racking my brain for hours was around a 70 while one of my friends got a 98 with less strenuous effort.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
I thought Rania's outfit at the Spanish wedding was beautiful, likely the most beautiful outfit at that wedding.
I agree, that skirt is just amazing! I wish we could see her wearing the same outift again, but I guess that it won't happen anytime soon because she almost never wears the same clothes twice, at least in public events. This picture was posted in this thread "the most terrible", but I believe that in Rania's case there should be a thread called "the most inappropriate", because the outift itself is terrific, but was out of place in a wedding in which only Queen Sofia was supposed to be wearing a long dress.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
that pic is so funny, i'll have to remember this thread when ever i'm having a bad day and i need a good laugh

me too semi -- good for a really deep long laugh which is good for one's health, I hear:p

Closed Thread