The Most Terrible, Part 2: April 2004 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
It is not Aimee but Anita on this picture.
I personally liked the outfit of pincess margriet, but on the rest I agree with you.

It's neither Aimee, nor anite. It's Annette the wife of Bernhard. she is seems to like boots. she wore pink ones at Queen's day earlier this year.

pollyemma said:
It's neither Aimee, nor anite. It's Annette the wife of Bernhard. she is seems to like boots. she wore pink ones at Queen's day earlier this year.

Between the boots and the skirt, she looks squat. I know it's not an attractive word, but she looks short and heavy, which I'm sure she's not. She should have gone with something that would elongate her legs.

I think Margriet, the groom's mom, looked nice actually.

But in my opinion, the bride's outfit and Laurentien's are some of <the> worst outfits worn by royals the world over this year so far!

Laurentien's dress sense is seriously beyond me. What is she trying to convey with all these ridiculous outfits of hers?

If anything, it really shows this is someone who truly lives in a rarified world. Doesn't she have any honest girl friends who could give her some much needed, honest-to-goodness advice on this front? Why can't Maxima, who dresses quite well, give her misguided sister in law some advice?

Or else L's husband, Constantijn. He is even more of a mystery to me.

Why oh why can't he see that his spouse is making a fool out of herself by looking ridiculous every time around? The man needs glasses or his eyes checked. Now. Oh wait--he <has> glasses! Ah, never mind...

I took another good look at Anita's dress because I'm trying really hard to like it.

And I think I get it now.

The pattern is one of some tropical coral plants. And the turcoise colors match that. So maybe she's trying to tell us she's a great lover of tropical diving resorts by symbolizing that with this dress?

This goes to show that these designers who conceptualize an outfit too much often forget that a dress also should look flattering. Take Mary of DK's wedding dress: lovely on the sketch, but a huge disappointment in real life.

Same with Letizia's wedding dress. The designer has said the design symbolizes some kind of flower or sth. That's all great, but the result was one that did not flatter the petit bride, who drowned in the dress.

A.C.C. said:
I think black mantillas are the usual type worn to weddings in Spain. Queen Sophia wore a white one to the enthronement of the new Pope because she has le privlege du blanc which mean she is one of the few women in the world allowed to wear white to the vatican. She is allowed to wear white becuase she is a Catholic Queen (others who are allowed to wear white are the Queens of Belgium, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, the Archduchesses of Austria, and the Princesses of Savoia). Everyone else must wear black.

I wonder why the Princesses of Monaco do not have "le privilege du blanc'?? They are Catholic.

She who has not sinned...

princess olga said:
Laurentien's dress sense is seriously beyond me. What is she trying to convey with all these ridiculous outfits of hers? If anything, it really shows this is someone who truly lives in a rarified world. Doesn't she have any honest girl friends who could give her some much needed, honest-to-goodness advice on this front?
As a rule I don't get involved in fashion posts but show me someone, anyone, who hasn't worn something they have later regretted, or gone through a period where in retrospect they asked themselves "what was I thinking?!" It is no reflection on the world they live in or the quality of their friends that people make fashion mistakes, or wear things not to everyone's liking.

The bride dress materials combination is very unique. Stones on clothes actualy is not a bad idea, years ago the rich princesses or queens sew some preciouse stones in their clothes (specially in eastern countries Kingdom its very popular).

azile1710 said:
The civile ceremony of Pieter-Christiaan and Anita today brought out some fashion disasters!

#1- the bride herself
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184914

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184920

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184940

#2 Laurentien
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184909

#3- Margriet's outfit (Did she steal this outfit from bow-crazy Mabel?!)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184949

#4 Marilene's hat
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184942

#5 Aimee's boots - just weird worn at the end of summer
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184934

Maybe the religious service will bring out some more faux-pas!

Eliza

Actually, i think the outfit of Laurentien is not really bad, just the colour green and yello really go together as well as the blue but she does not know how to put them for what kind of outfit, those colour do not match with the outfit,maybe it would be better if she changed her outfit style.

tiaraprin said:
I wonder why the Princesses of Monaco do not have "le privilege du blanc'?? They are Catholic.

I was thinking the same thing, but everytime Grace went to the Vatican she wore black, as did Caroline.

Probably the rank of serene highness is to low, Fuerstin Marie von und zu Liechtenstein doesn't wear white either.

To azile: here a picture of Aimee, posted by misshelen on the dutch forum here

attachment.php

she looks lovely (as always) and her figure is great!

i agree marengo. aimee does always look great. she has a really elegant and simple taste that makes her look wonderful everytime. i haven't seen even once her wearing anything that didn't suit her! however, this time i was wondering if it was ok to wear black in a wedding...

definetely, anita didn't choose the nicest outfit for the civil wedding, really hope the wedding dress is nicer!

suturegeisha said:
I love Maria Teresa, and sometimes she wears the most beautiful dresses.....

....but, other times, not. Like this one from Prince Alois and Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein's wedding. It's all wrong. The pattern, the cut, everything. Granted this was the early 90s, but come on.

Did her dress maker run out of cloth and used a shower curtain instead? This is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

suturegeisha said:
Enough MT bashing, let's move on to MC :p

I'm surprised no one's posted this hideous creation from WA + Maxima's wedding ball. It's a Valentino design. Apparently, that's all the reassurance she needs to wear it. Maybe I should change my name to Valentino and start designing things. I bet I'd make a fortune!

If we're MC bashing.. I don't really like her and the clothes she wears.. well enough said. :confused:

azile1710 said:
Some of these are SOOOO funny!

Well, in honour of Camilla's engagement (and the fury of opinions it has unleashed!) I thought I'd post one of her fashion faux-pas. It will be very interesting to watch her future fashion.....

I dont think this one needs much comment! Enjoy.

Eliza

And as long as we're bashing...

I'm a huge Diana fan. I've been a huge Diana fan since the papers were speculating whether or not Prince Charles would be asking her to marry him. So with that said...

I don't like Camilla, I didn't like her back in the 70's when she was dating Prince Charles and was happy when Queen Mum decided she wasn't suitable to be a royal wife. I didn't like her when Charles and Diana were married and rumours about Charles and Camilla started. I still don't like her. Nothing she will do - no matter who she married will ever make me like her.

As far as fashion style goes... she doesn't have one. She can't win in my books so there you have it.

I apologize if offended anyone but that's my opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
this is what defines the word terrible:D

OK, who let her out of the loony bin? Where's the fashion police when you really need them!!! :confused:

hillary_nugent said:
Prince Maria Laura of belgium...pretty and young, but that dress to a wedding? hm...looks like the floral patterns our grandmothers adore...

Somewhere in Europe, there's a lamp that's missing a shade.... that is by far the ugliest hat I have ever seen... I think

Lisele said:
Somewhere in Europe, there's a lamp that's missing a shade.... that is by far the ugliest hat I have ever seen... I think
That's an insult to the poor lamp.:)

Could we please refrain from using this sort of language. It adds nothing to the discussion and just gets people's backs up unnecessarily.
Originally Posted by Lisele : And as long as we're bashing...

Originally Posted by Lisele : If we're MC bashing..

thanks,
Warren
Royal Forums Supermoderator

Last edited:
I actually like this dress and hat. Only the upper prt of the dress should have been made of less stiff & shiny material.

azile1710 said:
I know Mable likes bows, but this looks more suited to a young girl than an intelligent young woman.... I don't like to criticize maternity outfits because I know it's difficult to be fashionable while expecting, but I don't think this is very fashionable!

Eliza

sorry....but i think mabel is ugly

Marengo said:
I actually like this dress and hat. Only the upper prt of the dress should have been made of less stiff & shiny material.
I think the hat is terrible, but i had liked the dress if the "thing" on her dress didn't was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom