The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Laurentien is a lovely person, although I dislike some outfits shown here (not all, f.e. the outfits she wore at the baptisms of Amalia and Claus-Casimir were nice) I must say she has guts. Her personality shows through her clothes, those lively colours and daring and original design (not always very succesfull to say the least) are finally something different then the stylish but boring suits of Natan that so many princesses are wearing.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Laurentien is a lovely person, although I dislike some outfits shown here (not all, f.e. the outfits she wore at the baptisms of Amalia and Claus-Casimir were nice) I must say she has guts. Her personality shows through her clothes, those lively colours and daring and original design (not always very succesfull to say the least) are finally something different then the stylish but boring suits of Natan that so many princesses are wearing.
I agree and well said! She does have a lot of guts to wear some of those clothes, and it's nice to see royals who aren't afraid to be different. We may laugh (and sometimes cringe) at some of the outfits she has worn, but as you said, her personality comes through, which is a refreshing change. The same goes with Märtha-Louise; sometimes she may wear ‘unusual’ outfits, but it represents who she is, and I admire people that are brave enough to do that. Good on both of them! :)

Old 02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Nobility

As I said above, this is not personal at all! I respect her (Laurentien's) originality. I'm just not sure she makes choices that are the most flattering.

Well, this is not a forum to criticize only one person, let's "Share The Love"!!!

We don't often list photos of men and their fashion mistakes, so here is one of one- Laurent REALLY needs to donate these pants to charity because they don't do anything for him!

Eliza
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laruent 2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	95535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Laurent.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	95536  
Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

the umbrella is cute:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
As I said above, this is not personal at all! I respect her (Laurentien's) originality. I'm just not sure she makes choices that are the most flattering.

Well, this is not a forum to criticize only one person, let's "Share The Love"!!!

We don't often list photos of men and their fashion mistakes, so here is one of one- Laurent REALLY needs to donate these pants to charity because they don't do anything for him!

Eliza
Old 02-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Eliza
The pants, sure... and what posessed him to wear a red tie with those pants? *shudders*
Old 02-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

poor laurentien!
she doesn't always dress bad!!

some great designs she wore:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	laurentien-1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	101678   Click image for larger version

Name:	laurentien-2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	101679   Click image for larger version

Name:	laurentien-3.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	101680   Click image for larger version

Name:	laurentien-4.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	101681  

Name:	laurentien-5.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	101682   Click image for larger version

Name:	laurentien-6.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	101683   Click image for larger version

Name:	laurentien-7.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	101684  
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-19-2005, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she does often wear some nice outfits. Of those one's you [Carlota] posted, this one is my favourite. :)

Old 02-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Some of Laurentien's outfits are terrible, yes, but it must also be hard for her to be in Maxima's fashion shadow.

But as others have noted, Laurentien does carry off some of her outrageous outfits very well in a way that an individual with less spunk and personality might not be able to. That she can carry off some of these outfits is kudos enough to her.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Princess Michael of Kent should have reconsidered this one..... it's suited more for a brothel than a state dinner!
Oh for heavens sake when did we become so puritanical??????????????

Princess Michael is an attractive woman with a great figure. She isn't displaying anything that we havn't seen before over the centuries. Since when is showing a bit of cleavage sinful????????
Old 02-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was surprised too about that criticism, she always looks a bit regal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Oh for heavens sake when did we become so puritanical??????????????

Princess Michael is an attractive woman with a great figure. She isn't displaying anything that we havn't seen before over the centuries. Since when is showing a bit of cleavage sinful????????
Old 02-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Nobility

You call that "a little" bit of cleavage?

I guess the sight of Marie Christine's heaving bosoms during dinner are not particularly appetizing to me. I think the outfit would be much more flattering if it were not so low cut.

Eliza
Old 02-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Courtier

I agree.

I think that a so low cut is not regal at all.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Nobility

I know Mable likes bows, but this looks more suited to a young girl than an intelligent young woman.... I don't like to criticize maternity outfits because I know it's difficult to be fashionable while expecting, but I don't think this is very fashionable!

Eliza
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mabel.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	96678  
Old 02-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Here is a full photo.

Eliza
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mabel 2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	96679  
Old 02-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

someone need to keep her away from anything bow like because,again, she looks like a present
Old 02-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
notice though how pleased as punch her husband constantine looks with her and about his (married) life in general.
Good point! In every picture of the two of them he seems guninely happy and very much in love. I guess love really is blind...lol. But in all seriousness, it is wonderful that he loves her so much, just as she is.:)
Old 02-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

The Emmanuels didn't take the fact she would be traveling in a small coach into consideration when designing the dress, that's for sure. It was really crumpled. I watched them try and smooth out the wrinkles but it just was too far gone by then.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

I think a turning point was when she visited Paris with Charles and, in homage to her hosts, wore chanel. She looked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sparkles
I think most of what she wore in the 1980s was pretty bad. I know there were a few things that were nice - but most of it was horrible. In my opinion, it wasn't until she finally separated from Charles that she started to dress really well (and dress well most of the time).

To be fair to her, though...the 1980s wasn't the most forgiving decade. A lot of the stuff that was *in* then hasn't held up well over time - in hindsight, it doesn't look elegant it just looks dated. It also didn't help her that british fashion didn't really kick into high gear until the 90s (although, of course, there were some good designers in the UK way back when - just not like now). She really tried to wear a lot of british designers to help promote the industry, so her choices were a little limited. Had she stuck to exclusively french designers it might have been different.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Courtier

I think most of Cathrine Walker's designes are so horrible
Old 02-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Courtier

even if I'm paid a million $ just to wear this dress I wont!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DWF15-239270.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	99044