The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posts about the financing of the royal wardrobe have been moved to the following thread: Royal Wealth and Finances.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
This is going to sound very weird but bear with me. There are photos of her wearing flip flops that show that the toe right next to the big toe is quite a bit longer than her big toe. Unless you get your shoe custom designed commercial sizes don't take that into account and so she has to buy a bigger size for her feet to have room.

Flats are much easier on your feet and are much more accommodating to that issue. In 90% of the pictures we've seen of her casually before she got married to Harry she wore flats. All the paps shots and everything unless it was a formal event she wore flats she was never one to step out of the house in heels all the time. She alway stuck to flats.

I think she likes heels a lot as we saw in the pictures on her insta of her closet but I do think she needs to go for a smaller height in heels. Meghan on the show suits and in any of the press events before didn't wear heels as high as she is wearing now.
Interesting, hadn't noticed that before. I have the same 'issue' (second toe is longer than big toe) but it seems it is more pronounced in her case.

So, you are saying that she needs more room 'upfront' when wearing heels because her foot might be pressuring the frontside of the shoe. However, it seems that the result is that she has a lot of room left at her heel.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness

Trust me, I feel her pain! I, too, have a second toe which is slightly larger than my big toe and a nasty bunion. I’ve started to buy shoes a 1/2 size larger and it makes a great difference.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Makes sense to me.
To avoid foot pain, discomfort, and chronic foot issues later in life, celebrities choose to wear shoes that are at least a size too big for them. Moreover, large pumps or sandals won’t rub, pinch, or squeeze because they don’t put pressure on the most vulnerable areas of the feet.

But if you use big shoes wouldn't you flip flop with them? coming out of your heel?
Old 07-14-2018, 01:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
To avoid foot pain, discomfort, and chronic foot issues later in life, celebrities choose to wear shoes that are at least a size too big for them. Moreover, large pumps or sandals won’t rub, pinch, or squeeze because they don’t put pressure on the most vulnerable areas of the feet.

But if you use big shoes wouldn't you flip flop with them? coming out of your heel?
I'd have said that shoes that are a little too big, will slip around and cause sore spots. Surely the best thing is to have (if you can afford it) perfectly fitting shoes.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:21 AM
Gentry

Meghan is on Wimbledon and seems like she is wearing her favourite hat again.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Meghan today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiD9TuTW0AAfjt9.jpg
Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
She nailed it. SO chic and modern.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not sure what I think about her look today yet...I need a better view. I love the shirt...just not sure I love the shirt with the pant/skirt (?) she's wearing.

LaRae
Old 07-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

She looks great! I knew she’d have a hat. Gotta protect that skin.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not sure what I think about her look today yet...I need a better view. I love the shirt...just not sure I love the shirt with the pant/skirt (?) she's wearing.

LaRae
Wide leg trousers
Old 07-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Courtier

There are some better photo’s of it in this article:

Kate and Meghan arrive to watch BFF Serena Williams fighting for eighth Wimbledon title | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the look, so cool and elegant. It's not too dissimilar to the line judges and umpire ladies' outfits!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I love the look, so cool and elegant. It's not too dissimilar to the line judges and umpire ladies' outfits!

That is a very accurate description!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Majesty

This is a very sharp look. Love the stripes. It says a pencil skirt in the article! I think it's very appropriate for an afternoon at Wimbledon.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm I think those trousers need a different top. I like them separately but not as an outfit. They are too different or something.

LaRae
Old 07-14-2018, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Looking good, Megs.

One quibble is if she’d hem those pants just half an inch. Good to see her Panama hat again!!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Royal Highness

She looks as an actress at Wimbledon (not a princess)
(..)
Old 07-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post

Emma Watson today
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...1568305592.jpg
Are white pants exclusively for actress? This is actually a look I’ve seen on a lot of professional women (various color wide legged pants and a button down). Although the lines are rarely this clean.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post

Emma Watson today
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...1568305592.jpg
Since when is a blouse and pants the look of an actress? She’s appropriately dressed. Just because Emma W. wore a pants suit does not make pants into actress attire.

Closed Thread