The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Meghan/Harry will be in the pics...I thought only the godparents were in the pics?

LaRae

I don't remember seeing formal photos of either George or Charlotte's godparents. I'm sure they took some, but only family photos were released.

https://www.eonline.com/de/news/473...d-see-the-royal-family-in-the-official-photos
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-princess-charlotte-of-cambridge-in-pictures/

I expect to see Meghan and James Matthews this time if they release full family photos.

Last edited:
Ah, just thought of the other impinging color element: the room where the pictures will be taken. :flowers: What will the colors be of the furniture, the walls? What will be the outside lighting streaming through the windows? It's the setting that I think the Swedish RF does well, too, as well as their planned color schemed dressing.

Last edited:
Ah okay, thanks !

LaRae

I posted about the formal portraits situation in the christening thread, since this thread is about Meghan's fashion. ? Harry was on tour during Princess Charlotte's christening.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...0000578-5933103-image-a-119_1531153056181.jpg full shot of Meghan today

I love Meghan's look from head to toe. I especially love the way she styled her hair, and I feel that the medium hemline length on this bespoke Ralph Lauren outfit suits Meghan the best. I don't like her overly conservative midi and maxi hemlines. I liked the styling, neckline and color of her yellow dress by the American designer, Brandon Maxwell, the other day. The back slit made up for the maxi to midi length hemline, which was okay. It's just that it came back-to-back-to-back with the Cheshire maxi to midi length, the Royal Ascot maxi, the Commonwealth event maxi to midi length that I tire of seeing on her. The olive green dress is also medium length but not too low down past her knees.

Last edited:
Meghan makes a striking figure in this dark outfit. She certainly likes those boat necklines, but a fuller skirt makes a nice change. I especially love, love the hat, and her hair. Divine!

I'm struggling with this look. The fascinator evokes images of airplane propellers and I just can't see past it to the rest of the outfit. In some pictures the dress looks navy in others it's black. All in all it seems a bit too simple and too dark for the occasion. Not my favorite.

Christening outfit - I applaud her for wearing olive color, since it's a color that not everybody else can pull it of, but it suited Meghan. The dress was ok-ish, nothing to spectacular. My two complains goes to the hat and shoes; I hate the hat, the design is weird; and I know she likes monochromatic looks, but it would've been a better outfit if she wore another color for shoes...way too olive color!

Centenary of the Royal Air Force - LOVE LOVE LOVE this look!!! The dress might be simple, but it's beautiful, love the fuller skirt and neckline. For the hat...I actually like it, though. And finally a different colored shoes that aren't the same as the dress. Great look!

I love the whole silhouette and style of things ...I think the only thing I would change would be something the break up the black...a brooch, a belt with color. The shoe is not quite enough color for the whole outfit.

LaRae

Interesting look, apparently by Dior.
Maybe a bit too dark for the occasion (especially with the other royal ladies opting for light colors, and black is always a bit tricky protocol wise), but i can see the tribute to the RAF uniforms. The fascinator is a nice touch as well.

Last edited:
Simple but yet stylish look on the duchess,wasn't overly keen on the fascinator and the colour might have been a tad somber for this occassion.

Once again, the duchess looks very chic. I believe she's wearing navy? I actually like the dark dress paired with those color heels, the contrast is nice. Cute hat too!

Edit! Updated ..Stephen Jones Hat, Bespoke navy dress by Dior. Clutch and shoes by Dior as well.

LaRae

Last edited:
I thought Meghan's dress was a dark blue. Daily Fail got it wrong and called it a little black dress.

I knew that the dress was NAVY and not Black on my computer screen! The dress shouts Meghan's style and fits to a T! Someone said that the hat looks like airplane propellers! Well...this is a Royal Air Force celebration so I would say that Meghan's hat fits the theme perfectly!:lol:
The boat neck style will definitely be Meghan's personal style so we should all get use to it! I mean Kate is wearing a coat dress that she has in different colors and that's her style!
Queue the usual suspects complaining about the French design! I could bet my salary on it!! Thank God for the ignore list! I wish that quotes from posters on my ignore list were hidden as well!

Last edited:
Just saw a really good closeup and I love the color and style/fit of this dress. She looks beautiful.

I like the dress, although it needs a pin or something.
Not keen on that fascinator.

Adore today’s navy, definitely needed a brooch! Fascinator is pointless, but the hair is in a bun!

I know they are saying navy...but on my screen it looks black in every pic I've seen! Must not be the right angle or something.

LaRae

One more thing about the christening dress. I just saw a photo of her and Harry leaving that gave a decent look at the back of the dress. I’m almost upset at her for wearing this to the christening now because this dress deserves a better look than the few seconds in the walkway. The back looked to be very interesting and I’m sad we aren’t getting a better look at it. Hopefully the green dress will be something she keeps near the front of her closet and gets a repeat at some point.

Now onto the dress for today. I really like it and thought it was quite striking on her, which surprised me a little bit because I would expect that color would just blend. But I think it’s the silhouette that’s quite interesting. It’s a really flattering cut for her. I’m giving her props for the hat. I’m actually a little surprised how fast the different hats have come at us and how natural she looks in them in the short amount of time. Usually they look a bit weird on people who hasn’t worn them a lot in the past.

Last edited:
Again a wonderful look. The boat neck is clearly Meghan's favourite, and it suits her so well. I live her experiments with hats and fascinators, I really like this one.

Such a wonderful dress and look today...perfect as usual... perfect face, figure, outfit and I think Harry's look at her shows how he is proud to be with this magnificent girl !

I love the dress, the fascinator is not for me (somebody compared it to an airplane propeller), and I don't get the beige shoes at all.

Last edited:
That fascinator is really cute and playful imo. I don't get the airplane propeller reference. :ermm: :lol:

I know they are saying navy...but on my screen it looks black in every pic I've seen! Must not be the right angle or something.
LaRae

Interesting...Who called the dress navy? I think it's easier to see the color difference if you look at the fascinator. That's what made me question if the outfit was navy and not black. I'm not big on brooches for young women but I think you're right. Some type of accent jewelry or contrasting colored accessory would help break up this look. The beige shoes make more sense if the dress is indeed navy.

That fascinator is really cute and playful imo. I don't get the airplane propeller reference. :ermm: :lol:

Sorry I just see a pinwheel ready to take flight off her head. But I'm not a fan of fascinators in general. :nonono:

Last edited:
I don`t like the hat it seems as tough she keep going with the same style of hats choices - maybe cream color or a light color like what everyone else was doing would have workes for her better

Interesting...Who called the dress navy? I think it's easier to see the color difference if you look at the fascinator. That's what made me question if the outfit was navy and not black. I'm not big on brooches for young women but I think you're right. Some type of accent jewelry or contrasting colored accessory would help break up this look. The beige shoes make more sense if the dress is indeed navy.

Sorry I just see a pinwheel ready to take flight off her head. But I'm not a fan of fascinators in general. :nonono:

All of the royal watchers are saying navy ...it must be a very very dark navy.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom