The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 9: June 2016 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is very nice as the skirt is swift in the right manner. I don't like how the bodice seems to drag Camilla down though... but red suits her very much!

Beautiful red lace on the duchess. And as always, rocking the jewels :flowers:

A very festive looking colour on the Duchess but the shape of the gown is not very flattering.

A very festive looking colour on the Duchess but the shape of the gown is not very flattering.

I just think the belt does not add anything and ends up hurting the overall look.

Repeated outfits overload ...
- The polish schoolgirl uniform is STILL around.
- The Oldfiled gown is stunning ... but boring (three times in a row for a state event... c'mon).

Camilla looks great in both. :flowers:

I think Camilla is simply practical at her age. She has well designed expensive pieces that fit her right. She sees no need to keep adding to her wardrobe. If she was late she would be applauded for recycling :ermm:

With Camilla a repeat is a sure bet 90 percent of the time. She had some new outfits for the Middle Eastern tour - probably a must due to heat and custom, her red lace dress is new and she usually has something new + new hat for Ascot. Otherwise, I can’t remember the last time she had anything new.

My problem isn’t repeating things, but that she doesn’t seem to mix things up or leave much time between wearings. She sometimes wears the same dress several times per month. And lately, she also wears the same jewelry all the time. She has at least 6 different pearl chokers and she wears the same one constantly.

I'm not a fan of this Oldfield gown and wearing a white gown - the same as the Queen- seems like a uniform rerun of the state opening of parliament

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

We have not gotten official pics of this event before. Last year, Kate wore a white gown to this event - so there may be a tendency for the senior royals to wear white. It lets the Parliament opening gowns another venue to be seen/used. And, maybe Kate just wanted to not have to buy a second white gown for this year? I'm off topic, but I just have this feeling that the DOCo and the Queen favor white for this event. :flowers:

We have not gotten official pics of this event before. Last year, Kate wore a white gown to this event - so there may be a tendency for the senior royals to wear white. It lets the Parliament opening gowns another venue to be seen/used. And, maybe Kate just wanted to not have to buy a second white gown for this year? I'm off topic, but I just have this feeling that the DOCo and the Queen favor white for this event. :flowers:

the dress Kate wore in 2013 and 2015 was a light blue, not white.

I'm not a fan of this Oldfield gown and wearing a white gown - the same as the Queen- seems like a uniform rerun of the state opening of parliament

I agree.

I thought it was an unwritten rule that other royal ladies should not wear the same color as the Queen?

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 9: June 2016 -

Oh dear just as we thought the navy had come to the end of its lifespan

Honestly, the style suits her. Nice she changes it up with a new color. Certainly not the only royal with outfit in more than one color. At her age, and like Anne never much for fashion it seems, pretty understandable she sticks things that fit, are appropriate and she likes. May be biting, but that's what we have clothes people like Kate for.

I think she is determined to single handedly bring pin tucks back to the fore in fashion. And she is wearing the longer single pearl strand, which, I always like to see.

The Duchess of Cornwall in Christmas-tree-green ;) with children from the charity and children supported by Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity decorating the Christmas tree at Clarence House today, December 14:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I love the color but i don't like this dress on Duchess!

And why not! I think the style works well for her, I am sure its very comfortable.

With her back issues I can understand why she'd want to stick to a style that she finds comfortable.

I don't like the dress I don't know if it's the color or the way it hangs. However it looks comfortable and with all the bending with the kids it was probably a good choice. It seems like everyone had a wonderful day.

I love the color but the style doesn't suit her. Perhaps because I am used to her in looser flowing looks. Not a dress I would be sad to never see recycled. :whistling:

The Duchess of Cornwall in Christmas-tree-green ;) with children from the charity and children supported by Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity decorating the Christmas tree at Clarence House today, December 14:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Strangely, i like it...

The peplum in the back spoilt a nice dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom